Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hearthstone

DormantAccount

I did a search and didn't see a thread for this, so I decided I would throw a thread up and see if anyone else played here.

I've recently uploaded some videos to my YouTube channel(link on my profile) and I have been streaming it a bit on Twitch.

Let's cash in on some friendship value.

My HS Playlist

Edited by DexterousWings

Used to play it a lot. Kept going against Zoolock and got burnt out. I think the last time I logged on was to get my free pack from the Goblins and Gnomes launch.

• Brohoof 1

Used to play it a lot. Kept going against Zoolock and got burnt out. I think the last time I logged on was to get my free pack from the Goblins and Gnomes launch.

That's pretty much where I'm at with that game. I log in to unlock free stuff in the other games, or pick up free packs and stuff when I hear about them, but I don't really play it much. :mellow:

I just bought Naxx the other day. I have 5 more class challenges to finish the normal mode.

I've debated it, to just play through SP style, but I'm not sure it's worth the investment. :mustache:

I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a fun ride. Good mix of challenge and unique game play to earn the cards.

I especially enjoyed the hunter class challenge, though I'm not a hunter fan.

A lot of the cards are really good and play well in the current meta.

I enjoy the mechanics of hearthstone enough, and I like the fact that when it is my turn it is actually my turn and a million interrupts aren't going to be dumped on me whenever I play a card.  But I always feel hideously outgunned by other players, who both have access to some extremely strong individual cards and can build decks like those new irritating fatigue decks that kill you with fatigue damage while playing amazingly mana cost effective cards while I am still mostly stuck with starter cards.  I don't feel like I can dedicate the time I need to dedicate to this game to build effective decks, and the cost of purchasing cards is just a bit too pricey.

Yeah, I can see your point and some people get burnt out because of that.

I had an idea for a warrior spell though

Defensive Stance (3 mana Epic)

Whenever you are attacked during the next turn, deal damage equal to your weapon's attack to the character and treat the weapon as if you attacked.

I'm on the fence about whether to treat the weapon like you attacked or have it just lose durability. The key difference would be Gorehowl. If it loses durability, bye bye weapon. If it treats it like an attack, then Gorehowl plus Defensive Stance would be an absolute nightmare for zoo like decks with a lot of little minions. Of course, this would only work on heroes who could not do damage. and tank the whole of the Gorehowl itself. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Also, Undertaker is going to get nerfed according to Blizzard. Now, it will only gain attack not health. This means that they can still get big, but they are more akin to a mana wyrm with one less health.

Nuts, I should've made this thread earlier when I had the chance. :P

I enjoy the mechanics of hearthstone enough, and I like the fact that when it is my turn it is actually my turn and a million interrupts aren't going to be dumped on me whenever I play a card.  But I always feel hideously outgunned by other players, who both have access to some extremely strong individual cards and can build decks like those new irritating fatigue decks that kill you with fatigue damage while playing amazingly mana cost effective cards while I am still mostly stuck with starter cards.  I don't feel like I can dedicate the time I need to dedicate to this game to build effective decks, and the cost of purchasing cards is just a bit too pricey.

You don't need to have to pay to win. One of the best Hearthstone players in the world is totally free-to-play. You also don't need a lot of good cards to succeed, just strategy. I've made it to rank 14 before with a deck made entirely of basic cards, and people have made it to legend with only basic cards.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a fun ride. Good mix of challenge and unique game play to earn the cards.

I especially enjoyed the hunter class challenge, though I'm not a hunter fan.

A lot of the cards are really good and play well in the current meta.

Hunter was waaay too OP. It still is, to an extent.

I'm saving up for the third Naxx wing now because I'd put it off for so long. ._.

You don't need to have to pay to win. One of the best Hearthstone players in the world is totally free-to-play. You also don't need a lot of good cards to succeed, just strategy. I've made it to rank 14 before with a deck made entirely of basic cards, and people have made it to legend with only basic cards.

I suspect said player has spent such a abnormally high amount of time in the game as to render to pay to win aspect moot, as he has likely invested so much time into the game as to obtain the really powerful cards.

I would like to see the deck that made it to legend.  Because currently I am up against these annoying fatigue decks.  They are composed of cards the cause me to draw cards when played, which is supposed to be a drawback, but are obviously put in a deck where this becomes and advantages and it depletes my decks and causes me to die due to fatigue.  Ok, fairly typical CCG stuff I guess, but that advantage these deck obtain are huge.  For example, for 2 mana I can play a Novice Engineer: 1 / 1 draw a card.  Well for 2 mana they can play a Murlock Oracle Thing: 2 / 2 both players draw two cards.  By turning the drawback of the Oracle into the advantage, they now get a creature twice as powerful as mine for the same cost AND they get to further advanced the own deck wide strategy.  This clever building strategy would be find except I do not possess cards that can be combined in anywhere as close to an effective build as they have, and after fighting several decks like this in a row the game becomes an exercise in frustration. 

I suspect said player has spent such a abnormally high amount of time in the game as to render to pay to win aspect moot, as he has likely invested so much time into the game as to obtain the really powerful cards.

I would like to see the deck that made it to legend.  Because currently I am up against these annoying fatigue decks.  They are composed of cards the cause me to draw cards when played, which is supposed to be a drawback, but are obviously put in a deck where this becomes and advantages and it depletes my decks and causes me to die due to fatigue.  Ok, fairly typical CCG stuff I guess, but that advantage these deck obtain are huge.  For example, for 2 mana I can play a Novice Engineer: 1 / 1 draw a card.  Well for 2 mana they can play a Murlock Oracle Thing: 2 / 2 both players draw two cards.  By turning the drawback of the Oracle into the advantage, they now get a creature twice as powerful as mine for the same cost AND they get to further advanced the own deck wide strategy.  This clever building strategy would be find except I do not possess cards that can be combined in anywhere as close to an effective build as they have, and after fighting several decks like this in a row the game becomes an exercise in frustration.

I can't find the exact deck that he used, but it wouldn't be a feasible legend option now, considering how drastically the meta changed since then. I did find a reddit thing that does have some really good basic decks and playing guides for them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2fgq0x/basic_deck_guides_for_all_9_classes_0_dust/

Also, Trump has some good, but slightly outdated decks that don't have anything requiring an extraordinary amount of luck or time to acquire.

I can't find the exact deck that he used, but it wouldn't be a feasible legend option now, considering how drastically the meta changed since then. I did find a reddit thing that does have some really good basic decks and playing guides for them. http://www.reddit.co...classes_0_dust/ Also, Trump has some good, but slightly outdated decks that don't have anything requiring an extraordinary amount of luck or time to acquire.

Thanks for the help but these decks don't seem to come anywhere close to the power of what I am seeing in the game, although there are a couple of good tips in there.  What I find odd is that it mentions these can only go to rank ten, yet the hypersynergistic decks I described above I will encounter in both casual and rank 19 - 20 games.  Heck, I once encountered a deck that seem to have all the dragons in casual play.  

Thanks for the help but these decks don't seem to come anywhere close to the power of what I am seeing in the game, although there are a couple of good tips in there.  What I find odd is that it mentions these can only go to rank ten, yet the hypersynergistic decks I described above I will encounter in both casual and rank 19 - 20 games.  Heck, I once encountered a deck that seem to have all the dragons in casual play.

I can try to create a basic deck for you that I could test a bunch of times to find how good it is, and maybe give some tips.

Started a new thing on my channel. I just finished the recording of the first part of it.

Cheapskate Arena

The premise is that you pick a class from your collection and use the suggest a card option to select all of your cards. Then, you take the thing on ladder until you lose 3 games or win 12 with it. It's free to run and can result in some interesting, if non-synergistic. It takes the disadvantage of being in constructed and softens it by having the suggest a card try to give you a decent curve, class cards and a decent mix of minions/spells.

Currently it is 4-0, but I started at 23 since I only played enough ladder to get the card back last month. I'm already getting the card back for this month. I'm thinking I'm about to run into some pain when I hit the netdeckers pretty soon.

https://sites.google.com/site/trumpdecks/basicdecks

There's the list of basic decks you can make when you get the class up to level 10. It should at least get you to rank 20 where you can get some card backs. It might even get you some gold with the quests where you can get packs with earned gold instead of putting in real cash.