Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey there!

StarSwirlTheBearded

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Well, after eleven weeks (2 1/2 months) of debating, I guess I am now a brony.

A History

For at least a year now, I have been aware of the bronies' existence.  I never gave them any thought, although if asked, I would probably consider myself anti-brony.  Thus, in August, I began to look into them a little bit more.  Since it was summer vacation (I am a HS student), I felt that this had the capability of becoming another big fad, similar to what Despicable Me/minions had done the year prior (I still hate that).  And in that way, I started to gather knowledge about My Little Pony and its fans.  And all the while, I became more and more of an anti-brony, plotting ways to destroy the fandom if it sprouted at my school (in the end, there are only a few open bronies, and it never became a fad).

November 30th, the last day of the month, became the day that I watched the first episode (as in the first part of the two-part thing at the start of season 1).  That day was the day that I started to become a brony.  Almost every reason that I had to hate the show and fans disappeared for a day or two.  However, the anti-brony side held on, and I entered an unstable state (anti-brony remaining dominant) until the present day.

Throughout December and January, I struggled on which side to choose.  On the outside, I remained the same anti-brony that I had always been.  On the inside, I gradually became more and more like a brony.  In this time, I watched many more episodes (2nd episode, Ticket Master, Party of One, Sonic Rainboom, Lesson Zero [my favorite], Boast Busters [my least favorite], and Dragonshy).  Then, in late January, I joined this forum, since I had concerns about joining the fandom.  If you want to see that, go to my post titled "Almost a brony..."

This past week, I realized that I have a break from school (very busy student), and that I may as well try it for a week.  And as a result, today is day one of my days as a brony.  However, I will probably remain an anti-brony in the outside world, since my friends are all anti-bronies (although I think my best friend is only pretending and is really a brony).  Plus, since I am still skeptical, I may decide to leave.

Getting Started

I need some advice about getting started as a brony.  What should and shouldn't I do?  How will being a brony impact me?  And most importantly, how do I balance bronyism (is that a word?) with my hectic schedule and endless studies?  I mean, there are tons of episodes, and although I've heard of people on the internet that have watched a season in a day, that is almost impossible.  If "anypony" can help, please do.

About Me

I am an intelligent, hard-working teen.  I am a strong introvert, and if you trust the MBTI tests, I am an INTJ.  That being said, I absolutely hate society and nearly everything about it.  I hate everyone's attitude that boyfriends/girlfriends/friends in general is far more important than working towards anything.  I think that if society goes in the direction that it's going, the coming decades will be dark times.  As a result of all of the above, I can be very depressed, and generally dark.  It seems to me that my opinions of everything is different than the brony opinions and the opinions of general society.

Conclusion

Just like my last post, I feel like I am missing something.  Of course, I will post that if it comes to me.  Also, as I mentioned before, I may stop being a brony if I feel like it isn't for me.  The chance of me staying, however, is greater than not (otherwise I wouldn't be here).

PS: abct8 doesn't stand for anything, and is just a random jumble of letters to prevent my anti-brony friends from discovering.

EDIT 1: Added to the "Getting Started" section and created the "About Me" section.

EDIT 2: Added to the "About Me" section.

EDIT 3: Added to the "Conclusion" section.

Edited by abct8

Wow, that's an interesting story! I, too, am I high school student, and I only know of one open brony so far in my school ( and it's not me). I can't really give you much advice to the matter as I am a new brony as well, but I hope somepony can help. Have fun here at the forums!

Edited by LunarEclipse1

You don't see many new twilight fans these days! Welcome and I think you should watch episodes when you have any spear time and always post around the forums in that time too, if your bored then watch an episode or come on here! Remember an episode a day keeps the doctor away! Welcome to the herd :) 

Pinkie_pie_party_canon_left.gif