Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shooting with Anala (1x1 between Rainbow Eclipse and FortyTwo42)

Rainbow Eclipse

@@FortyTwo42,

Anala realised that she had neglected to mention her last name when she had first introduced herself to Aero, as she did in most case. "I'm Miss Elderberry," she confirmed. "Anala Elderberry. Who is currently wondering if Riley Blythe will show up for the quiz."

"A meteorologist?" restated Brutus. "Awesome!" He began singing a rock song about meteors.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

When Anala said she was Miss Elderberry, all Aero could do was quietly say 'oh,' and avert eye contact for a moment. He felt quite embarrassed about not knowing his friend's last name. He eventually also added 'sorry.'

When Brutus began singing a song about meteors, the only thing Aero thought about was that Brutus, like most ponies he's spoken to, assumed meteorology is about meteors. Aero waited for Brutus to finish his song, then stated 'Actually, meteorology has almost nothing to do with meteors. It isn't the study of meteors, it's the study of weather.'

The song gave enough time for the awkwardness Aero felt from not knowing Anala's last name to end. He turned to her and asked 'So who do I talk to to order something to drink?'

@@FortyTwo42,

"Don't be," said Anala in response to Aero's apology. "I never told you my last name."

When Aero explained to Brutus about meteorology, the buff pony did the only thing he could think of. That being, pump his hoof in the air and proclaim "Awesome!"

To tend to Aero's enquiry about how to get a drink, Anala pointed to the stallion behind the bar. "Talk to Bailey there," she replied. "And you might wanna mention it's your first time drinking. He might have some suggestions on what to have," she added thoughtfully.

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

'Okay. I'll be sure to mention that,' Aero replied. He then looked to Bailey. 'Excuse me, Bailey? I'd like to order a drink. So, uh... This is actually the first time I've been drinking, so what do you recommend?' As he waited for a response, Aero reached into his saddlebags, preparing some bits to pay for his drink.

(edited)

@@FortyTwo42,

Bailey turned to look at Aero. "Vell, I'd recommend cider for a first-timer, but zere are plenty more factors to consider," he said in his Germane accent.

He poured some cider into a mug. "Mix your drink vith something else, such as vater or juice." He poured some apple juice into the mug. "Try to keep ze amount you drink to a minimum." He placed the mug on the counter. "Two Bits, please."

He chuckled, and added jokingly, "Zat's for ze cider. The tips I gave you are a promotional offer to first-timers."

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

• 1 month later...

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

'Wait, so it usually costs money to ask for advice?' Aero asked, with complete sincerity. He got two bits from his saddlebag and put them on the counter while waiting for his reply. 'Well, thanks anyway for the advice. Did you already mix the juice into the cider?'

@@FortyTwo42,

"Yes, zat's already taken care of, friend," Bailey went on, taking the Bits. "And I vas only joking about ze promotional offer. Advice is alvays free vhen you perch your rear on one of zese bar stools," he said with a smile.

The piano song drew to a close, and Clavier, the pianist, walked over to the group. "Hey fellas, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. You're Aero Wind, right?" he said, turning to the green stallion.

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Right, it was a joke. In hindsight it seemed so obvious, but Aero still ended up missing it in the moment. Maybe this... 'different' atmosphere is really getting to him. Anyway, it's probably best to try to be as normal as possible.

'Alright,' Aero replied. 'Thanks for your help.' Aero reached for the mug, but before his hoof reached it, he was interrupted by someone.

'You're Aero Wind, right?'

Aero turned to face the new pony who addressed him. Strange that he knew his name when Aero didn't know him at all. 'Yes, I'm Aero Wind. Sorry, do I know you?'

@@FortyTwo42,

"Oh, where are my manners?" said Clavier. "Clavier. Nice to meet you. See, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Seemed interesting. It's not often we get a meteorologist in here," he said.

'I hope that didn't seem too rude or abrupt. One of the few times I join in socially, and I screw up?'

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Aero perked up at the mention of his profession. 'Oh, are you interested in meteorology too?!'

As he asked his question, he noticed the empty piano seat behind Clavier. It wasn't hard to make the connection. 'Are you the pianist? That was a lovely song you were playing earlier.'

@@FortyTwo42,

"Yep. Pianist for The Worn Saddle," he said proudly.

"Am I interested in meteorology too?" he restated. He rubbed a hoof behind the back of his head. "Uh... sorry, buddy. Can't say that I am all that much," he admitted. "Being a meteorologist sounded interesting, is all."

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

While talking, Aero picked up the mug he left on the counter, and began taking sips from it.

'Don't worry about it,' Aero replied. 'I've realized a long time ago that very few ponies are as interested in meteorology as I am. I can go on and on and on about the weather, so If I start rambling about it, feel free to stop me!'

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Aero mimicked Anala's expression perfectly, looking at Riley blankly and blinking. 'Hey, Riley! What a surprise! Good to see you! I didn't know you drink too!'

Aero looked around and noted that for Riley to be where he was standing, he was probably here all along. 'Yeah, just when did you get here? Were you here when I came in?'

@@FortyTwo42,

"Oh, not all that long ago," answered Riley, perching his fuzzy rear on a stool next to his friends. "Hey, did you guys know that I helped Bailey write tonight's quiz?" he went on. "I knew you like science, Aero, so I was sure to throw some science-y questions in there."