Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2017: Luna's American Tour

Tornadopelt

Feast eyes and click heels if ya got 'em! On August 21, 2017, Princess Luna will be making a personal tour of our great America, visiting many cities in Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and North and South Carolina! This event will have bronies turning their heads towards the convergence! Wanna know why? It's the First total eclipse on American soil since 1991, First on the mainland since 1979, and... First to sweep across the entire country since 1918! So it's a pretty big deal. If you want to know if you're in the shadow, post a comment on the picture comments saying what city in what state you live in so I can determine if you're in the path of Totality!

Here's the code:

__

You're right on the centerline, and that's as good as you can get! Stay put and enjoy the show (given good weather, of course)!

__

n

This city is close to the northern edge of the path. You'll see totality, but if you can head south about 30-50 miles or so, then you'll see more of the show!

__

s

This city is close to the southern edge of the path. You'll see totality, but if you can head north about 30-50 miles or so, then you'll see more of the show!

__

n*

This city is right on the northern edge of the path. You need to get to the southern part of the city to see totality, or better yet, get about 46-60 miles south! And if you're at all north or northeast of this city (or even in the northern part of town), you won't see totality at all!

__

s*

This city is right on the southern edge of the path. You need to get to the northern part of the city to see totality, or better yet, get about 40-60 miles north! And if you're at all south or southwest of this city (or even in the southern part of town), you won't see totality at all!

No code, but your city is listed

You're good! You're in the path of totality, and you should either stay put, or get to a city that's got even more totality (on the centerline would be best!)! Check the weather to make sure you'll be able to see the sun!

Your city isn't listed

Most likely, you're not in the path! Look through the list to find a city you can get to, and get there! (If you find a city that is within ten miles of you, that has lots of totality duration, then it's likely I just missed your city. E-mail us to ask that we include it!)

Your state isn't listed

Aaaaagh! Even worse! Get to one of the states that's in the path, and find a city in that state to view totality from!

So yeah, post your city and state in the posting area below so i can determine if you're in the shadow!

post-2428-0-41394300-1331425444_thumb.png

Edited by Tornadopelt
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks! Where do ya live, as in city/state?

Cullman, Alabama, eh? Well, unfortunately you're not in the path, Tumorfist... but if you head north to Kentucky, about 70 miles or so, you can get there!

Anypony else gonna see this?

I'm glad I live here.

I am too. However, I live near the middle of Missouri.