Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Eclipse

“Hey, Concert, wanna come round to my place after school?” Orchid Petal asked Blue Concert during a rather uninteresting spelling test.

“Uh, sorry, I have a piano rehearsal then,” replied Blue Concert.

Petal sighed. “How about you, Frosty?” she asked the filly on her other side.

“I’m supposed to be helping my grandfather at his shop,” replied Frosted Sprinkles.

Petal was just about to ask the colt in front of her, when the bell rang to end the final class of the day.

“Remember to study, because we’re continuing this tomorrow!” called the teacher, as the students ran out of the classroom and through the halls.

While the other students chatted and giggled, Petal was staring sullenly at the ground. Recently, her friends had been shunning her. As if it wasn’t bad enough that her father had to be away at work most of the time. It had gotten so lonely, she had begun talking to her stuffed toys. She was so solemnly focused on the bleak pathway, that she hadn’t even been looking where she was going, and ended up tripping over a stone that had gotten stuck in the path when it had been paved. She rubbed her snout, and carried on home – carefully this time.

“Hello, dear. How was your day?” asked her mother, as soon as Petal entered the apartment.

“Not good… Nopony wanted to talk to me,” replied Petal, slumping onto the couch. “Except for the teacher, so that she could tell me off for trying to speak to the other kids.”

“That’s a shame,” replied her mother. “But I know what’ll make you happy… your dad wants to speak to you!” she added, patting Petal’s cyan mane and holding up the telephone. Petal gasped in delight, and grabbed the phone.

“Hey there, Dad!” greeted Petal excitedly.

On the other end of the line, her father chuckled. “How’s my little cutie-pie been?” he asked.

"Uh... good!" replied Petal hesitantly. "Anyway, I can't wait until you come back today!"

"Yeah... about that..." replied her father. "My boss asked me to stay two more days."

"What? But Dad, you promised we were going to play soccer..."

"Sorry, darling, I don't make the rules," answered her father, with a hint of remorse. "But it'll just be two more days. Okay?"

"Okay..." said Petal. "Goodbye..."

"See you in two days, my little pony," replied her father, and Petal sadly ended the call, before trudging over to her bedroom.

"Honey, is everything okay?" asked her mother.

"Oh, yeah, fine..." answered Petal, though she certainly didn't sound like it. She went into her room and closed the door.

"It's just not fair!" she cried, lying next to her stuffed animals. "Why do none of my friends speak to me? Why is Daddy always away at work?"

She then grabbed her stuffed tiger, and bobbed its head about as she put on a different voice. "But other ponies have responsibilities too!"

She put the tiger back, and went back to using her normal voice. "Well, yes, Mr. Growl, but shouldn't they at least make some time for those that they care about?"

She then grabbed her elephant toy, moved its head around as she had done with the tiger, and said in a high-pitched voice, "Why don't you ask Mommy if you can do stuff with her?"

She returned to her normal voice again, and said, "Because, Miss Trunk, she's usually reading the newspaper, and that's not very fun. The writing is so tiny, you practically have to press your face against the page to read, it's filled with words I've never even heard of, and it's just... well, boring." She sighed, and held onto Sir Chimp. "It's good to know that you guys won't abandon me..."

She then heard her mother calling her. "Oh, Petal, could you come and help me with something?"

When Petal arrived, her mother pointed to a cupboard. "Can you help me move these boxes into the cupboard?" She picked up a box and laid it on a shelf in the cupboard. Petal took a lighter box and did the same. Within a few minutes, all of the boxes had been moved from the living room into the cupboard.

"Thanks, darling! Dinner will be ready in ten minutes," her mother told her, and trotted away. Petal began to walk away, but then returned when she realised she had seen something.

It appeared to be a stuffed toy made to look like a pony. It was a dark shade of grey, and had dimly-coloured patches stitched onto it. And it was very dirty, too. Just then, much to Petal's terror, a rat emerged from a hole. It sniffed the plushie, and moved closer to it...

BZZZT!

There had been a blinding flash of light. Petal cautiously opened an eye, and looked to see that the rat had seemingly disappeared.

Lying in its place was a plushie made to look like a rat.

Petal just stood there, gaping in awe at what had just occured. She could think of only one explanation for the rat disappearing and there suddenly being a rat plushie in its place.

The plushie itself was the rat.

A doll that turned things into other dolls? It just seemed so unbelievable. It sounded like a Poison Joke affliction. She picked the rat doll up by the tail and took it to her room. She then came back for the other doll with mysterious plushification powers, and was about to take it... but she then jumped back in realization. She looked around until she found some gloves, and put them on, so that she could touch the doll without falling victim to its powers.

She took it to her room, and placed it amongst her other toys. I hope Mom doesn't come across this if she decides to clean my room... she thought to herself. It was then that she had an idea, and a grin spread across her face.

One of her friends was going to spend a lot more time with her. And her stuffed toys were going to receive a new playmate.

"Sweetie?" said Petal's mother the next day.

"Yeah, Mom?" replied Petal.

"I'm going out shopping for an hour. Will you be okay on your own in the meantime?"

"Uh, sure Mom!"

"Okay. See you later!" replied her mother, and gave her daughter a hug, then left.

Petal rubbed her hooves in anticipation. This was the moment she had been waiting for. The single most perfect time for her plan to go into action. She picked up the telephone and dialled for Blue Concert.

"Hey there, Concert, it's me, Petal! I was wondering, would you like to come over and play?" asked Petal.

"Sure, I guess. I've finished today's practice for the recital," replied Concert.

"Wonderful!" exclaimed Petal, a little more enthusiastically than you'd expect. "See you later!"

"Later," replied Concert, and placed the phone down. "Mom, can I go round to Petal's?" she asked her mother.

"Okay, honey, but don't be back too late," replied her mother. So Concert left, and made her way to Petal's home... unaware of what she was resigning herself to.

Ten minutes later, Petal heard the doorbell ring. She opened the door to see Concert. "Hey there, Concert! Do come in," Petal told her eagerly.

"So, what are we going to do?" asked Concert.

"Um..." said Petal, before she put the gloves back on, and rushed into her room, coming out with the cursed plushie from the day before. "Let's play 'get the doll'!"

Before Concert could comment on how she had "never played that game before", Petal threw the toy into an open cupboard. Concert shrugged, and ran into the cupboard. But no sooner was she in the small space than she heard the door slam shut behind her.

"Petal?" she asked, nervously, and tried to open the door, only to discover it was locked. "A-am I supposed to find the doll to get out? Because it's here," she added, picking up the plushie... before she got a bright flash of light to the face.

"What... was that?" she murmured, placing a hoof to her head. She then realised her hoof felt softer. The feeling then spread further up her leg. Much to her shock, she discovered she was able to bend it any way she wanted, and it would revert back to its straight position. What was even more horrifying was that the action caused no pain.

She held a hoof to her pink mane to discover that it seemed to be fusing together. It felt to be made of the same stuff that her legs were becoming, followed by her torso. She felt a strange feeling in her flank. It felt as if her cutie mark was raising into its own shape. Funnily enough... that was exactly what was happening. There was a piece of fabric made to look like piano keys attached to her.

"Petal, what's going on?! This isn't funny!" Concert wailed, and pounded on the door... well, rather, what would be considered pounding, if her hooves weren't soft and squishy. It was then that she felt her insides becoming softer. Like fluff, somehow. It felt somewhat pleasurable, but that didn't help Concert's terror at what was happening.

She then noticed that the door in front of her seemed to be growing taller. Along with the rest of the room. It was at that moment that she realised that rather than her surroundings growing, she was shrinking.

The adrenaline of all these changes rushed to her head, and she passed out...

Concert awoke a few minutes later. She was still in the cupboard, lying down on her side, it seemed. She noticed that the door seemed to be as tall as the school building. She then remembered the previous events. Her body going through lots of changes, and one of those changes being shrinking. She made a rough estimate that she was just seven inches tall now.

She tried to get up from the floor, but she couldn't move for some reason. Her limbs were still there, she could still feel them... but regardless of how hard she tried, she couldn't move.

The door suddenly opened, and Petal walked in, who seemed like a giantess. Concert tried to ask what in Equestria was going on, but she couldn't speak. Petal effortlessly picked Concert up with one hoof, and took her out of the cupboard and into the bathroom, where Petal propped Concert onto a shelf under a mirror.

"How do you like it? You even got to keep your cutie mark!" said Petal.

In the mirror, Concert was looking at a plush doll that was made to look like a blue unicorn filly with a pink mane and tail. It had hazel eyes, and a cutie mark of piano keys. Coincidentally, that was a spot-on description of Concert's usual physical appearance.

Concert was a plushie.

She was in utter shock and confusion. How could this be happening? Why would her own friend cause this? To anypony else, she just looked like an ordinary doll, but she was screaming in her head.

As Petal reached out to pick her up, Concert wanted to scream and cry out, "I'M NOT A STUFFED TOY!", but she still couldn't speak or move. She was just helpless to do anything as Petal carried the new plushie to her bedroom.

Concert was placed in front of Petal's stuffed toys. "Now, everyone, I'd like you to meet Blue Concert!" she told them. She picked up Concert and looked at her.

"Don't take this too hard," she said. "I just wanted to spend some time with you."

Concert then realised. She had been neglecting her friendship. Ever since she had received her cutie mark, she had been obsessing over playing the piano. She hadn't even made an effort to speak with Petal for weeks.

"Now be good and I'll change you back," said Petal. How do I reverse this? Petal thought to herself. Oh, I'll figure that out. Now's the time for fun. She then held Concert in one hoof and two of her other stuffed toys in the other. "Now, everyone, shall we play?"
Edited by Blue Eclipse
  • Brohoof 5

*Comment* ... :P

Hehe, anyways, I thought it was great! The writing was well done IMO (better than what i could do that's for sure), and I like the whole doll thing. Pretty creepy if you ask me (and I like creepy ... well, sometimes anyways). :D

*Comment* ... :P

Hehe, anyways, I thought it was great! The writing was well done IMO (better than what i could do that's for sure), and I like the whole doll thing. Pretty creepy if you ask me (and I like creepy ... well, sometimes anyways). :D

Well, I needed some way to vent my obsession with ponies becoming plushies!

(Am I the only one?)

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

This was a pretty good read, I quite enjoyed it and would like to see more of these. The whole pony turning into a plushie thing is a different concept that I actually like a lot, good job.