private Raising the Sun, Carry the Fire. [1 & 1]

FancyHorse

@

It all happened so fast and before Celestia knew it a scary monster was lying flat on the floor. Taking small, tentative steps toward it she got close enough to get a sniff of its foot. It smelled absolutely rotten for being burnt, she falls back as the smell overwhelmed her senses 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/112382-ask-sunbutt/

ASK THE PRINCESS OF THE SUN ANYTHING!

RAINBOW DASH AND CELESTIA ARE BEST PONIES!

@@Princess-Sunbutt

Bishop composes himself and drops the blood stained board he shakes a bit, still rattled by his action.

"Phew... Don't worry he ain't gonna hurt you.." He says.

He grabs the corpse by the arms and begins dragging it about into the hall and into a separate dorm.

After returning he picks up Celestia and brings her into a different dorm.

This no one while still plain as the other, isn't as filthy.

An intact bed without mattress awaits near the wall along with the identical lockers along the other side.

"I'll go bring in the mattress ." He says placing her down to retrieve his items.

Do stick around Darling, I could use the company~

@,

This day had just been too much on a filly so young, almost instantly after Bishop left Celestia virtually passed out, flopping almost lifelessly to the floor. Dreams came crashing through her mind again, a light blue unicorn sat crying in a dark cell, chained to the wall. Celestia felt sad seeing this creature but had no understanding of why, she wasnt able to think about it for long as the image faded to nothing but inky blackness, all consciousness was lost. 

@@Princess-Sunbutt

Bishop returns, only seeing the filly laying on the floor.

"Tia!" He instantly blurts and rushes to her side.

Her faint consciousness could make out the muffled plea from Bishop as he cradles her in his arms.

From the rucksack he pulls out one of the small thin blankets and covers her up.

"Oh God please wake up.." He pleads quietly holding her close to him.

@,

Eyes fluttering open Celestia looks up into Bishops face, she smiles innocently. Being in his arms she felt safe after what had all happened, this creature had saved her life today and had kept her safe, she wanted to be with this nice man forever. With a burst of energy she stretched her wings, making a happy sqeal

@@Princess-Sunbutt

He smiles with Joy and relief as she responds along with her happy yawn.

He softly sighs.

He places her down momentarily to fix up the bed. After such he sits the little princess onto said mattress.

If one thing he felt he could never accommodate to is the awful stench of filth. He wish could wash the whole place, only just to remove the wretched smell.

On a desk near by he places out a worn near tattered old map out placing onto the wood surface.

He mumbles to himself a bit examining it.

Celestia stares off into space as Bishop looks at his map. She gazed at the four walls, examining the cracks and water stains, 'What happened here?' The filly thought, 'to make such a mess' turning back to Bishop she tried to articulate her thoughts into words but only managing to make several high pitched noises.

@

Bishop looks to the little filly, "Yes?" He asks as if curious to if she needs something.

Had she forgotten about all the basic function to speak? Would he have to teach her enough from start? He ponders about.

From the unfinished cracker pack he takes one munching on it a bit.

Her stomach rumbled, quieter this time as she looked at the crackers again. She was about to ask for them but when she did nothing came out once more. Frustrated, Celestia tried thinking back on all the words Bishop had said, trying to interpret their meaning. Giving it one last try she opened her mouth, "I......wa-ant......food" she choked out with great difficulty

• Brohoof 1

Bishop couldn't help but smile at the adorable tone of voice.

He places the open pack next to her, he pets her head gently.

"Have as many as you want." He says to her, still attaining his smile.

He hasn't the smile this much since... Ever.. This was truly a mental and emotional miracle for him, if only just for a little bit to calm the tension.

@,

There was a sense of accomplishment when Celestia managed to get a couple words out, she clumsily uses her hooves to remove a cracker from the box. Munching on the stale snack quietly she notices Bishops small smile, it looked like he hadnt been happy in a very long time, she smiled back at him to lift his spirits 

@@Princess-Sunbutt

After careful examination he nods.

"Okay... We could follow along the interstate. No no, too much risk. The freeways and county road 238 could be a beret alternative.. ." He mutters to himself. He looks to Celestia.

From his pack he takes out a small canister and opens.

"Let's get you a drink." He says lifting it to his mouth trying to signify water.

@

Instead of speaking Celestia nods her head, to signify that she wanted the water. She wondered what he was looking it, it seemed important whatever it was. Yet she could help feel in the dark, there was so much the filly did not understand about the world she had so recently come into. Celestia could ask....if she knew how to speak without almost hurting herself. 

@@Princess-Sunbutt

He gently lifts the open lid to her mouth allowing a few drinks before sealing back the canister.

It was simple water, no notable flavor but could slightly have an odd after taste to it.

Bishop sighs a bit, he covers up the little Filly with her head poking out around the blanket.

"I'm just gonna step out for a, second girl. I'll be back." He says to reassure her.

He gets up and walks out, he hasn't had the opportunity to explore the place, he decided to check out the rest of the dorms

Celestia isn't worried by Bishops absence this time, nither does she pass out. Instead, now full of food and water, she lays down to sleep. What a taxing day it had been on the filly, not exactly the best way to spend a first day alive. It mattered little now though, she was safe (for now) and met a nice man who she was sure would take care of her. Laying her head down in the filthy mattress the Alicorns eyes slowly begin to droop.

Edited by Princess-Sunbutt

@@Princess-Sunbutt

Bishop enters into one of the dorm rooms, after fruitless search of the rest he finds something.

A duffle bag sits about on the wire frame of the bed.

A scargly note sits on the dust covered desk.

"You read this, use these belongings if needed. Me and my son won't need them."

he cringed a bit at the idea of what happened...

Opening the bag he sees a various items.

List: Clothing. The one most prominent being a small cold sized jacket.

A small collection of medication bottles, most empty. And batteries.

"This jacket looks about her size." He whispers to himself.

Satisfied he returns to the room, he sees the little filly asleep. He smiles and carefully shuts the door.

@,

The sound of the shutting door wakes Celestia slightly, her eyes open half way and she gives a small smile before drifting back to sleep. There was no dreams that came this time, only the creaking sounds of the old building penetrated her deep sleep. The filly found the noises comforting in a strange way.... 

@@Princess-Sunbutt

Bishop returns to his seat near the desk. From his satchel pouch he takes out a small little chapter book. And continues reading it.

Feeling a bit comfortable he begins singing a soft tune.

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray..." He sings softly.

Dusk was approaching, Bishop still engaged in little booklet. He looked toward the little filly, still resting on the bed.

"You are my sunshine....." Those words where the only ones to pass through Celestia's little ears. "Sunshine" what a strange sounding, yet happy word and it strangely made the Alicorn filly feel a warmth and happiness within her own being. 'You are my sunshine' it kept repeating in her head, "No Celestia," a unknown voice spoke to her, "You are the sunshine"

Bishop looked to the door, as quietly as he could he locks and begins barricading the door, he props up the chair angle upon the door handle.

Satisfied he returns and carefully lays onto the bed, the filly resting roughly at his chest.

Using the childs jacket he covers her up additionally with the blanket.

Slowly... Surely he drifts off.... Ready to greet the sun in the morning.

The loud sound of wind was what greeted Celestia in the morning, with a start she opened her eyes and let out a small yawn and spread her tiny wings. Bishop was still asleep next to her, being curious she rubbed her nose against his face to see if it would do anything.

@@Princess-Sunbutt

Bishop began to awaken, greeted by the nuzzle of the little alicorn princess. He smiles as he looks to her, he reaches his hand and pets her head and pink mane.

"Hey there." He whispers and begins sitting up. He groans a bit feeling stiff,

"Ugh this bed." He mutters.

Reaching into his satchel he grabs the cracker pack, almost near empty, he takes only one handing the rest for Celestia.

"You need a good meal dear, we'll be leaving soon." He says

The Alicorn is happy to see the man awake, a goofy smile on her face for a short time before she begins messing with the balankets as Bishop starts packing his things. Being handed the crackers Celestia munches in te happily, not noticing that she was taking all of the mans food to eat.

• Brohoof 1

@@Princess-Sunbutt

Despite his own hunger, he'd rather give it for her.

She was smaller, required more. Besides he could live without it, he took a drink from his canteen.

Finished with packing he carefully assists Celestia into the jacket. But noting the sleeves too long, he helps her out and with his personnel pocket knife he cuts apart the sleeves down to the desired size before redressing her.

"That'll keep you warm." He says

The jacket was a bit awkward as it covered over Celestia's wings but it was keeping her warm, so the filly didnt complain. It seemed like they were leaving, for where she did not know but as long as Bishop stayed nearby she was sure none of the scary monsters from yesterday would come to eat her.