Video Game Discussion Section?

Mint Petal

Seeing as how the general audience of MLP are mostly gamers as well, why not make a video game thread so they can discuss things? I know I'd be all over that!

Just your average antisocial unicorn.

Retired fan-fiction author.

Why not? To get started: What's your favourite video game series?

Mine's Pokemon! (gotta catch 'em all!)

Signature%20by%20Revion%202.jpg

Why are you dragging your cursor over my signature? Is there a problem here? Do you maybe expect something special? Honestly, that's kind of creepy. Are you trying to get as much information about me as possible? Maybe you're going to copy and paste this into onto your little collage or all things Lyra? (me, not the awesome BG pony...) You seriously have issues dude... I pity you.

I wonder just how many users came from Gamefaqs or Gamespot like me. LOL

Hopefully very, very few. I am sorry but faqs/spot is a cesspool.

PC Supremacy

Or make a complete different section for gaming itself.

This.

Considering half of us came from 3DS or WiiU, we might see a flood of videogame topics in Sugarcube Corner.

It's nothing to worry about right now because the place JUST opened up, but it's an idea to keep in mind as we grow more active and it becomes more of a problem.

Edited by BonBon

The site itself can be, no doubt, but that also depends on where you go on the site.

I am talking the boards. Gamespot as a site is terrible, biased, and greedy. But thats off topic, I think what Kurtiss said was that all the off topic non pony related stuff will be in sugarcube corner for now.

PC Supremacy

Sorry for not answering this thread earlier.

I understand why you'd all want a video games discussion section, but you've got to remember that we're a My Little Pony community, not a gaming one. For our purposes, anything that is not about ponies is technically off-topic, and the more off-topic sections we add, the less clear it becomes what people come to this forum for.

We currently have three on-topic sections and four off-topic ones. At this point, I wouldn't add any further off-topic sections before we add some more on-topic ones to balance them out. Keep all gaming threads in the Everfree Forest for now, and add a gaming tag to them if you want to keep them organized.

Twilight SIG 8.png

Signature credit: Kyoshi