Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some people hate Rainbow Dash?

RainbowDashCool

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Anyone with any semblance of talent or intelligence can take a page from her struggle with confidence. It is actually a trait you see to varying degrees with other characters too. Rarity, AJ, and Twilight are certainly over-confident at times. 

When you think about it, there are reasons to hate every character of the show for their flaws. Rainbow Dash is egotistic sometimes, Twilight is ignorant, Rarity is over-confident, Applejack is almost as egotistic as Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie sometimes doesn't know when to be serious, and Fluttershy is too shy for her own good. Doesn't mean you should hate a character just because they express those flaws. It's like hating someone just because you don't like something that they like. For example, I love hardcore metal while others may hate the growling, intensity, and overall abrasiveness of the music.

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

And if they better not use the "she didn't take her development at heart" card. First, she has shown it, but they get ignored. Second, Dashie has been pretty disliked by these parts of the fandom since times of yore :dash:

She has developed over the seasons though. That's what some people just like to ignore. She isn't always as ignorant and over confident as she was in the earlier seasons. That is what I don't understand when people just seem to ignore that fact.

• Brohoof 3

I used to dislike Rainbow Dash, back in the first half of Season 1. It wasn't so much the ego I disliked, but how she seemed a little too "in your face" about it. But after watching Sonic Rainboom, I realized that there is much more to her character than her ego. It didn't take long for me to like her and all of the Mane Six. 

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

Haha, thanks. ;)

No but seriously, that is one of the biggest reasons I like Rainbow Dash so much. Not that she is just so cute but that she is arrogant. She reminds me a lot of myself sometimes since I can become very arrogant in certain situations.

She has shown that she will put her friends ahead of herself. Sometimes she needs to be reminded of what’s important though.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Many people can't stand her arrogance. I don't hate her but I don't like her too much either.

Edited by COH

I use to hate her when I first started watching the show. She has her good moments but I still don't like her as much as the other characters.

It's mainly because of how selfish, arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical and whiny she is. 

My favorite has always been (and always will be) Twilight Sparkle, but I don't "hate" any characters. When we had the small but vocal "Twilicorn" hate faction a few years back. I didn't really care. True Rainbow can be a bit brash and abrasive, but her personality is still one I would befriend as a real life person. I would advise not taking haters to heart. Like the characters you like, and don't worry about what others think.

I love the feisty braggart!

rainbow_dash__10_seconds_flat__by_ramsoccer3792-d5wg9qp.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...