Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Requium

Demirari

Gentle Secret felt a small sign of relief as the room's temperature rises. Shaking her head; Gentle Secret didn't need any more blankets. The question now was who is the ponies in this room, especially the others and the guard themselves. Then her thoughts were removed as another pony, an earth pony came in after the pegasus.

"Greetings, I do hope you four are ready… it is the shame the others aren't as of yet," then the stallion walked around the table, circling the ponies in the center before stopping at the end of the table farthest from the door.

Then a screen flickered on a nearby wall as the earth pony seated himself. Bringing out a large file, he spoke calmly, "I am the Director of the Liberty Agency, which is where you are all are as of now. You four may have 'large' questions as of now," he paused a bit before continuing, "I will be glad to answer them."

It may seem too early, but four of the eight that are awake is… enough. The others could easily be debriefed by the Director's co-director or the Minister of the Agency. For now, it would be best not to keep the awaken waiting.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Demirari

Atlas was ready to blow his lid. 

"Now listen here!" He stood up out of chair pushing it back. "I don't plan to do anything for you without a good reason or you can shove it up your flank! Just give me my gear and everything in it then show me the way out. I've got ponies to see and places to be! And let me just say with you treating me the way you have with your goons it ain't doing you any favors!" He was half expecting to get a club in the back of his but stayed firm. He had a trump card to get out of this but he won't play it until he heard what this big wig had to say.

@@Demirari,@,

"Sit down, dude! Just listen, we're here for a reason. We should at least hear them out before we try to leave." Midnight said, not taking his eyes off the screen. "The Liberty Agency? What's that?" Midnight asked, leaning his head to the left a little. "Celestia isn't in power anymore, is she?"

@,@,  

The Director only smirked as he nodded his head, "It appears that you had been chosen when the Republic was in its infancy during the Civil War," then he sighed as he leaned back against his office chair a bit. Then the screen suddenly flickered to a different image, it showcased a small A.I. chip that seemed to be a perfect square. Then the Director spoke, "The reason why we had released you all is to retrieve this A.I. chip. Now, what does this chip possess you may ask, well it possess many things."

The image changed to a different image revealing a small underground cavern and a strange item on the ground. The Director continued, "The chip holds many information that the Republic would rather not release to everypony. It holds information of weaponry, the past, and some external things..." Then the Director left it as that before continuing, "The chip could affect millions of ponies and it is the most importance to the Republic and this Agency to retrieve the chip.

"Now, what is the Liberty Agency," the Director smiled as the image changed to the olive branch of peace and a shield behind it, "freedom comes with a price and freedom must be guarded. That is the Liberty Agency's purpose."

"So... while we were frozen, a massive civil war occurred, huh? It seems like something like that would happen. What happened to the princesses?" Midnight asked, observing the olive branch. "And, well... how did that chip get there? I mean, if its so important, I would assume there would be massive amounts of security, yes?"

@@Demirari

"You still haven't given my answer and what do you mean chosen?" He was intrigued by this but he wouldn't show it. "And what do we have to do with this? If you want to get this chip just send one of your strike teams. Personally, I don't care about this. I pay my taxes and I already do some work for the government by getting stuff they're to scared to. Now do me a favor and show me the exit before I go complaining to one of my friends in Canterlot" He slammed his hoof on the table. "I'm no thug for the government nor do I plan to become one. I also don't have the urge to go shoot up ponies for some chip that you should have kept a better hold on" He remained forceful but was interested. If this chip was so important he would do his part to get it but he didn't quite trust this pony behind a camera in a unknown location.

@,

"Your friends in Canterlot?" Director's face grew stern, "they have no power in such situations as these. Canterlot's power in such actual issues are in all accounts useless. The Consilium had made its decisions to form such group, and you will or you will be branded as the enemy of the state." The Director made sure to keep it as blunt as possible as the screen flickered to a large chamber filled with ponies. That was the Consilium, the actual head of the government; Canterlot is, but a former shadow of what it once held.

Then the screen again flickered to a moderately sized force of 100 ponies around a small crate. The Direction coughed a bit before continuing, "That was our force, the 18th Company equipped with the best of the best we could offer that was proven worthy. None of them survived with the chip losing signal ten seconds after the company's last message was sent. We did offer a good amount of protection. Though it appears that the enemy had outsmarted the company and wiped them out before any organization could be arranged. 

@@Demirari

Atlas thought a moment. "I knew the government would take another's freedoms and rights away with the clap of their hooves but I never thought they would stoop so low as to blackmail their own citizens to do their dirty work" He gave a look of pure disgust. "This land is hailed for it's fair courts and freedom and now at least we here know that is just propaganda. You probably control every single pony within it's borders and wouldn't think twice about throwing another's life away becasue you failed at your job. I'm going to do whatever you say only to get out of here and keep these "secrets" safe which are probably information about your injustices and crimes against the public, do what you're ponies can't, then go live in some other country that doesn't kidnap others do what they should do themselves, that is if you don't shoot me in the back of the head first. I hope you choke on your precious chip" If he could Atlas would have spat onto the director's hooves. Atlas sat back down with a frown. "Get talking cause you've got me listening"

@,@@Demirari,

"We've been frozen for years. This isn't the government you're used to anymore." Midnight said, looking at the screen again. "So, they just... disappeared? With the chip? Like that? Do you have any idea what happened?" He was starting to understand, but still didn't really know what had happened to Equestria.

Hazmat laid back and watched the three mingle. He still didn't want to interfere (cuz I completely forgot about this RP since I haven't done one of these in oblivion.) with them. Change in government. Of course. Everything changes in years. It's like going from one country to another. But you stay in this one permanently. All you have to do is adapted.

@,@, @,

The Director only shook his head, "the Consilium members are all elected by the ponies, you have to understand that the Consilium, the actual seat of power is belonged to the Consilium." Then he nodded at the blackmailing part. It wasn't really the government that was blackmailing the citizens, it was the Liberty Agency. It was sort of handing out the responsibility to the more capable force that could secure the objective while disregarding the rules. A loop one could say.

"Any intel we had so far gathered had been rather useless; they offer absolutely nothing to our mission at whole. One thing; however the clues had always pinpointed to a force that was better equipped than the guards." The screen flickered to a large city as the Director finished.

"A force that is more powerful than the guards. Could it be that the guards were outnumbered and with the massive collective firepower... eliminated the defensive force without any response?" Gentle Secret added in her thoughts.

The Director shook his head, "if they were simply outnumbering the guards and were holding inferior weaponry, the shields should had stopped the firepower long enough to engage in a firefight." It was true, most modern day weaponry would have trouble penetrating and destroying the shields the guards were carrying. It wasn't simply due to inferior equipment of course; the shields were boosted 200%. 

Silver woke up with a headache. After a few moments he came to his senses and realized he was unarmed and extremely cold.Silver noticed the other pods and realized he was not alone. He looked towards a heavily armed guard. "Where am I?" He asked, looking around the room.

@@Dargent

"Liberty Agency," the guard only grunted before motioning for the officer to come and inspect the awaken captive. 

"Good evening, any issues?" the officer spoke bluntly as he cast a disinterested look. While the officer was giving what appears to be an uncaring facial mask, he was in heart very glad. To him that means the mission and go on faster and with a higher chance of success. Though the other three.. they don't seem to be going to be awakening any time soon. 

----

"I'm hoping that you four know of your current purpose to the Liberty Agency, correct me if I'm wrong," the Director motioned for the four to speak up.

@@Demirari,

"Yes, yes. I believe so. The Liberty Agency protects freedom, yes? Sorry for the slow response... but my mind is still thawing out of its frozen state. "And you want us to go and retrieve this chip for you. But, erm... why us? I'm a scientist. I have no real combat skills. Well, you know, except for a few spells here and there. Quite a lot, actually."

"Why? Of course why!" The Director suddenly spoke with more emotions, "Dr. Calculations had written up an equation that… chose you eight." The screen flickered to a moderately-handsome stallion as the Director finished. Then faster than a blink of an eye, the Director returned to his calm posture again.

Then a pony moved up to the Director and laid a small letter before disappearing. Seemingly to read it, the Director discarded the letter into his folder he had at his side. Whatever the letter was, it only was known by the writer and sole reader.

@@Demirari,

"Dr. Calculations? Ummm... what kind of name is that? Sounds pretty phony to me. Anyways, are we going to do anything? There is a chip we need to retrieve! Are we waiting for the others or something? Looks to me like they are going to be taking quite a long nap." He shrugged.

@@,@@Dargent, @,  

"Well? Are you going to get up from your pod or would you prefer to take another few years worth of nap?" The Officer tapped his baton against the metal casing of the freezing pod.

----

"Dr. Calculations is more of a nickname that the stallion had earned over the years," the Director replied before nodding his head, "We're be departing shortly, it appears that the others are taking a bit longer than usual. Concerning, but nonetheless, the mission needs to continue regardless of their participation in this endeavor." Then the Director got up before walking toward a wall, right before it seemed like he was going to collide with the wall, it opened up revealing a large wall way. 

"Do please follow, we are wasting enough time," the Director waited for the four to follow him.

@@Demirari

"Sure thing, Mr. Director" Atlas's response oozed with disdain. He got out of his seat and walked in front of the director keeping a watchful eye on the guards.

Only clubs. A few of these ponies have to have real weapons. Once I get those I can get out.

Atlas stopped in front of the director. "Where you taken us now?" He ended the question by spitting on the director's hoof.

Silver got out of his pod and looked toward the guard.The guard looked well armored, too strong to take down quickly.Silver surveyed the room more carefully and realized there were no windows to escape out of, it didn't matter anyways, as his wings were coated in a thin sheet of ice.The guard interrupted his thoughts."Err, yes lead the way." he answered, while looking for any ways out.

(edited)

@@Dargent, @,

The Director stared at his hoof for a bit before looking up, "Ah yes. I'm leading you folks to your rooms before other events can… take place." The Director emphasized on "other events," before continuing on, his movement showing a little amount of annoyance.

Gentle Secret followed along, thinking of many things. With the action of one of her fellow captives coming to thought as she followed the Director. Then she moved to the stallion that had spit upon the mysterious Director, "Maybe you should stop pressing the Director's buttons." She wasn't sure if the stallion was trying or acting out his normal personality… though both to her seemed very risky.

----

"Good," the Officer motioned for the same guard forward before redirecting him to face an exit. Then the Officer turned to the Pegasus once more, "Please follow the guard, all will be explained soon enough." Then the Officer moved away to inspect the other pods as the guard started moving.

(So, I'm thinking of opening up the RP to get more people in. Since three others are doing other things. Watcha guys think?)

Edited by Demirari

@@Demirari

"Oh, I plan to push all his buttons and make this as uncomfortable as possible for him short of killing him" He responded in a hushed tone as for the director not to hear. 

"Tell me is you see any guards armed with guns. I'm going to get us all out of here one way or another" He smirked a little as he thought up the rest of his plan.

"Follow me and I can get us out of here. I can get you somewhere safe, out of the Liberty Agency's reach, after we get out. They must not have studied my record very well if they think I plan to go easy"

(Why not let more people in? I don't plan to actually escape or anything and if I do attempt it I'll make it fail on purpose)

(edited)

@@Demirari @

Other events. Boy this gets better and better.

Hazmat followed behind the group, looking around and about. Then the pony in front spoke in a hush tine. His ears flip to him. Escape? Really?... really? He kept speaking.

How the hell are we gonna find guards take their weaponry and go? They are trained in combat. This won't work! "Patience." Hazmat spoke in his deep accent in the same hushed tone. "Don't try anything stupid."

(Imma try to see if i can't stop him. X3 if there is anything wrong with my wording, don't blame me, on phone and not use to writing like this.)

Edited by Wolframite

(edited)

@,@,  

Gentle Secret only nodded at the words the other captives spoke before she increased her pace to match the already faraway Director that was moving without looking back. It was probably due to the guards behind the captives and the uncountable amounts of security cameras pointing at them. It was as if extreme paranoia had taken place as the Director stopped in front of a massive gate before turning around, waiting for them to catch up. Such grandeur and security unnerved Gentle Secret some-what, but she hid it in the depths of her mind.

(I'll open the OOC again tomorrow.)

Edited by Demirari