Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need Help with a Cutie Mark

Silverhoof

I'm working on a new unicorn OC, named, "Silverhoof." (yes, I have two otherOCs with the same name)

Twilight's special talent is Magic.

Silverhoof's talent will be Telekinesis. He can use magic to augment and strengthen his TK.

My problem is the Cutie mark. Apart from the glow nothing symbolizes Telekinesis. A generic glow won't work. Crossed unicorn horns look like a big X.

What would symbolize TK to you?

Twilight has a generic star pattern standing in for magic.

When I make a character I decide on powers and talents first and craft him from there. This new Silverhoof is a combat fiend, with a shield, a telekinetic punch, and can throw pebbles at bullet speeds. He can manipulate more than just objects, working with air and water as well. He can lift and toss boulders. He is mobile artillery.

~~ He is not a superhero, but he is pretty spectacular.

as for the back story, I want him to be free to adventure. But he did work with the royal guard in the past, losing much of his youth to the service of his country. He is an older pony, looking for a spouse and a life he was too busy to enjoy...his age seems to be holding him back in that regard.

I'll do a full write up later, I'm just stuck with a cutie mark...

I'm working on a new unicorn OC, named, "Silverhoof." (yes, I have two otherOCs with the same name)

Twilight's special talent is Magic.

Silverhoof's talent will be Telekinesis. He can use magic to augment and strengthen his TK.

My problem is the Cutie mark. Apart from the glow nothing symbolizes Telekinesis. A generic glow won't work. Crossed unicorn horns look like a big X.

What would symbolize TK to you?

Twilight has a generic star pattern standing in for magic.

When I make a character I decide on powers and talents first and craft him from there. This new Silverhoof is a combat fiend, with a shield, a telekinetic punch, and can throw pebbles at bullet speeds. He can manipulate more than just objects, working with air and water as well. He can lift and toss boulders. He is mobile artillery.

~~ He is not a superhero, but he is pretty spectacular.

as for the back story, I want him to be free to adventure. But he did work with the royal guard in the past, losing much of his youth to the service of his country. He is an older pony, looking for a spouse and a life he was too busy to enjoy...his age seems to be holding him back in that regard.

I'll do a full write up later, I'm just stuck with a cutie mark...

A levitating spoon

remember you're not lifting the spoon but yourself

XD

• Brohoof 1

I don't really understand your choice in powers...I mean, every unicorn is exceptionally good at telekenesis--is he just even better? Like, he can lift more, heavier things or something?

If you are really going with that as a talent, you could make his cutie mark related to his time in the war, so it's easier to turn intros symbol. You could make it a cannon with an aura to represent his strength, or maybe a missile or tank.

Other options include a balance of the four elements, or a yin-yang type of thing. But make sure whatever it is, it doesn't clash with the colour scheme! :)

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really understand your choice in powers...I mean, every unicorn is exceptionally good at telekenesis--is he just even better? Like, he can lift more, heavier things or something?

If you are really going with that as a talent, you could make his cutie mark related to his time in the war, so it's easier to turn intros symbol. You could make it a cannon with an aura to represent his strength, or maybe a missile or tank.

Other options include a balance of the four elements, or a yin-yang type of thing. But make sure whatever it is, it doesn't clash with the colour scheme! :)

have a image of littlepip 

thats all she could do lmao

• Brohoof 1

Yes, he far more powerful than other unicorns with TK. He is approaching near superhuman levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could make his cutie mark something like a bent silver spoon glowing any colour of your choice to make it look like  

Silver hoof is bending it.

Or you could do something like a unicorn horn glowing surrounded by four elements representing air, water, ground and fire?

I'm not exactly sure how that could be drawn as a cutie mark but hopefuly it gave you some ideas. :)

I hope i helped

• Brohoof 1

Mmmmmmmm... well, you could just do a shield with a punching hoof or just something like a boulder because he's good with lifting & throwing them? sorry if i wrote this comment a bit hard to understand but i hope i helped!  :) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you are really going with that as a talent, you could make his cutie mark related to his time in the war, so it's easier to turn intros symbol.

Hmmm. He did loose his youth in service to his country.

Shields are overdone. How about a helmet like the royal guard wear? Has that been done?

PS, thank you to everyone for helping.

Edited by Silverhoof

Hmmm. He did loose his youth in service to his country.

Shields are overdone. How about a helmet like the royal guard wear? Has that been done?

PS, thank you to everyone for helping.

A royal guard helmet sounds cool to me, so long as its not too detailed. :)

• Brohoof 1

I read the few replies and came up with an idea. Now I know! Terrible helmet but I've never drawn one before! But here you go just as an idea. - a rough one.post-30868-0-84538100-1417546201_thumb.jpg

Edited by xCRESCENTx
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

That looks a little too detailed imo. Keep in mind how small it'll be.

Agreed, Just a nice simple helmet should do.

Thank you everyone who helped!

Edited by Silverhoof