Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro and their way of selling toys?

Odyssey

It’s kind of hard for me to explain, but… take Equestria Girls for example, one of the main reasons (or so I think so, anyway) it exists is to convince their viewers to buy their dolls and to rival that forgettable Monster High. Twilicorn also partly exist for the toys, since Hasbro thinks that princesses sell well.

For a while, I’ve been trying to figure out why bronies think Hasbro’s tactics to sell toys is disgusting, but I couldn’t find a good answer. Why do you think Hasbro’s way of marketing is bad?

It’s kind of hard for me to explain, but… take Equestria Girls for example, one of the main reasons (or so I think so, anyway) it exists is to convince their viewers to buy their dolls and to rival that forgettable Monster High. Twilicorn also partly exist for the toys, since Hasbro thinks that princesses sell well.

For a while, I’ve been trying to figure out why bronies think Hasbro’s tactics to sell toys is disgusting, but I couldn’t find a good answer. Why do you think Hasbro’s way of marketing is bad?

Because a vast majority of the fandom believes that MLP:FiM exists for their entertainment rather than what it's actually for, selling colorful hunks of plastic.