Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nothing.

Mlpfan185

I'm gay so I should be Harkness 

Just kidding.

So, we're supposed to make a video? Okay then. I'll do this like right no, then post it. Just posting right now so you'll know I'm doing it.

*good luck me* 

• Brohoof 1

I think, we can use you for a variety of roles. In the time I have been balancing vocals for various songs, animations, ect. That was cleanest one, and very well done. The team jumped on that pretty quickly. As I don't normally fill parts after one audition.

You are definitely a sure in for Nurse Redheart, and maybe a couple other parts. I think you would work fine for Celestia as well. I can do a minor shift pitch and toss out the low end, and I think it would work wonderfully. Your voice work is superb, and you went all out with the improv. Have you done this before?

I actually write a few scripts/stories of my own, and I do professional voice acting (although I'm a new to the paid side of the business).  However I've been in theater since I was three so it's really something I've done my whole life.  Glad to be working with you :)

There is only one teensie problem.

The background hiss provides lots of opportunity for sound degradation.

For example, when I tried to pitch shift, and clean it, it became slightly tinny.

http://legionofdarkpirates.com/files/remapped_aa.mp3

I also think, with your particular speaking style, that you might be a better fit for Bill Neigh, but we need to take care of that mic background hiss.

What kind of mic are you using?

I think, we can use you for a variety of roles. In the time I have been balancing vocals for various songs, animations, ect. That was cleanest one, and very well done. The team jumped on that pretty quickly. As I don't normally fill parts after one audition.

You are definitely a sure in for Nurse Redheart, and maybe a couple other parts. I think you would work fine for Celestia as well. I can do a minor shift pitch and toss out the low end, and I think it would work wonderfully. Your voice work is superb, and you went all out with the improv. Have you done this before?

Ah, I have no idea why it is a mic hiss. I am using a turtle beach microphone. I thought it was pretty good. ;-;

Audacity. I really hope I get a part. DX

Do you use the "noise removal" tool?  If not, record a moment of silence from 6-8 seconds.  go up to 'effect' and select noise removal.  Then, get noise profile, and use that to apply to anything you record during that moment.  If you're already doing that, I'm not sure what the hiss is.

Edited by LittleMissBloo

Do you use the "noise removal" tool?  If not, record a moment of silence from 6-8 seconds.  go up to 'effect' and select noise removal.  Then, get noise profile, and use that to apply to anything you record during that moment.  If you're already doing that, I'm not sure what the hiss is.

Not doing that, but I can. Am I getting a part or something?

Not doing that, but I can. Am I getting a part or something?

No idea! It's not my decision.  However, noise removal is a good tool to  use to make your voice recordings sound a lot cleaner, and help the people putting together all the sounds.

As of the moment, no, that mic hiss is REALLY hard to edit out. However, I think I have a part that fits you, and I can provide a little coaching to iron out the details. See what you can do for the hiss.

If you can get it, try to use something like Reaper. It is a 'trial' that has no limits, and is actually free. Also, LittleMissBloo is providing some good advice.

Also, make sure you don't have anything like a heater, or fan running in the background.

Mic hiss, is terribly hard to edit out, and degrades the overall quality. However, it might just be a tweaking of a setting or two to fix.

Experiment, and re-record a couple of lines.

Which part? I'll be able to get the mic hiss out. Which part though?

Greetings, 

I am very Interested in Portraying a role in this radio-Show.

I also Happen to have a decent Mic at stand by.

I would of course send in auditions today. However, I am unable to since once I read this it was far to late in the evening to record anything. However, I can promise to have a few auditions ready.

Yet, It would also help to know when you will close auditions. Since that information seemed to be absent. 

I will be seeing you tomorrow. 

I'll audition as a male voice. There are many parts I feel I can handle, so if I just do a few different characters and mix it into one audition, would that be fine? Anyway, I'll get all the characters I know well included.