Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria's Last Hope: Music & Story

Tom Snyder

img-3453674-1-7edd2a1c1676137ca60c905ab3

Star Shine is one of the main characters in my story, Equestria's Last Hope: Prism Force. She and the others take on a quest to restore the shattered elements and bring balance back to Equestria, but there is one problem; Dark Mist has broke free of her banishment and started making her move to take Equestria for her own. But she's not interested in making the ponies obey, or even try to rule over them; what Dark Mist wants is power, the more she gains, the more formidable she will become. The task falls upon Star Shine and the soon to be Mane 6 to stop this corrupted pony from destroying everything. 

There is only one way to stop Dark Mist and that is through the power of the Prism Force, an untapped magical energy inside the elements themselves. To get it, each element must be restored and the six must sync their magic(including the dormant ones in Pegasi and Earth Ponies) to attain this new transformation. But it comes with a heavy price, anypony who uses it must pay with their own life force; since the forms take a massive toll on the body. There is a reason this form was never discovered before, nopony knew about it or what it required. 

But as Star Shine soon learns, is that she cannot do this alone; she must learn to trust her friends and in the power of friendship to make this possible. Star Shine goes through the trials of her past and make it through if she is to save Equestria, and Dark Mist is just one of those trials. She must face her fears, regrets and finally herself to go beyond her own limitations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the music i chose to represent it:

I chose this music, because it represents this attributes of emotion that Star Shine displays throughout the story:

- Guilt: This is the first trial, Star Shine is hit by this the most; and it gets to her as she tries to repress the memories inside. But Dark Mist tries to exploit this weakness and shatter the last threads of resolve Star Shine has, but underestimates Star Shine and pays the price after Star Shine loses control and fights with Dark Mist, laying everything she worked for aside; this leaves her feeling Pain and Sorrow. These two emotions are the driving force which will lead to her own corruption if she never learns to control them.

- Worthless: The second trial, Star Shine doubts her own abilities when she comes face to face with Dark Mist in her nightmares, Dark Mist tries to break her own strength of will; to make her lose all hope. Which she succeeds in doing until Star Shine realizes what she must do.

- Hopeless: This is the third trial, when imprisoned in the dungeon, Star Shine starts to give in to hopelessness. Knowing she may never escape that nightmare she has let loose on the land. But manages to pull through when Lightning Flicker tells her never to give up, this makes her realize that she can't give up and resorts to dark magic when one of the guards(not fully under control) lets it slip that Dark magic will break her bonds. Doing so frees her, but also causes her to lose control. 

- Filthy: This is the final trial, she has freed Dark Mist and must atone for it by trying to save her from the darkness as Star Shine has been through, even now, she tries to keep from losing herself in these moments of darkness. Star Shine soon Learns to control the dark magic, just like Dark Mist has done. This leads to her near corruption when her friends are threatened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i say corruption, i mean by dark magic. This magic is forbidden and allows for anypony to use the ponies own fears against them, as Star Shine soon learns. That magic is suppressed by Luna in an attempt to save Star Shine from the same fate that befell her student, Dark Mist.  But in the fight with Dark Mist that seal is shattered and her full strength is let loose upon Dark Mist, taking her by surprise.

Now the story will not be completely battle focused, instead be an even balance of SoL, Adventure, Sad, and Dark.

Edited by Candy Star

(edited)

Interesting...

I would love to help you write the story!

Contact me via E-mail (lucasrindt101gmail.com) or skype (lookey10)

Your email wasn't recognized. in that case just send me one. My email is raincrasher7@gmail.com But in case it doesn't:

I'm still doing Dark Origins(Dark Mist's origin story) which leads to the one you wish to help with. So you can try and help me there, if not, then when i come to do that story, i will ask for you to help. is this alright?

Edited by Candy Star