Why life could not be a simulation, like the matrix

Probably Lee

What about an analog computer?  It in theory could operate using a mathematically dense set of numbers.

After doing minimal research on analog computers, i have no idea. I would think not though, as im sure any computer would eventually stop being able to count the digits of pi.

KILL IT!

Life being a computer simulation is unfalsifiable. (What if The Big Computer can handle irrational numbers, where computers in our simulated world can't?) It doesn't mean that it's true, of course.

I seriously doubt that's the case. *Man running simulation laughs at remark*

But you're implying that said simulation would be running off our current understanding of technology. There's nothing to say that something so advanced can also calculate anomalies such as pi. We already refer to a brain as a highly advanced computing unit, so there's no reason there can't be something even more advanced than that.

As Grepper says above, it's unfalsifiable. It's just not something we can currently observe, so it's impossible to say for sure if it's true or not.

• Brohoof 2

9hEemz2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The very existance of pi or the square root of two makes the possibility of the universe being a simulation impossibe. No computer can manage an irrational number.

This assumes that the capability of our computers is the most powerful and advanced any computer could ever possibly become, and that's not true.

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png