open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

@@Samurai Equine,@, ((Sorry, guys))

(Sorry for what? :) No personal harm done that I can see, as far as I know.)

Samurai listens to Oni's answer, then looks over in Mason's direction. "I should ask. I'm sure Mason has a riveting answer that I'd love to hear..." Samurai pauses for a minute, then looks away. "But I've decided to put my pride aside and trust Mason, to a degree. Mason is sensitive, but he's not stupid. Whatever he is planning, he has good reason to do it. And besides, I have my own mission to think about first..." Samurai says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Shogun watches a very curious scene play out involving an interesting stranger.

"...Curious. Lord Avaerus, who was that? Does this have any bearing on my orders?" Shogun asks.

Edited by Samurai Equine

(Btw, Syuren imparted some very important information to kierro before losing consciousness. Might be good to have Kierro tell Mason before he departs :))

Lorec:

" Take care of him."

Lorec nodded, and sheathed his sword on his back. He noticed Havoc picking up his armor. It was impressive, how much weight he wore. It must've been for constant training.... Or... Was it to keep his opponents safe from what was underneath? After, he didn't demonstrate that power before the armor came off, and it's only common sense to rid one's self of something that impedes if the situation calls for it. Either way, what truly peaked Lorec's interest was not the armor or the true potential. It was the scars. They were symmetrical, almost as if they were self-inflicted, or quite potentially even inflicted sadistically by someone else. He walked toward Havoc, with a questioning stare upon his gait.

______

Lorec:

" Self-harm, or something more sinister... Also, you're name. I'd like to know."

_________

Lorec would understand if he wasn't willing to talk to him yet. He looked as honor-bound as Lorec, quite possibly even more so. That, and the fact that he had proven nothing to Havoc quite yet, while Havoc's own power impressed Lorec.

Havoc put hid helmet on tightly before he began to cover up his scars with his heavy chest plate. Femi answered Lorec's question, knowing that Havoc would not. "A pet name given to him by Mason. Not all members of the Yokai Seven are volunteers. He no longer has a true name. As for the armor, it contains his power inside of him. He pushes his body to the most extreme limits in his training, thus he has more energy than his discipline allows him to freely control. Wearing the armor protects those around him from himself."

Havoc's armor was completely applied aside from his leg and arm guards which were still somewhere outside the town. He surprised Femi by suddenly speaking for himself. "The scars are self inflicted. Half. Every time I get stronger, I try my strength against Mason, hoping that I am finally strong enough to kill him; but every time I think I've become stronger than him, he shows more of his power. Every time he gives me a scar on one side of my body, I create a symmetrical scar on the other." He clenched his fist.

Roto slipped away from Mason's company, limping into the Everfree on his three usable legs. He made his way to Alrahm. It was quite easy to locate the unique stallion. "Please... I can wait no longer!" He said as he started to hunch over. "The battle is over... We have time now... Please, heal me, now! Clean the infection!"

Edited by Literally Snails

Havoc put hid helmet on tightly before he began to cover up his scars with his heavy chest plate. Femi answered Lorec's question, knowing that Havoc would not. "A pet name given to him by Mason. Not all members of the Yokai Seven are volunteers. He no longer has a true name. As for the armor, it contains his power inside of him. He pushes his body to the most extreme limits in his training, thus he has more energy than his discipline allows him to freely control. Wearing the armor protects those around him from himself."

Havoc's armor was completely applied aside from his leg and arm guards which were still somewhere outside the town. He surprised Femi by suddenly speaking for himself. "The scars are self inflicted. Half. Every time I get stronger, I try my strength against Mason, hoping that I am finally strong enough to kill him; but every time I think I've become stronger than him, he shows more of his power. Every time he gives me a scar on one side of my body, I create a symmetrical scar on the other." He clenched his fist.

Roto slipped away from Mason's company, limping into the Everfree on his three usable legs. He made his way to Alrahm. It was quite easy to locate the unique stallion. "Please... I can wait no longer!" He said as he started to hunch over. "The battle is over... We have time now... Please, heal me, now! Clean the infection!"

Lorec's left eye twitched slightly, a sign of disgust. Other than that, his face maintained its usual stoic state. This Minotaur, a slave? As powerful as he was? Then..... What was the true scope of Mason's power. He reimagined Havoc's scars. They told a story of constant struggle, hatred, trial and error, and were a constant reminder of failures. Lorec's were from past deeds, mostly victories and successful hunts. Of course, the many scars on his back, remnants of arrows, along with a nasty, jagged scar going from his right shoulder to his left thigh were representative of his own greatest failure. Lorec had been to hell once, and came out changed. Havoc had been on a hellride courtesy of Mason countless times, but still stood resolute. The only thing that havoc had that was greater than his physical prowess, was his strength of mind, at least it seemed to Lorec. For now, there was nothing he could do but nod in understanding, and go about his business. Havoc.... Now that was one who seemed like a worthy adversary. Lorec spoke to havoc, in a booming voice before addressing samurai equine. He spoke words from his own dialect mixed with english. He didn't know if Havoc would understand, but prehaps he could understand the intention. It was praise. Something Havoc may have never known.

_____

Lorec:

" Havoc... Maktiga Krigare Av Vae.... Surely, you will be eine Funsche av segern!

( Maktiga Krigare Av Vae= Mighty warrior of woe. Eine Funsche av segern= a prince of victory. Bonus points for guessing the major language!)

He contemplated on what Femi said. If that were true, then who else was slave, and who else was volunteer?

----------------( the everfree forest)-----------

Alrahm sighed. Tapped an acolyte on the shoulder, and gave orders.

______

" you, take charge and lead the exodus the old castle of the sun and moon. I have a promise to make good on.

_______

The acolyte, a unicorn, nodded and ran towards the front of the massive crowd, struggling to make its way to its destination.

________

Alrahm:

" very well. Roto, follow me. I am warning you, this will be so painful, that you will have wished that kazas hadn't an ounce of mercy before the cataclysm. If it becomes to much, say the word, and I can euthanize you painlessly."

______

Alrahm veered away from the crowd, to the right, into the dark forest. Hopefully, no one would hear Roto's screams when the healing process began.

(Sorry for what? :) No personal harm done that I can see, as far as I know.)

Samurai listens to Oni's answer, then looks over in Mason's direction. "I should ask. I'm sure Mason has a riveting answer that I'd love to hear..." Samurai pauses for a minute, then looks away. "But I've decided to put my pride aside and trust Mason, to a degree. Mason is sensitive, but he's not stupid. Whatever he is planning, he has good reason to do it. And besides, I have my own mission to think about first..." Samurai says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Shogun watches a very curious scene play out involving an interesting stranger.

"...Curious. Lord Avaerus, who was that? Does this have any bearing on my orders?" Shogun asks.

--------------( canterlot)---------

Avaerus answered.

_______

Avaerus:

" No.... But hold off on ambushing them. It seems as though Zephrael was successful in breaking away from the chosen. As for the one we saw.... Do not worry. Nothing but a stray, independent variable. I will have another use for you, soon enough.

________

--------------(ponyville)---------

Lorec walked toward samurai equine, noticing his injury.

______

Lorec:

" Samurai.... You're hurt... Is it where kazas struck you...?"

Lorec walked toward samurai equine, noticing his injury.

______

Lorec:

" Samurai.... You're hurt... Is it where kazas struck you...?"

Samurai sees Lorec once more. "Hmm? Oh, my injured rib? I almost forgot about it... I'm surprised I didn't over exert myself when I was with Syuren-san. He really did more than me... It doesn't matter. Let's do some last minute damage control then head to the forest. We want to make sure Ponyville is fully evacuated. I'll deal with my injuries later." Samurai says before walking off.

Later, in the Everfree Forest... (Edited upon request)

Everyone is gathered. The 4 Kurokos under Samurai's order are passing out rations. The scraps of food they found really are not much. Under normal circumstances, they'd be more like the snacks you find at a party. But considering the situation, they really are more like war rations. Very few to go around. Only enough to share anyone who needs it most and any of the champions who still wish to fight against Avaerus and Zephrael. Samurai didn't need any because he had some food moments before the previous battle.

"I suppose we should discussion our next plan of action. I wanted to help, but it seems I still need to get stronger... My mission is to avenge the fallen Princesses, but in order to do that, I need to find a primordial divine and tame it. I have one in mind, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it on my own. But I get the impression that we all have our own ideas about how we should proceed..." Samurai says.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@

Havoc finished his armor and looked at Lorec, it was no longer possible to read his facial expression, and his body language was always the same. He began to walk away, leaving Femi and Lorec behind.

Kierro approached Mason very close by with Seryun still on his back. "Are we to follow them?" He asked.

"Not you. You, Femi and Oni are to stay here and wait for our forces to gather. Femi will be able to communicate with us, you are my strongest underling... And I don't think it would be wise to bring Oni along with me. Keep an eye on him." Mason started to walk away, but turned around to say one last thing before walking off. "Oh, and drop the dead weight."

Kierro slowly walked over to Lorec and allowed Seryun to gently roll off his shoulder and lay in front of Lorec, clearly taking great care to be gentle. "Let him know that I didn't touch him only because he was unconscious," Kierro said to Lorec. "And when he wakes up, ask him something about the Primal Soul. It was he talked about before he went out."

Roto nodded softly, a bead of sweat trickling down his brow. No one would be happy with such a promise of pain. He limped behind Alrahm into the forest.

@

Havoc finished his armor and looked at Lorec, it was no longer possible to read his facial expression, and his body language was always the same. He began to walk away, leaving Femi and Lorec behind.

Kierro approached Mason very close by with Seryun still on his back. "Are we to follow them?" He asked.

"Not you. You, Femi and Oni are to stay here and wait for our forces to gather. Femi will be able to communicate with us, you are my strongest underling... And I don't think it would be wise to bring Oni along with me. Keep an eye on him." Mason started to walk away, but turned around to say one last thing before walking off. "Oh, and drop the dead weight."

Kierro slowly walked over to Lorec and allowed Seryun to gently roll off his shoulder and lay in front of Lorec, clearly taking great care to be gentle. "Let him know that I didn't touch him only because he was unconscious," Kierro said to Lorec. "And when he wakes up, ask him something about the Primal Soul. It was he talked about before he went out."

Roto nodded softly, a bead of sweat trickling down his brow. No one would be happy with such a promise of pain. He limped behind Alrahm into the forest.

Lorec took syuren in his arms. Compared to Lorec, Syuren looked as though he really were a toddler. He looked at Kierro.

Syuren should have kept his mouth shut. But of course, since Zephrael was like Lorec, Syuren, and the rest of his group, Lorec would explain briefly, with a few words.

_______

Lorec:

" The souls of the primal divines. Zephrael is surely a pheonix knight like Kazas. And from the looks of it, he's what we would call an awakened keeper. All of us are at stage two of the power. Kazas, after he lost himself, has advanced to what Alrahm has researched as stage four. Zephrael is at least stage five out of the seven. That's all I know. Want more information, go get Alrahm. As for Syuren here...."

Lorec smiled almost deviously.

" you've given me an idea for a joke."

---------------------------(in the everfree)----------

Alrahm was leading Roto to a secluded spot. He spoke as he did so in a brash manner.

____

Alrahm:

" Do not mistake this offer of mine for kindness. I am simply doing this because it is what Kazas would have done, and this is my way of honoring his values before I officially take charge as the leader of our order. I lead by logic and reason, not by emotion. I should leave you for dead, considering that stunt you pulled during the tournement. But then again, your silver tongue could be useful. Now, give me your hoof. This might be an enlightening experience for you."

Alrahm's horn started to glow, and caps popped off of multiple flasks around his waist. Water, pure and clear, started to flow out. Instead of spilling, it seemed to float in the air, courtesy of Alrahm, the Hydro/Cryomancer.

As he did so, he answered Samurai's statement.

Samurai sees Lorec once more. "Hmm? Oh, my injured rib? I almost forgot about it... I'm surprised I didn't over exert myself when I was with Syuren-san. He really did more than me... It doesn't matter. Let's do some last minute damage control then head to the forest. We want to make sure Ponyville is fully evacuated. I'll deal with my injuries later." Samurai says before walking off.

Later, in the Everfree Forest... (Edited upon request)

Everyone is gathered. The 4 Kurokos under Samurai's order are passing out rations. The scraps of food they found really are not much. Under normal circumstances, they'd be more like the snacks you find at a party. But considering the situation, they really are more like war rations. Very few to go around. Only enough to share anyone who needs it most and any of the champions who still wish to fight against Avaerus and Zephrael. Samurai didn't need any because he had some food moments before the previous battle.

"I suppose we should discussion our next plan of action. I wanted to help, but it seems I still need to get stronger... My mission is to avenge the fallen Princesses, but in order to do that, I need to find a primordial divine and tame it. I have one in mind, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it on my own. But I get the impression that we all have our own ideas about how we should proceed..." Samurai says.

Alrahm spoke to samurai as he prepped to help Roto.

____

Alrahm:

" The plan that I initially formed had us retreating to the old fortress of the sun and moon, the first home of the princesses before the night of Lunacy. It is quite large and spacious. The area around it can be used as a makeshift camp. I know that we have at least 2000

Acolytes, potentially a couple hundred of demons, and an unknown number of royal guard. Probably in the thousands, and hopefully so. My plan, from there on, was to travel from our base of operations to different lands, gathering armies from different countries of origin. I do not believe that the mind-bent that we saw are the only ones. Many other lands have been hit. Kazas, in his last act of free will, tossed away his sword. With it, an enchanted necklace given to the Avian empire's ambassadors to allow quick access to home. Before Kazas was taken, he yelled four words. Black, Fire, Griffon, and empire. He gave us a short cut to the griffon lands. The necklace can create a portal, specifically to Kazas's home village. He wants us to find someone... Terminan of the darkflame. The last generation's pheonix knight. Kazas also was wanting us to gather whatever must be left of the griffonic army. After all, griffons are skilled fighters. They would be a great boost to our existing forces and to morale."

Alrahm then addressed samurai's want of the primordial divine.

______

Alrahm:

" Sirrah, one simply just doesn't kill a primordial divine. Do you even have the slightest idea of their power? Us of the order can only show you so much, samurai, because we haven't fully matured as keepers yet. We've never had to until now. Mortals were never meant to have our power, and it shows when our bodies are stressed to their limits. We have their souls, but not their bodies. Besides, what kind of divine are you even after? And If you were to obtain it... Could you even handle it? It's not just our bodies that are stressed... It could change you forever. It certainly did change me."

• Brohoof 1

Alrahm was leading Roto to a secluded spot. He spoke as he did so in a brash manner.

____

Alrahm:

" Do not mistake this offer of mine for kindness. I am simply doing this because it is what Kazas would have done, and this is my way of honoring his values before I officially take charge as the leader of our order. I lead by logic and reason, not by emotion. I should leave you for dead, considering that stunt you pulled during the tournement. But then again, your silver tongue could be useful. Now, give me your hoof. This might be an enlightening experience for you."

Alrahm's horn started to glow, and caps popped off of multiple flasks around his waist. Water, pure and clear, started to flow out. Instead of spilling, it seemed to float in the air, courtesy of Alrahm, the Hydro/Cryomancer.

Roto held out his leg. It shook slightly, and he couldn't stop the shaking if he wanted to. The infection had gotten so bad that he couldn't hold his leg out without shaking it. His eyes were completely shut rather than squinted like they normally were. "Right. You're not going to forgive me, and I'm not even sorry I did it! So start already! We don't have this kind of time!"

Meanwhile, Mason, Havoc and Snowstorm left Ponyville and made their way to the refugees. Femi and Kierro met with Oni deeper inside of the burning town with most of the lower demons with him. Oni was by himself stooping over a pile of ash.

"Mason and the others are splitting up. He left orders with us," Femi explained.

"He doesn't want me to question him," Oni said arrogantly. "He's tired of my words."

"Oh, you're right about that," Kierro said, "But do you honestly think the only demon with more malice than you is going soft? Mason is doing what he is for a reason, and it is not our place to know it."

((If anyone wants to interact with any of these three characters, now is one of your last chances. They're about to be gone for a long time.))

Edited by Literally Snails

"Darkflame? Sounds suspicious..." Samurai comments. Indeed it does. Most people would probably make a Black Knight reference.

Samurai listens to Alrahm explain. He is definitely more strict that Kazas. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time he's worked under a strict and serious mentor. "You know, during the tournament, Kazas-san said some very similar things when he learned I wanted to find a primordial divine, the one famously known as the Dragon Caesar. When I gave him my response, he was more than happy to support me. Although... You do have a point. I have a sword made to kill and imprison the soul of a primordial divine, I have my mission, I have the skill and the drive, but I've never actually seen one these god beasts before. Even you and your friends have more experience in this. I'm just a foreigner chasing after a legend..." Samurai begins.

"...which means, after I capture the Dragon Caesar, I'll have to catch up surpass all of you." Samurai says with a smirk. And the way he says it, you can tell, it's not just empty boasting. He isn't even looking at Alrahm when he says it. He is taking that challenge and making it a personal goal.

((If anyone wants to interact with any of these three characters, now is one of your last chances. They're about to be gone for a long time.))

(I'd love to, but I don't know what to do. :please: )

• Brohoof 1

Roto held out his leg. It shook slightly, and he couldn't stop the shaking if he wanted to. The infection had gotten so bad that he couldn't hold his leg out without shaking it. His eyes were completely shut rather than squinted like they normally were. "Right. You're not going to forgive me, and I'm not even sorry I did it! So start already! We don't have this kind of time!"

Meanwhile, Mason, Havoc and Snowstorm left Ponyville and made their way to the refugees. Femi and Kierro met with Oni deeper inside of the burning town with most of the lower demons with him. Oni was by himself stooping over a pile of ash."Mason and the others are splitting up. He left orders with us," Femi explained."He doesn't want me to question him," Oni said arrogantly. "He's tired of my words.""Oh, you're right about that," Kierro said, "But do you honestly think the only demon with more malice than you is going soft? Mason is doing what he is for a reason, and it is not our place to know it."

((If anyone wants to interact with any of these three characters, now is one of your last chances. They're about to be gone for a long time.))

Alrahm gave roto a hard glare, one that would pierce the very soul of the devil himself, as he began the procedure.

_____

Alrahm:

" I am about to start. Please, try not to scream too loudly. I am old, but not deaf."

________

At that moment, Alrahm had begun the process, levitating the water and gently letting it pour unto Roto's wound. By his magic, the water actually started to force itself into Roto's bloodstream, slowly but surely. It seeped in, and started to cycle through the infected area.

_____

Alrahm:

" By my command; purify."

A strange ethereal glow could be seen eminating from roto's infected hoof, A silvery color. This is the part that would cause undeniable pain In a few moments. The water forcing itself through his veins, combined with the purification effect, would cause the infected blood to essentially be replaced. Of course, it had to go somewhere. The infected blood would be painfully ejected from the wound slowly, until the infection was destroyed..... Or until Roto bled out. Whichever came first, really.

Of course, Alrahm scoffed once more at Samurai's reply.

"Darkflame? Sounds suspicious..." Samurai comments. Indeed it does. Most people would probably make a Black Knight reference.

Samurai listens to Alrahm explain. He is definitely more strict that Kazas. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time he's worked under a strict and serious mentor. "You know, during the tournament, Kazas-san said some very similar things when he learned I wanted to find a primordial divine, the one famously known as the Dragon Caesar. When I gave him my response, he was more than happy to support me. Although... You do have a point. I have a sword made to kill and imprison the soul of a primordial divine, I have my mission, I have the skill and the drive, but I've never actually seen one these god beasts before. Even you and your friends have more experience in this. I'm just a foreigner chasing after a legend..." Samurai begins.

"...which means, after I capture the Dragon Caesar, I'll have to catch up surpass all of you." Samurai says with a smirk. And the way he says it, you can tell, it's not just empty boasting. He isn't even looking at Alrahm when he says it. He is taking that challenge and making it a personal goal.

(I'd love to, but I don't know what to do. :please: )

Alrahm:

" a foreigner chasing a legend? Not quite. You're chasing death, boy. A dragon caeser is on par with, or even surpasses that of a pheonix lord. Do you even know how much raw power such a beast it said to have? Even that Zephrael would probably fall before it's full might, unless he pushed to stage seven, and ended it in a mutual death. And even if you did succeed, it isn't us you should surpass. It's Zephrael you should aim to conquer. But if you really want to start on this, then Terminan of the darkflame is a must to have with us. He once pushed to stage five, but only temporarily. Prehaps, if we all combine power.... We could win...."

He thought to himself again, and then spoke.

" oh, and don't mind the grim-sounding title that he bears. That's just one of the names for him. Others include Blackfire Terminan, the faithless pheonix, The blasphemer, and so on. Apparently, being a non-believer earns a bad reputation in the Avian empire. How such a fervent believer such as Kazas was Bourne from Terminan's loins, I shall never know. Be warned.... He won't take kindly to hearing about Kazas's fate. What father would?"

Alrahm gave roto a hard glare, one that would pierce the very soul of the devil himself, as he began the procedure.

_____

Alrahm:

" I am about to start. Please, try not to scream too loudly. I am old, but not deaf."

________

At that moment, Alrahm had begun the process, levitating the water and gently letting it pour unto Roto's wound. By his magic, the water actually started to force itself into Roto's bloodstream, slowly but surely. It seeped in, and started to cycle through the infected area.

_____

Alrahm:

" By my command; purify."

A strange ethereal glow could be seen emanating from roto's infected hoof, A silvery color. This is the part that would cause undeniable pain In a few moments. The water forcing itself through his veins, combined with the purification effect, would cause the infected blood to essentially be replaced. Of course, it had to go somewhere. The infected blood would be painfully ejected from the wound slowly, until the infection was destroyed..... Or until Roto bled out. Whichever came first, really.

Roto gritted his teeth. Almost immediately after the process began, a blade shot out from his left leg and stuck into the dirt, holding him in place as he cringed. He breathed heavily the way someone would if they were exposed to an open flame. The blood that oozed from his leg was a dark shade of purple rather than red, but that was normal. One couldn't tell it was infected just by looking at it. He finally started to shout out once the water reached further into his blood stream to spread the pain to every pare of his body. He was shaking, but didn't fall over only because his leg blade held him in place.

((Short post, sorry))

"...And he's an insider. I wonder what they'll call me. Am I chasing death? Tough call... Die if I do, die if I don't. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I've made up my mind. I'd rather complete my mission and avenge the fallen princesses than risk waiting it out. You can either support me or stay out of my way, but I'd rather have your support. I hope you understand, Rahmu-san." Samurai says, addressing Alrahm.

When he notices a pause, he looks back at him and notices the awkwardness. "What? Your western names are hard on my Japonese tongue." Samurai says with an uneasy smile and an anime sweatdrop, reaching inside his helmet to rub the back of his head. Getting to the old castle can't come soon enough...

(I'm also sorry for the short reply. Really not sure what else to right now. :please: )

"...And he's an insider. I wonder what they'll call me. Am I chasing death? Tough call... Die if I do, die if I don't. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I've made up my mind. I'd rather complete my mission and avenge the fallen princesses than risk waiting it out. You can either support me or stay out of my way, but I'd rather have your support. I hope you understand, Rahmu-san." Samurai says, addressing Alrahm.

When he notices a pause, he looks back at him and notices the awkwardness. "What? Your western names are hard on my Japonese tongue." Samurai says with an uneasy smile and an anime sweatdrop, reaching inside his helmet to rub the back of his head. Getting to the old castle can't come soon enough...

(I'm also sorry for the short reply. Really not sure what else to right now. :please: )

( sorry guys... so busy)

Alrahm kept concentrated on Roto, but spoke to Samurai Equine.

_______

Alrahm:

"... very well. I'll make you a deal. We are to deliver the pheonix blade to Terminan Azarith, of the Griffon lands. However, I do not know how strong he will be. I need you, Samurai, to test him. Provoke his emotions. Call Kazas a coward, a weakling, and a fool to Terminan's face. Fight him, and test his strength. I'll stop the experiment before one side seriously injures the other. Do this, and accompany us, and you have my gaurentee that we will help you hunt the dragon caeser. We will need Terminan if we hope to obtain its power."

Alrahm said non-chalantly.

Roto gritted his teeth. Almost immediately after the process began, a blade shot out from his left leg and stuck into the dirt, holding him in place as he cringed. He breathed heavily the way someone would if they were exposed to an open flame. The blood that oozed from his leg was a dark shade of purple rather than red, but that was normal. One couldn't tell it was infected just by looking at it. He finally started to shout out once the water reached further into his blood stream to spread the pain to every pare of his body. He was shaking, but didn't fall over only because his leg blade held him in place.

((Short post, sorry))

Alrahm spoke once more, this time to Roto.

" youre actually doing very well, despite the shouting. Its actually a good sign that you aernt dead just yet."

He kept the process up, it would be done with soon.

---------(ponyville)---------

Lorec had sat syuren against a wall along with his spear so he could rest. Lorec had begun clearing debris to free ponies trapped in cellars. Lorec was thinking of a most excellent joke to play on Syuren involving Kierro as he worked. Oh, the look on Syuren's face when he heard lorec's little fib would be priceless, thought the minotaur.

Suddenly, he heard shouts, and marching. But the royal guard, acolytes, and demons were gone... he turned in the direction of the noise.

______

" hey, what happened here?!?"

" I dont know, but we've been attacked!!! We must inform the princesses immediately!!!"

" sir, I cant feel any trace of the princesses' magic..."

" WHAT?!?"

" Sir, permission to fly to Canterlot and see what has happened."

' very well. Go."

______

These werent mindbent. These were soldiers who were freed by Syuren, Samurai,and cascade.

@

Roto knelt down and started to groan though his gritted teeth. Blood continued to ooze out from his wound as the infection was flushed out. He pulled his sickle blade out of the ground only to stab it back in. He tensed up his muscles and hung his head down. It had to be close to done at this point.

Meanwhile, Mason made his way into the forest alone, ready for what they were going to do next. He still hadn't been told that they intended to meet in the castle.

@,  Roto knelt down and started to groan though his gritted teeth. Blood continued to ooze out from his wound as the infection was flushed out. He pulled his sickle blade out of the ground only to stab it back in. He tensed up his muscles and hung his head down. It had to be close to done at this point.Meanwhile, Mason made his way into the forest alone, ready for what they were going to do next. He still hadn't been told that they intended to meet in the castle.

Two royal guardsman had been traveling near Mason. They thought he was just another civillian, at first. They had been charged with gaurding the rear of the retreat. One of them spoke out loudly to Mason, unaware that he was not just an ordnairy denizen of Equestria.

Soldier:

" Citizen, it is not safe here. All civilians and military personel have been ordered to travel to the old castle of the sun and moon. Please, join the crowd and we shall see you there safely."

---------(elsewhere in the forest)---

Alrahm was finishing up on Roto. The water cycling was almost finished. If Roto chose to, he could even disengage and his body would do the rest of the work.

______

Alrahm:

" almost done... if you want, we can stop now and you'll still be fine. Your body can handle the rest. Or I can finish up and you'll be totally free of infection. It is your choice."

--------(ponyville)-------

The military personel that had shown up turned the corner and met with lorec and Syuren. Some had spread out, finding Kierro, Femi, and Oni as well.

_____

" who are all of you?!?"

" did you all do this?"

" why can't we remember anything? Is that your fault as well?"

_______

"I see. When it comes to putting on a show, as long as Kazas is slave to another, I have no problem with defamation. I'd say you have a deal." Samurai says.

Before long, everyone is at the old castle. Samurai looks around to make sure everyone is accounted for. "Not everypony is here yet..." Samurai decides to leave his helmet at the castle, giving it to one of his Kurokos. Afterwards, he goes back into the forest to check and see if everyone else is headed to the castle, including Mason, Lorec, and Syuren. He doesn't want to travel too far from the castle, but if he's going to find the last remaining members of their party, he'll need all his hunting and tracking skills. He all ready has sight and smell, but a helmet might hinder some of his hearing.

Two royal guardsman had been traveling near Mason. They thought he was just another civillian, at first. They had been charged with gaurding the rear of the retreat. One of them spoke out loudly to Mason, unaware that he was not just an ordnairy denizen of Equestria.

Soldier:

" Citizen, it is not safe here. All civilians and military personel have been ordered to travel to the old castle of the sun and moon. Please, join the crowd and we shall see you there safely."

---------(elsewhere in the forest)---

Alrahm was finishing up on Roto. The water cycling was almost finished. If Roto chose to, he could even disengage and his body would do the rest of the work.

______

Alrahm:

" almost done... if you want, we can stop now and you'll still be fine. Your body can handle the rest. Or I can finish up and you'll be totally free of infection. It is your choice."

--------(ponyville)-------

The military personel that had shown up turned the corner and met with lorec and Syuren. Some had spread out, finding Kierro, Femi, and Oni as well.

_____

" who are all of you?!?"

" did you all do this?"

" why can't we remember anything? Is that your fault as well?"

_______

Rotos right leg went down and he hunched over and breathed heavily. Sweat from his head dripped off into the puddle of blood beneath him. "Finish... It. Just... Finish... It."

Mason looked back at both guards and flicked his tail before looking back forward. "Yes, of course. The castle." He said, "Could you two boys escort me? I'm far too old to be making this journey on my own."

Oni scoffed at the question. He never made eye contact with the soldiers, but gestured to them. "See? This is what we saved with all this effort when we could have just let them die and focused our efforts on killing the griffons! Instead, half of these "chosen fighters" focused on saving these soldiers that amount to nothing!"

"Yes, and you're a brilliant tactician in turn," Kierro sarcastically replied, "Even though half or your men died in the last battle while Femi and I managed to protect all of ours."

Oni was about to strike at Ki before he stopped himself. He knew he couldn't beat Ki in a fight, though he would never admit it.

Rotos right leg went down and he hunched over and breathed heavily. Sweat from his head dripped off into the puddle of blood beneath him. "Finish... It. Just... Finish... It."

Mason looked back at both guards and flicked his tail before looking back forward. "Yes, of course. The castle." He said, "Could you two boys escort me? I'm far too old to be making this journey on my own."

Oni scoffed at the question. He never made eye contact with the soldiers, but gestured to them. "See? This is what we saved with all this effort when we could have just let them die and focused our efforts on killing the griffons! Instead, half of these "chosen fighters" focused on saving these soldiers that amount to nothing!"

"Yes, and you're a brilliant tactician in turn," Kierro sarcastically replied, "Even though half or your men died in the last battle while Femi and I managed to protect all of ours."

Oni was about to strike at Ki before he stopped himself. He knew he couldn't beat Ki in a fight, though he would never admit it.

The two guards looked at mason in confusion, and then to each other.

" he doesn't look that old."

" some are like that. You know, aging well?"

" guess you're right.... Alright, come with us. We'll get you back to the crowd. Once we get there, do not panic if you can not find your family right off the bat. Its been discussed, and everyone will be helped accordingly as soon as we can settle in to the castle."

Both guards trotted in Mason's direction. One stood two feet away, and the other stood ten feet in front, ready to lead.

------------(in ponyville)-------------

Lorec walked over to the group of guards, and started to speak loudly to address all, alp the while trying to keep it in a friendly tone.

Lorec:

" this destruction is neither their fault, nor mine! Along with others who are now escorting survivors to the old castle of the princesses, these ones helped to save the entire town from burning. We have been attacked. If you wish to help, then either assist me in clearing the debris to aid trapped civillains, or go to the forest to aid in the exodus."

The soldiers stood there, confused.

" what about the princesses?"

" yeah! We should go to canterlot to tell what has happened!"

Lorec didn't want to tell them what had happened. They would be sent into a panic.

---------------( elsewhere in the everfree)--------

Alrahm had completely finished five minutes after Roto's final begging. The blood should be pure, and the infection should be healed. Quickly, alrahm bit off a piece of cloth from his robes, and used his magic to tightly wrap it around Roto's hoof. It would hold until they arrived at the castle.

________

Alrahm:

" you should be free of infection now. Why you choose to serve such a monster is beyond my comprehension. You are much better off alone. Now, you may leave. Go rejoin the crowd and be patient when you arrive at the castle."

• Brohoof 1

The two guards looked at mason in confusion, and then to each other.

" he doesn't look that old."

" some are like that. You know, aging well?"

" guess you're right.... Alright, come with us. We'll get you back to the crowd. Once we get there, do not panic if you can not find your family right off the bat. Its been discussed, and everyone will be helped accordingly as soon as we can settle in to the castle."

Both guards trotted in Mason's direction. One stood two feet away, and the other stood ten feet in front, ready to lead.

------------(in ponyville)-------------

Lorec walked over to the group of guards, and started to speak loudly to address all, alp the while trying to keep it in a friendly tone.

Lorec:

" this destruction is neither their fault, nor mine! Along with others who are now escorting survivors to the old castle of the princesses, these ones helped to save the entire town from burning. We have been attacked. If you wish to help, then either assist me in clearing the debris to aid trapped civillains, or go to the forest to aid in the exodus."

The soldiers stood there, confused.

" what about the princesses?"

" yeah! We should go to canterlot to tell what has happened!"

Lorec didn't want to tell them what had happened. They would be sent into a panic.

---------------( elsewhere in the everfree)--------

Alrahm had completely finished five minutes after Roto's final begging. The blood should be pure, and the infection should be healed. Quickly, alrahm bit off a piece of cloth from his robes, and used his magic to tightly wrap it around Roto's hoof. It would hold until they arrived at the castle.

________

Alrahm:

" you should be free of infection now. Why you choose to serve such a monster is beyond my comprehension. You are much better off alone. Now, you may leave. Go rejoin the crowd and be patient when you arrive at the castle."

((Sorry for my infrequent replies, I've been having my exams this week. I'm free now!))

Roto's leg was shaking and twitching. He was probably too weak to be walking, but he attempted it anyway, following Alrahm with a slow limp until they arrived at the mossy stone castle surrounded buy fog and mud. There they would see Mason and the two royal guards that accompanied him.

Oni walked off deeper into the city without explaining why. Kierro and Femi looked at each other and without saying a word they somehow communicated what they needed to do. Kierro went off into the forest with lightning speed to meet with the newly arriving demon army. Femi stayed behind.

((Sorry for my infrequent replies, I've been having my exams this week. I'm free now!))

Roto's leg was shaking and twitching. He was probably too weak to be walking, but he attempted it anyway, following Alrahm with a slow limp until they arrived at the mossy stone castle surrounded buy fog and mud. There they would see Mason and the two royal guards that accompanied him.

Oni walked off deeper into the city without explaining why. Kierro and Femi looked at each other and without saying a word they somehow communicated what they needed to do. Kierro went off into the forest with lightning speed to meet with the newly arriving demon army. Femi stayed behind.

( I am also sorry. My family has been moving ant it has been hectic.)

Alrahm had arrived at the castle. It was a sight for sore eyes, indeed. There were ponies, mourning. Some were entering the castle, while others were crying to go back, but were pushed back by guards due to potential danger. Children had lost their parents. Parents were burying their young. Alrahm wondered. Was the savior of Vakor a destroyer, and not a redeemer? It was moot to think about now, however. What was important was getting organized. He spotted a pegasi in light armor with a red sash. One of Kazas's acolytes, appearing gloomy with his keeper no where to be found. There would be time to cry later. Right now, organization was needed.

Alrahm:

" acolyte of fire, heed my commands. I need you to spread this message to the others, as well. First, help to shelter the civillains. Get everyone you can into the castle. For the ones who can not fit, have Lorec's acolytes to start removing rubble from inside the castle and start repairing it, using what we can salvage along with any supplies to make tents. Go quickly!"

________

The acolyte obeyed, and was off to complete his tasks. Alrahm found mason, and spoke.

" you and I have much to discuss. Please, follow me."

Alrahm then trotted into the castle, determined to find a private place.

(I'm also sorry. My attention has been split many ways lately.)

In his journey, Samurai meets up with Mason as he is being escorted back to the old castle. "Excuse me! Have any of you seen a minotaur or any other questionable characters?" Samurai asks, but when all he gets is No's, he heads back to Ponyville. The group shouldn't be separated, not at this juncture.

(The part above can be edited if need be)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the castle, Samurai's 4 Kurokos are doing their best to help and calm the traumatized crowd. They are even seen giving a pony in a fancy hat a few meager pieces of food, which he quickly slaps away. "Get that away from me! What in the world is going on?! And who's going to pay the damages for my Hat Shop?! Do you know who I am? I'm Trilby Hatter, owner of Hatter's House! I... Hey! Don't just walk away!" Trilby says as the Kuroko that was serving him gathers the rejected food and walks off to help someone else. (Hey! Cameo appearance from one of my other fan characters!)

But what Alrahm and Mason don't see is one of the Kurokos ducking into the shadows with precise shinobi-like skills. It looks around, as if unsure about doing this. However, this seems important. Samurai might need to know about this later.

( I am also sorry. My family has been moving ant it has been hectic.)

Alrahm had arrived at the castle. It was a sight for sore eyes, indeed. There were ponies, mourning. Some were entering the castle, while others were crying to go back, but were pushed back by guards due to potential danger. Children had lost their parents. Parents were burying their young. Alrahm wondered. Was the savior of Vakor a destroyer, and not a redeemer? It was moot to think about now, however. What was important was getting organized. He spotted a pegasi in light armor with a red sash. One of Kazas's acolytes, appearing gloomy with his keeper no where to be found. There would be time to cry later. Right now, organization was needed.

Alrahm:

" acolyte of fire, heed my commands. I need you to spread this message to the others, as well. First, help to shelter the civillains. Get everyone you can into the castle. For the ones who can not fit, have Lorec's acolytes to start removing rubble from inside the castle and start repairing it, using what we can salvage along with any supplies to make tents. Go quickly!"

________

The acolyte obeyed, and was off to complete his tasks. Alrahm found mason, and spoke.

" you and I have much to discuss. Please, follow me."

Alrahm then trotted into the castle, determined to find a private place.

Mason nodded and followed behind him. He seemed to be the only pony around that wasn't stressed, sad or angry. He was instead thinking about whether the benefits of helping Alrahm outweighed the consiquences.

"My forces will be ready when you need them, and with Femi with them, we can communicate with them whenever you need." He said as soon as they were out of earshot. "Is there anything more you need? Shall I care for the wounded?"

Mason nodded and followed behind him. He seemed to be the only pony around that wasn't stressed, sad or angry. He was instead thinking about whether the benefits of helping Alrahm outweighed the consiquences.

"My forces will be ready when you need them, and with Femi with them, we can communicate with them whenever you need." He said as soon as they were out of earshot. "Is there anything more you need? Shall I care for the wounded?"

Alrahm simply shook his head.

Alrahm:

" in regards to assistance, do anything you can, really. However... That is not why I have contacted you. You see, it is in regards to my future plans. Those who have assailed us kept declaring that this was some 'test'. We were not the first to have our most influential leaders struck down. You saw as I did, the heads of all of the sovereigns that ruled over the various lands, gripped within the claws of the savior of Vakor. Now, this raises many questions. However, they will have to be answered later. Before kazas fell, he tossed away his sword, and an important necklace. An enchanted necklace that has the power to transport us to kazas's home village, in the griffon lands across the Eastern sea. To find answers, and hopefully bolster our forces quickly, I suggest that we travel there next. In the griffon lands, also resides the last generation's phoenix knight. It is within my plans to return the phoenix blade to him, in order to give us a counter to Zephrael. This is where you and your compatriot, Roto, will play an important part. Along with samurai equine, who has already been informed of the plan, I need you to say anything and everything to provoke this griffon's ire on my signal. Anger him. Nothing is off limits. Insult kazas, threaten his family, anything. There is something that he is capable of... That I need to see. Do not worry. I will not let any unnecescary harm befall you or anyone involved. I know him very well, after all. But remember, he MUST have the phoenix blade before you begin... And one more thing. I felt it from afar. A great power, similar to zephrael's, but not quite his... What was it? There shouldn't be a second pheonix knight working under Avae.."

----------( in ponyville)------------

Lorec decided to bite the bullet on this one.

________

Lorec;

" your princesses are dead, and canterlot lies in ruins. If you wish to help, travel to the abandoned castle of the twins in the everfree. There will be wounded there. Royal guardsmen and acolytes of my order will assist you all. And please, do not go seeking revenge... Those who did it are to strong for you."

Some of the soldiers had gasped, in both disbelief, and anger.

" how dare you...!!!"

" surely, this can't be..."

" its a strong possibility.... I can't feel them... They are gone..."

One solider looked toward Femi, trotting on close, with a desperate look in his eye.

" please, tell us it isn't true! Please, is this minotaur spouting nonsense.... Or is it true?!?"

_______

( I am so sorry. We are almost done moving. Im able to post again.)

Alrahm simply shook his head.

Alrahm:

" in regards to assistance, do anything you can, really. However... That is not why I have contacted you. You see, it is in regards to my future plans. Those who have assailed us kept declaring that this was some 'test'. We were not the first to have our most influential leaders struck down. You saw as I did, the heads of all of the sovereigns that ruled over the various lands, gripped within the claws of the savior of Vakor. Now, this raises many questions. However, they will have to be answered later. Before kazas fell, he tossed away his sword, and an important necklace. An enchanted necklace that has the power to transport us to kazas's home village, in the griffon lands across the Eastern sea. To find answers, and hopefully bolster our forces quickly, I suggest that we travel there next. In the griffon lands, also resides the last generation's phoenix knight. It is within my plans to return the phoenix blade to him, in order to give us a counter to Zephrael. This is where you and your compatriot, Roto, will play an important part. Along with samurai equine, who has already been informed of the plan, I need you to say anything and everything to provoke this griffon's ire on my signal. Anger him. Nothing is off limits. Insult kazas, threaten his family, anything. There is something that he is capable of... That I need to see. Do not worry. I will not let any unnecescary harm befall you or anyone involved. I know him very well, after all. But remember, he MUST have the phoenix blade before you begin... And one more thing. I felt it from afar. A great power, similar to zephrael's, but not quite his... What was it? There shouldn't be a second pheonix knight working under Avae.."

----------( in ponyville)------------

Lorec decided to bite the bullet on this one.

________

Lorec;

" your princesses are dead, and canterlot lies in ruins. If you wish to help, travel to the abandoned castle of the twins in the everfree. There will be wounded there. Royal guardsmen and acolytes of my order will assist you all. And please, do not go seeking revenge... Those who did it are to strong for you."

Some of the soldiers had gasped, in both disbelief, and anger.

" how dare you...!!!"

" surely, this can't be..."

" its a strong possibility.... I can't feel them... They are gone..."

One solider looked toward Femi, trotting on close, with a desperate look in his eye.

" please, tell us it isn't true! Please, is this minotaur spouting nonsense.... Or is it true?!?"

_______

( I am so sorry. We are almost done moving. Im able to post again.)

@@Samurai Equine

Mason chuckled after Alrahm was finished, but it wasn't like his usual laugh. It almost seemed friendly and genuine rather than unsettling. "You want us to piss off Kazas? I doubt we'll need the samurai's help with that. You don't need to worry about any harm that befalls me."

Roto didn't say anything, though he might have if they weren't interrupted. Somewhere outside of the castle there was a thunderous roar as a massive tree snapped at its base and plummeted to the ground.

"God damn it! You could have killed me!"

"How was I supposed to know you were up there? Who stands on top of a tree?"

"WHO PUNCHES DOWN A TREE?"

"I should go check on that." Roto said, happy for an excuse to leave. He exited the castle through the crowd of refugees.

Femi pressed her hoof onto the guards right shoulder. "What they say is true. Your place is with these warriors, not alone and not with me. You will follow them I know it." She looked over the Royal guards shoulder at Lorec. Kierro was already leaving them outside of earshot. "I must go now. Allow me the pleasure of a few more words and I will give you a warning. My ability to see the future is limited and I seldom know anything specific enough to be useful. I do not know if you will succeed but I do know two things regarding Mason that you must not forget. Your task will be impossible if you lose him; and before this ordeal is over, he will betray you and because of it, someone will die. That is all I know."

Samurai Equine continues to travel through the Everfree forest. On his way, he encounters a manticore, one that would have easily been recognized by a famous soft-spoken mare. And he looks angry, like a beast ready to pounce. Samurai holds his ground with a determined look in his eyes. "Go on. Give me a reason to make a fur coat tonight..." Samurai thinks to himself, but the manticore backs away, somehow sensing Samurai's abilities as a warrior. When the manticore breaks away, he reveals a stone water well, as if he was guarding it for some reason. Still, Samurai walks up to it, lowers the bucket, draws some water, and takes a drink. "Hmm... Wonder why someone would build this out here..." But Samurai does not have time to rest.

It isn't long before Samurai finishes his trek through the woods. The distance between the two locations isn't far. Still, he sees Lorec, Oni, Kierro, and Femi. He stops to observe them talking to the guards before he casually makes his approach. "Do you know who will die?" Samurai asks, wanting to know more about this strange prediction. "Will it be me or one of the other warriors, or someone defenseless?"

@@Samurai Equine,  Mason chuckled after Alrahm was finished, but it wasn't like his usual laugh. It almost seemed friendly and genuine rather than unsettling. "You want us to piss off Kazas? I doubt we'll need the samurai's help with that. You don't need to worry about any harm that befalls me."Roto didn't say anything, though he might have if they weren't interrupted. Somewhere outside of the castle there was a thunderous roar as a massive tree snapped at its base and plummeted to the ground."God damn it! You could have killed me!""How was I supposed to know you were up there? Who stands on top of a tree?" "WHO PUNCHES DOWN A TREE?" "I should go check on that." Roto said, happy for an excuse to leave. He exited the castle through the crowd of refugees.     Femi pressed her hoof onto the guards right shoulder. "What they say is true. Your place is with these warriors, not alone and not with me. You will follow them I know it." She looked over the Royal guards shoulder at Lorec. Kierro was already leaving them outside of earshot. "I must go now. Allow me the pleasure of a few more words and I will give you a warning. My ability to see the future is limited and I seldom know anything specific enough to be useful. I do not know if you will succeed but I do know two things regarding Mason that you must not forget. Your task will be impossible if you lose him; and before this ordeal is over, he will betray you and because of it, someone will die. That is all I know."

Lorec gave a long, harsh look to femi, and snorted in an annoyed sigh that minotaurs were known for when distressed or somewhat fed-up with the current situation.

Lorec:

" If he does betray us, then he is truly a vainglorious fool. That phoenix knight Zephrael keeps speaking of a 'test'. Look, I don't understand fully why this is happening. No one does. But one thing is certain. Zephrael, and his master are leagues of power above any of us. Not to mention that Kazas has been lost to us, and has even ascended to stage four of the seven, surpassing everyone within the DRO. that creature has two phoenix knights serving him, and even still, he seems to have enough power to hold dominion over the world itself. If mason betrays us, it will not be forgiven, nor forgotten. That creature probably won't take him, and we won't welcome you all back. You will be on your own, ostracized by both sides and possibly even targeted for elimination by Avaerus. Remember, they said we are expendable."

---------( the old castle )----------

Alrahm:

" I think we had a slight misunderstanding. Its not kazas that is your target, it is one named Terminan, his father. And the reason I'm wanting samurai equine to be the main fighter against him is for his ability to absorb fire. What you don't understand, is this; Terminan is an awakened keeper, and quite possibly one of the deadliest inheritors of the Azarith line. His Dark flame is powerful, and he is Kazas's polar opposite. Where as Kazas is forgiving, general Terminan was absolutely ruthless. Where kazas had faith in Vakor, Terminan has none. I think you two would get along, afterwards, actually.... Anyways, I know exactly how to anger him. You can threaten his wife, Lucretia. Or you can take a swing at Kazas's name. Or if you'd prefer... Kazas's wife Iria or his three children Damia, Kalin, or Belzac. Any threats to these names, and it will anger him. And mason... If when we meet and he can still call forth the dark flame... DO NOT. LET. IT. TOUCH. YOU."

Alrahm had talked as though he knew this Terminan very well. Indeed, he did. Of course, that information was irrelevant unless mason really wanted to delve into the past... Something Alrahm did not like talking about. A bead of sweat dripped down his forehead and unto his brow. Rarely did alrahm show anything other than a cynical, planning personality along with the ocassional but needed seriousness. Alrahm didn't know mason's true power. And it was true that terminan would be in his mid 50's by now, along with still being leagues below Zephrael along with everyone else , but it could not be denied that Terminan would make a formidable ally, along with the remnants of the griffon empire.

-------(canterlot arena)------

Zephrael had finally arrived back in canterlot, flying in at great speed with a gravely wounded kazas on his back. Quickly, he slid kazas off of his back and onto the ground. He put his claw upon kazas's chest, and began the divine healing process. As he did so, Avaerus spoke to him in a concerned but light tone.

_________

Avaerus:

" he was wounded more heavily than I thought he would be."

_______

Zephrael:

" He wasn't like this before. What have you done to him that has filled him with such... Corruption?"

_____

Avaerus:

" he has taken on the role of the sin bearer. I gave him 90% of the corruption that I had absorbed in tartarus."

_________

Zephrael:

".... And the savior will descend with two angels o' flame, one with the weight of the sins of hell upon his back, and the other with the weight of righteousness upon his back. Together, they do the bidding of the one with four names, judging the world under his guide... Tal'lagúl; 27:5."

______

Avaerus:

" you are truly devout, Zephrael."

Zephrael:

" that was my favorite scripture. But mi'lord.... Could not I have been made the bearer of sin? I am not fit to be righteousness..."

Avaerus:

" 'and then the mortals who were left behind to face judgment took up arms against the left and right hand of the second son, his angels. Sin shall be destroyed by evil, and the fate of righteousness shall either be embraced, or destroyed, by mortality. The holy messenger, who has made sanctuary of the diamond paradise, shall see the destruction of sin give birth to the purest of souls. And so shall this soul be a blessing to those on earth; and evil and purity shall form the sinning saint in tandem, and would do battle with the four names.' Tal' Lagúl; 35:12."

Zephrael:

" so that was your plan.."

_________

Avaerus:

" yes, it was, and is, and will be. Zephrael, train kazas in the ways of the phoenix knight. And do not worry about the corruption. For now... You can more than chaztize it, as they did for him. When he wakes, he will be kind again, but still in service to me. But understand, he fights a harder battle than any right now. Be patient with him.

_______

Zephrael:

" yes, my lord. I understand."

Avaerus:

" as for the test... I will soon strike again. The minotaur, Lorec, can not reach full potential. Not yet. I have a test for him... And either his kindred soul will save him, or he will die."

______

Zephrael;

" my lord, is that necesscary.."

______

avaerus:

" it is. I am also testing the yokai, to see if they are absolutely devoid of kindness, or at least, tactical sense. When Lorec and the syuren are alone within ponyville with those soldiers... That is when that portion of the test begins."

• Brohoof 1