open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

@Orion Caelum

"And it looks like he's already gone," Sleight Mist replied to Wilhelm. "And I really wanted a shot at him too...uf!"

She was interrupted by a sudden hug from the side. She resisted her first, potentially fatal urges, and glanced over. She gave and grin and let out a chuckle when she saw who it was.

"Anette! I haven't seen you in forever!"

--------

Anette's vision still hadn't returned to her, meaning she heard the muffled pop of the explosion before anything. She didn't hear any screaming, however, so she assumed eveypony was still alive and well.

"Glory, help me," she called out, causing the doll to float lightly over to her. As she landed, the two began a silent communication. Anette turned to Sleight Mist, and ran over to her, wrapping her in an embrace.

"Slieght Mist? You're here!"

-------

Rarity stopped, thinking heavily over the words that had been given to her. Ice Blizzard's mom was right on every account; at the very least, she needed to stop letting the stress that was building take control of her. It seemed like ever since she'd been at this arena, it had been a non-stop accumulation of problems and issues, and she needed to let it go.

Pushing Ice Blizzard to the forefront of her mind, she finally decided to consider how she felt about him. Surprisingly, it came easier than she expected, the truth of her feelings so transparent she could practically reach out and touch them. She made up her mind, and she made up her mind how to tell him. The stress immediately vanished, and she began relaxing for the first time since she'd come to this arena. It had been so simple.

"You're right, Mrs. Ice, about everything. And... I think I know what to do now." she said with the most sincere smile she could muster. "Thank you so much for helping me out, you really are a lifesaver..."

------

Luna shot up in her bed, sweating profusely. She looked around, horn sparking, certain that something was wrong, and ready for the inevitable attack. When she saw nothing but the empty dark room, she relaxed a little, stepping out of bed slowly to begin the process of raising the moon. The entire time, however, there was this dark, niggling feeling in the back of her mind, as if something was very, very wrong...

--------

@Orion Caelum

Nightingale lay on the bed of her fighting quarters, in a state of absolute bliss. Not about the fight; it had required no less than ten stitches to repair her side after that creepy toy's arrow had pierced her flank, and Nightingale had personally sewed them in herself. No, all she was concerned about was the ticket that she held in front of her, the one that allowed her entrance to Vinyl and Octavia's Hall. It was something she'd actually bought legitimately for once; an Octavia performance was more than worth paying for. Besides, she'd figure she'd finally use at least some of the bits she had accumulated in all of her years of criminal activity. No use in keeping money if you're never going to spend it.

"Everything happens tonight, then." she whispered, as she rolled off of the bed. She vanished into the back, getting ready to have the time of her life.

(edited)

@,

Yuki laughed and hugged Rarity, "No problem, honey. It's just what moms do." She said proudly. She then got out the tub, and dried herself off, "Glad I was able to help, now, I'm gonna go make sure he looks like a million bits when he comes to your shop later to take you to that party. He always would say he 'hated' my help," she said with air quotes, "But in reality, he comes back and thanks me for everything I do. So, yeah, he'll be there later for you. Oh, and one more thing, you don't have to call me, 'Mrs.' all the time. You can just call me Yuki alright? Buh-bye. Hope we can do this again sometime." She said as she began to exit the spa.

She saw the street parade, and thought as she walked to the fighter quarters, "I remember how Icy said he hates singing, haha."

----------------------------------

At Blizzard's room, IA-2, he was stretching himself, trying to relieve himself of stress, and did pushups on the floor. He also was hoping there was a substantial amount of food at that party, since he hadn't eaten in 3 days. He then went to his room's shower, "A clean dude is a happy dude..." He turned on the cold water, put some music on his phonograph, and began to sing in the shower, "Feelin' my way through the daaarkness~, guided by a beating heaart~...."

Song:

Edited by Ice Blizzard

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Ice Blizzard, one of the coolest ponies you're ever gonna meet. Also, Rarity is, without question, best pony. :wub::DMy Youtube Channel  IB's Profile

Tell me what you think of me Challenge an OC to fight My Newest FimFic

@

He also enjoyed Rune's voice, if he didn't know any better he thought his was better than his own, he kept smiling as he picked up the next verse.

"One minute I Heeeeelllllld the key, next the waaaaaalllls were turned on me." He played with the tune and instead of singing it like it had originally been sing he sang the last note higher and softer. Something he didn't do often because he strained his voice but this time it paid off as he was able to hold it.

"And I discovered that my caaaastles stand... upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand." He sang 

"I heeear Jerusalem's Bells a ringing, Roman and calvary choir's a singing, Be my mirrror, sword and shield, missionaries in a foreign field, but foooor some reason I can't explain once you're gone there was never, no never an honest word, that when I rulled the world." he chorused with Rune.

sig-33647.rsz_wolves-wolves-20471683-900

@

rune was liking this. he had a nice voice, and he seemed to be no stranger to singing.

he sang the chorus, he favorite part, and took a breath for the next verse.

"it was a wicket and wiiild wiiiiiiiind, blew down the dooors to let me in~"

"shattered windows with the souuuuuuuuuuund of drums, ponies couldn't believe what i'd become~"

"revolutionaaaries waaaaaaaaiiiiit, for my head on a silver plate, just a puppet on a looooooonely string~" (at this point, he acted a bit like, well, a puppet.)

"aw, who would ever wanna be king?"

2uyqhld.jpg

(edited)

@,

rune was liking this. he had a nice voice, and he seemed to be no stranger to singing.

he sang the chorus, he favorite part, and took a breath for the next verse.

"it was a wicket and wiiild wiiiiiiiind, blew down the dooors to let me in~"

"shattered windows with the souuuuuuuuuuund of drums, ponies couldn't believe what i'd become~"

"revolutionaaaries waaaaaaaaiiiiit, for my head on a silver plate, just a puppet on a looooooonely string~" (at this point, he acted a bit like, well, a puppet.)

"aw, who would ever wanna be king?"

@

Naga, excitedly running around behind the two musical artists surprisingly unnoticed, decided to add his own touch to the number.

" Oi! No gig can be a gig without a lightshow and a jig! "

And just like that, he sat on the ground behind them, and began... Chanting something very quietly, so that no one could hear him over the musicians.

" Om Benza Sato Hung, Om Benza Sato Hung, Om Benza Sato Hung...."

It was then that a sort of golden radiance exuding from the odd-looking monk's very being started to flow around him. A golden, warm aura of positive energy. Slowly, the Aura snaked out toward Night Tracer and Rune, and started to envelope them as well, in what appeared to be two streams of karmic energies, one for each.

This was a result of the seemingly young monk's consistent meditations and spiritual attunement, in conjunction with his ' unique ' soul and extensive practice. The Karmic energy that he was sharing with these two was, in fact, refined positive Karma that he was pulling in from the cheery vibes of the crowd. Channeling, as he called it, allowed him to share his spiritual power with others directly, among other things.

As it was indeed positive Karma he was sharing, Rune and Night tracer would not only be enveloped in a similar golden aura as long as he kept chanting, but they would also receive the benefits of refined, purified energy of the soul. They would feel stronger, faster, lighter on their hooves, almost as if a great burden had been lifted from them. Chances are, it would probably amplify their singing abilities as well.

@@Unicorncob

Sword drawn, Lorec began to hold it with two hands, and lowered into a charging stance. He put his right shoulder forward, and lowered the sword to the ground behind him, letting the tip of the blade drag across the ground. Knowing that Tyra's size may cause a problem when it came to the accuracy of his large, overbearing swings, he would have to start from a low point and work his way upward with his attacks.

Charging at Tyra like this, he swung his sword diagonally upwards from left to right in order to intercept the axe's swing. Of course, this also served a secondary function; that when he swung the sword, it had traveled from a dusty ground. So of course, said dust was very likely to have flown upward toward Tyra's face from the force of the swing. He didn't know if it would blind her or not, but it was a technique worth trying, worthy of a clever hunter.

Edited by Hokuto's Heir
  • Brohoof 1

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

(edited)

Yuki walked to the fighter quarters. When she got there, she asked of her son's name, and was told to go to room IA-2. When she got to the right room, she knocked on the door. "Icy?"

Blizzard was still singing in the shower before his mom knocked, "I can't tell where the journey will end~, but I know where it'll star--" That's when he heard the knocking. He quickly turned off the water, "Coming!" He said as he turned off the music, and nearly slipped getting out of there, "Ah! Woah!" He didn't have much time to dry off, so when he ran to the door, he was still dripping water when he answered the door. "Mom?!" He halfway closed the door to hide, "I'm still showering!"

Yuki laughed as she stepped in anyway, "Oh, stop it, Ice. I just figured you might want some help looking good for your....date?" She said with a teasing giggle.

Ice sighed. But then he realized his mom would actually be of some use, "I...guess--- wait! How did you know I was gonna da-- I mean...I don't have a da-- I mean....uh....peanut butter?" He said quietly while blushing.

Yuki laughed at Ice again, "Come on son, go get yourself clean, I'll tell ya when you're done."

Blizzard went back into his bathroom to finish his shower, as his mom sat on the couch and read some magazines.

Edited by Ice Blizzard

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Ice Blizzard, one of the coolest ponies you're ever gonna meet. Also, Rarity is, without question, best pony. :wub::DMy Youtube Channel  IB's Profile

@

caliber laughed, looking at Annette and sleight. "oh-ho! this must be the pony you were talking me about, sleight!" he said, roaring with laughter.

he gathered himself up, and grinned at anette. "my names caliber, the wanderer!" he said, "fourth strongest swordspony in equestria--"

he stopped. "hey...dont i know you...? oh yeah! we were watching sleight here chew out ice! must've slipped my mind..."

2uyqhld.jpg

-snipe-

As Vera watched the fight, she was as amazed as Kazas, "Ooh! Damn, this is a good fight." She turned to Kazas, "Hey Kazy. Anyone you know, knows how to use whips? They're perfect for more than just fighting you know. In fact, as a former-mercenary, I could show you a few moves..." She said while slowly, and passionately kissing his cheek.

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Sword drawn, Lorec began to hold it with two hands, and lowered into a charging stance. He put his right shoulder forward, and lowered the sword to the ground behind him, letting the tip of the blade drag across the ground. Knowing that Tyra's size may cause a problem when it came to the accuracy of his large, overbearing swings, he would have to start from a low point and work his way upward with his attacks.

Charging at Tyra like this, he swung his sword diagonally upwards from left to right in order to intercept the axe's swing. Of course, this also served a secondary function; that when he swung the sword, it had traveled from a dusty ground. So of course, said dust was very likely to have flown upward toward Tyra's face from the force of the swing. He didn't know if it would blind her or not, but it was a technique worth trying, worthy of a clever hunter.

A loud CLANG sounded as Tyra's axe and Lorec's blade collided, a brilliant spark flying from the force of the two weapons.

What she hadn't expected was a thin cloud of dust hurdling toward her from the sword tip, with specks of dirt flying into her eye.

"Agh!" She grunted, stumbling slightly as she landed and began brushing the dust from her face. A clever tactic.

She growled and used her good eye to keep an eye on Lorec, while she winked her other one to test it. She probably wouldn't have enough time to prepare an attack with the minotaur so close, so she prepared to either dodge or block his next move.

img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-2m4ommo.jpg

Signature by @J.R.

Equestrian Empire's current Party Pony!

As Vera watched the fight, she was as amazed as Kazas, "Ooh! Damn, this is a good fight." She turned to Kazas, "Hey Kazy. Anyone you know, knows how to use whips? They're perfect for more than just fighting you know. In fact, as a former-mercenary, I could show you a few moves..." She said while slowly, and passionately kissing his cheek.

Kazas, instantly blushing and turning to Vera, spoke. However, it seemed as though he didn't exactly understand the... Explicit underlining of what Vera was trying to imply, simply due to the fact that he himself was actually... Quite inexperienced in romance as of yet. Cheerfully and innocently, he exclaimed while tugging at something wrapped into his sash. A small, weighted chain, the kind that was used for snaring an enemy's legs.

" well, in a journal that one of my ancestors wrote, they had invented a technique that utilized carefully controlled Phoenix flame. Using that flame, he was able to control a whip made entirely out of fire. Whipflame Arrim, they called him. Unfortunately, his technique is very hard to replicate from the notes, so I'm not perfect. However, using this chain, I can actually engulf it in fire throughout its entire length, achieving the same result.... But, love.... What else could a whip be used for? Aside from, well... You know. Hurting others? I'm intrigued."

He said, retaining his cute little naive innocence.

All the while, Vorrin and Alrahm had overheard, and looked at each other with eyes widened in surprise. Slowly, they turned their heads back to watch the fight, but each was experiencing... Difficulty watching it, as disturbing images flooded through their heads.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

Kazas, instantly blushing and turning to Vera, spoke. However, it seemed as though he didn't exactly understand the... Explicit underlining of what Vera was trying to imply, simply due to the fact that he himself was actually... Quite inexperienced in romance as of yet. Cheerfully and innocently, he exclaimed while tugging at something wrapped into his sash. A small, weighted chain, the kind that was used for snaring an enemy's legs.

" well, in a journal that one of my ancestors wrote, they had invented a technique that utilized carefully controlled Phoenix flame. Using that flame, he was able to control a whip made entirely out of fire. Whipflame Arrim, they called him. Unfortunately, his technique is very hard to replicate from the notes, so I'm not perfect. However, using this chain, I can actually engulf it in fire throughout its entire length, achieving the same result.... But, love.... What else could a whip be used for? Aside from, well... You know. Hurting others? I'm intrigued."

He said, retaining his cute little naive innocence.

All the while, Vorrin and Alrahm had overheard, and looked at each other with eyes widened in surprise. Slowly, they turned their heads back to watch the fight, but each was experiencing... Difficulty watching it, as disturbing images flooded through their heads.

Vera giggled somewhat evilly into her hoof as Kazas completely misunderstood what she was getting at. She was, however, amazed at the explanation he provided. She had no idea that a chain could be manipulated in such a way to be used as a weapon, "Wow. Really? That's...pretty damn awesome from what I can tell. Haha. You're so adorable."

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

A loud CLANG sounded as Tyra's axe and Lorec's blade collided, a brilliant spark flying from the force of the two weapons.

What she hadn't expected was a thin cloud of dust hurdling toward her from the sword tip, with specks of dirt flying into her eye.

"Agh!" She grunted, stumbling slightly as she landed and began brushing the dust from her face. A clever tactic.

She growled and used her good eye to keep an eye on Lorec, while she winked her other one to test it. She probably wouldn't have enough time to prepare an attack with the minotaur so close, so she prepared to either dodge or block his next move.

Having his momentum completely stopped by Tyra's axe, the two were in a deadlock. But this was not exactly a bad situation, especially since Lorec's little trick maneuver had actually succeeded in slinging dirt in her eye. With her stumbling backward, Lorec did something surprising. Instead of capitalizing on the fact that he had taken the upper hand in halfway blinding Tyra, he dashed backward, with a loud *thud* being heard as his hooves hit the ground after making distance. Smiling at Tyra, he lowered his warrior stance, now standing tall completely. Bringing his sword to the front of him, Lorec pointed it toward the ground, and gripped it as though he were about to run a crawling enemy through the back. He planted the sword in the ground deeply, and rested both of his hands on the pommel.

" I must beg your forgiveness for not following through... But I must say, I had to stop because I am impressed. Just now, you managed to stop a full-powered swing, one that I used BOTH arms to perform. If it had been any other fool on the battlefield, my blade would have cleaved through their weapon, armor, and them in one motion.... There is only one other soul alive who has managed to do so as of yet. Now, this means something. One, if we keep fighting like this, no ground will be broken on either side, both literally and figuratively. We could go for days and still not get a shot in on each other..."

He paused, leaning forward a bit with hands still on the bottom of the pommel, resting them. His Daughter's ribbon still apparently in his hands.

" and two, it means that you really are worthy, Tyra. And that means something this time."

He said, grinning. However, there was something different about this grin. Something that wasn't there before. It was a grin filled with... A fiery hunger... One of greed as he stood prideful... What was stirring this from inside if him? Was it Tyra?

Slowly, he took his hands off of the pummel, and began to tie the ribbon onto the handle of the sword. After he was done, he yanked it out of the ground with his left Arm, and beheld the blade.

" I tie Sifana's ribbon to the pommel of this blade as a sign of asking for her forgiveness, as what she is about to see from her father is to be a truly terrifying sight..."

He then looked at Tyra, smiling that wicked grin once more.

" Tyra.... Do you want to see why an entire trap was sprung, At this very location, just to try and end the warrior from the tale's life?"

Vera giggled somewhat evilly into her hoof as Kazas completely misunderstood what she was getting at. She was, however, amazed at the explanation he provided. She had no idea that a chain could be manipulated in such a way to be used as a weapon, "Wow. Really? That's...pretty damn awesome from what I can tell. Haha. You're so adorable."

Kazas, lovingly staring into Vera's eyes with his one, reciprocated the kiss to the cheek.

" how about this. You're a flame magic user right? So that means you might be able to do the same! I borrow power from Ezerepth to make my flames appear, but to you, it's natural! I bet you'd be able to master a lot of the Inaro family's techniques. Teach me how you handle your whip, and I'll teach you how I handle mine!"

Vorrin and Alrahm began shaking their heads. Not saying a word.

2l7vqa.jpg

Having his momentum completely stopped by Tyra's axe, the two were in a deadlock. But this was not exactly a bad situation, especially since Lorec's little trick maneuver had actually succeeded in slinging dirt in her eye. With her stumbling backward, Lorec did something surprising. Instead of capitalizing on the fact that he had taken the upper hand in halfway blinding Tyra, he dashed backward, with a loud *thud* being heard as his hooves hit the ground after making distance. Smiling at Tyra, he lowered his warrior stance, now standing tall completely. Bringing his sword to the front of him, Lorec pointed it toward the ground, and gripped it as though he were about to run a crawling enemy through the back. He planted the sword in the ground deeply, and rested both of his hands on the pommel.

" I must beg your forgiveness for not following through... But I must say, I had to stop because I am impressed. Just now, you managed to stop a full-powered swing, one that I used BOTH arms to perform. If it had been any other fool on the battlefield, my blade would have cleaved through their weapon, armor, and them in one motion.... There is only one other soul alive who has managed to do so as of yet. Now, this means something. One, if we keep fighting like this, no ground will be broken on either side, both literally and figuratively. We could go for days and still not get a shot in on each other..."

He paused, leaning forward a bit with hands still on the bottom of the pommel, resting them. His Daughter's ribbon still apparently in his hands.

" and two, it means that you really are worthy, Tyra. And that means something this time."

He said, grinning. However, there was something different about this grin. Something that wasn't there before. It was a grin filled with... A fiery hunger... One of greed as he stood prideful... What was stirring this from inside if him? Was it Tyra?

Slowly, he took his hands off of the pummel, and began to tie the ribbon onto the handle of the sword. After he was done, he yanked it out of the ground with his left Arm, and beheld the blade.

" I tie Sifana's ribbon to the pommel of this blade as a sign of asking for her forgiveness, as what she is about to see from her father is to be a truly terrifying sight..."

He then looked at Tyra, smiling that wicked grin once more.

" Tyra.... Do you want to see why an entire trap was sprung, At this very location, just to try and end the warrior from the tale's life?"

Tyra watched as Lorec backed away from her, and she raised her head with a cocked eyebrow as he lowered his battle stance. He embedded his blade into the ground and told her that she was a worthy opponent.

She smiled, standing tall herself. Though, that was debatable, given her stature.

"You are also indeed a worthy opponent," she replied, "This battle has been a true experience!"

She noticed his smile change to a grin. A grin that seemed...off. Like he was suddenly fuelled with a predatory hunger. She didn't like the look of it; she'd seen this before in past opponents.

"Why...?" She asked warily, gripping her axe tighter and preparing to move at a moment's notice.

Signature by @J.R.

Kazas, lovingly staring into Vera's eyes with his one, reciprocated the kiss to the cheek. " how about this. You're a flame magic user right? So that means you might be able to do the same! I borrow power from Ezerepth to make my flames appear, but to you, it's natural! I bet you'd be able to master a lot of the Inaro family's techniques. Teach me how you handle your whip, and I'll teach you how I handle mine!" Vorrin and Alrahm began shaking their heads. Not saying a word

Vera laughed, "Sure I guess I could." She looked back to the battlefield and saw where Tyra and Lorec were fighting. It seemed that Lorec had the upper-hand in this case. Poor little Tyra seemse to have met her match as of this moment. She turned back to Kazas, "I mean, it's not that hard..is it?"

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Vera laughed, "Sure I guess I could." She looked back to the battlefield and saw where Tyra and Lorec were fighting. It seemed that Lorec had the upper-hand in this case. Poor little Tyra seemse to have met her match as of this moment. She turned back to Kazas, "I mean, it's not that hard..is it?"

Kazas, leaning in closer and gently taking her hoof in his claw, reassured her.

" I promise that if you want to learn, then I will take the time to teach you... Ha ha.. If my father were here right now, he'd want to kill me for multiple reasons now. Teaching any technique from the Inaro lineage to one who isn't our direct blood is a bit of a family taboo. But..."

He said, leaning in closer. His beak close to her ear again.

" I love you too much to lose you. I know mercenary work is dangerous, and I know that there might be demons from the past who will try to drag you down with them. So, if I'm not around, it wouldn't hurt to have a surprise or two planned for an emergency. I don't care for the consequences... I'd commit a thousand taboos, if but only to see you smile..."

He said, then embracing her with a tight hug as they sat together.

@@Unicorncob

Lorec kept grinning.

" why? Because, Tyra... I am tired of running away from who I am. I am Lorec Krin! A hunter! A warrior! I [lived for conflict, Tyra! To say I didn't enjoy being on the battlefield would make me a lying cur. I loved it. Craved it. Hungered for it. Yet, there was never a single opponent that I could challenge as an equal in those days... Not. One. I have always desired to find one opponent who could match me in honorable combat. One fighter who wouldn't be afraid to go all out with our lives at stake. Until now..."

He paused again.

" when I lost my family in that ambush... I lost a part of myself. Every fight afterwards, I battled with a heavy heart, feeling the weight of guilt upon my chest. Every swing was a reminder of my failure. But ever since then... With the love and comfort of my friends- no, my BROTHERS that you met earlier, along with my beloved daughter... That guilt has slowly been ebbing away, and time has healed old wounds... But the beast who craved that one battle never left. Was never satisfied. This battle is more than an honor duel, Tyra... It is a burial of the past, and an appeasement for a ravenous hunger.... Now... I will ask this one more time... Tyra Shatterhoof, do you wish to confront the beast?"

• Brohoof 1

2l7vqa.jpg

Kazas, leaning in closer and gently taking her hoof in his claw, reassured her. " I promise that if you want to learn, then I will take the time to teach you... Ha ha.. If my father were here right now, he'd want to kill me for multiple reasons now. Teaching any technique from the Inaro lineage to one who isn't our direct blood is a bit of a family taboo. But..." He said, leaning in closer. His beak close to her ear again. " I love you too much to lose you. I know mercenary work is dangerous, and I know that there might be demons from the past who will try to drag you down with them. So, if I'm not around, it wouldn't hurt to have a surprise or two planned for an emergency. I don't care for the consequences... I'd commit a thousand taboos, if but only to see you smile..." He said, then embracing her with a tight hug as they sat together

Vera smiled. She felt very happy that she could be protected by Kazas, as well as learn some new techniques from him. She hugged him back, as she watched the fight at hoof, down in the arena. It seemed like a pretty decent matchup, and couldn't wait to see the outcome.

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg

Lorec kept grinning.

" why? Because, Tyra... I am tired of running away from who I am. I am Lorec Krin! A hunter! A warrior! I [lived for conflict, Tyra! To say I didn't enjoy being on the battlefield would make me a lying cur. I loved it. Craved it. Hungered for it. Yet, there was never a single opponent that I could challenge as an equal in those days... Not. One. I have always desired to find one opponent who could match me in honorable combat. One fighter who wouldn't be afraid to go all out with our lives at stake. Until now..."

He paused again.

" when I lost my family in that ambush... I lost a part of myself. Every fight afterwards, I battled with a heavy heart, feeling the weight of guilt upon my chest. Every swing was a reminder of my failure. But ever since then... With the love and comfort of my friends- no, my BROTHERS that you met earlier, along with my beloved daughter... That guilt has slowly been ebbing away, and time has healed old wounds... But the beast who craved that one battle never left. Was never satisfied. This battle is more than an honor duel, Tyra... It is a burial of the past, and an appeasement for a ravenous hunger.... Now... I will ask this one more time... Tyra Shatterhoof, do you wish to confront the beast?"

Tyra listened intently to Lorec's explanation. He had truly lost many lives close to him in this place. Taking away a warrior's loved ones, and you truly give them nothing to lose.

He wished for her to help him channel this bloodlust welling inside him all those years.

With a deep breath, she nodded once.

"Bring forth this beast, I will accept its challenge."

Signature by @J.R.

@Orion Caelum

"And it looks like he's already gone," Sleight Mist replied to Wilhelm. "And I really wanted a shot at him too...uf!"

She was interrupted by a sudden hug from the side. She resisted her first, potentially fatal urges, and glanced over. She gave and grin and let out a chuckle when she saw who it was.

"Anette! I haven't seen you in forever!"

--------

Anette's vision still hadn't returned to her, meaning she heard the muffled pop of the explosion before anything. She didn't hear any screaming, however, so she assumed eveypony was still alive and well.

"Glory, help me," she called out, causing the doll to float lightly over to her. As she landed, the two began a silent communication. Anette turned to Sleight Mist, and ran over to her, wrapping her in an embrace.

"Slieght Mist? You're here!"

-------

Rarity stopped, thinking heavily over the words that had been given to her. Ice Blizzard's mom was right on every account; at the very least, she needed to stop letting the stress that was building take control of her. It seemed like ever since she'd been at this arena, it had been a non-stop accumulation of problems and issues, and she needed to let it go.

Pushing Ice Blizzard to the forefront of her mind, she finally decided to consider how she felt about him. Surprisingly, it came easier than she expected, the truth of her feelings so transparent she could practically reach out and touch them. She made up her mind, and she made up her mind how to tell him. The stress immediately vanished, and she began relaxing for the first time since she'd come to this arena. It had been so simple.

"You're right, Mrs. Ice, about everything. And... I think I know what to do now." she said with the most sincere smile she could muster. "Thank you so much for helping me out, you really are a lifesaver..."

------

Luna shot up in her bed, sweating profusely. She looked around, horn sparking, certain that something was wrong, and ready for the inevitable attack. When she saw nothing but the empty dark room, she relaxed a little, stepping out of bed slowly to begin the process of raising the moon. The entire time, however, there was this dark, niggling feeling in the back of her mind, as if something was very, very wrong...

--------

@Orion Caelum

Nightingale lay on the bed of her fighting quarters, in a state of absolute bliss. Not about the fight; it had required no less than ten stitches to repair her side after that creepy toy's arrow had pierced her flank, and Nightingale had personally sewed them in herself. No, all she was concerned about was the ticket that she held in front of her, the one that allowed her entrance to Vinyl and Octavia's Hall. It was something she'd actually bought legitimately for once; an Octavia performance was more than worth paying for. Besides, she'd figure she'd finally use at least some of the bits she had accumulated in all of her years of criminal activity. No use in keeping money if you're never going to spend it.

"Everything happens tonight, then." she whispered, as she rolled off of the bed. She vanished into the back, getting ready to have the time of her life.

Wilhelm smiled at the two, running a hoof through his mane in a futile attempt to comb it back down from its current ruffled, untamed state. "You two know each other? Not a surprise, truly... You act somewhat like Sleight sometimes, Annette. You don't look like sisters, though, so... Good friends, I would presume?" Muttering under his breath, he said "I should have seen it before, though. Is Wilhelm 'Sherlock' de Winter going soft?" Chuckling a bit, he looked down at the flyer which Ice had pressed upon him before Ice's abrupt departure.

Attempting to disguise the fact that he had already bought two tickets (though he was waiting for the correct time to ask Annette if she wanted a second date, a time which had been annoyingly hard to find), he hoofed Annette the flyer and said "Would you like to go here? It seems like it would be interesting, and I'm sure we'd have a good time. I had the pleasure of listening to Octavia once, at last year's Grand Galloping Gala, and it'd be worth the..." totally not exorbitant because how would I know hahaha because I totally didn't already buy tickets for our second date, or is it even a date because I mean... "...cost of getting tickets." Waiting for her response, he walked over to Caliber and, after a moment of hesitation where he was about to perform a proper academic's hoofshake, he held up his hoof for a brohoof. "Hey, Caliber. What's up? After a second, he added "Did you hear about Ice?"

caliber grinned, and returned the brohoof. "celestia told me. but as it turns out, he's alive!"

he chuckled. "some princess...but enough of that, what're you doing here with such a fine mare?" he asked, with a smug smile. "wilhelm...i would've never thought it possible..."

2uyqhld.jpg

(edited)

Tyra listened intently to Lorec's explanation. He had truly lost many lives close to him in this place. Taking away a warrior's loved ones, and you truly give them nothing to lose.

He wished for her to help him channel this bloodlust welling inside him all those years.

With a deep breath, she nodded once.

"Bring forth this beast, I will accept its challenge."

Lorec's grin only became more beast-like in appearance when he heard her acceptance.

" I've waited... An eternity for this..."

Lorec took up his sword, and held it in one hand. He stretched his arm in front of him, almost seemingly inspecting the blade as he held it away from his body. With his other hand, he opened his palm and bent his elbow forward as if there were some invisible being there, giving him an unseen gift. Just then, that familiar power that had been seen coursing around Lorec was clearly engulfing the sword, and the sword alone. However, it would not stay that way... The brownish gold energy slowly abandoned the blade as though it were a snake departing from its abode, transferring into the palm of Lorec's other hand, until the sword seemed completely sapped...

There, in Lorec's right hand, was a ball of light, with the same manifestation of energy as that which had come from the sword. It, of course, was brownish-gold as well. It looked as a fire was engulfing and burning in Lorec's palm. This, was a soul. A soul of a primordial being.

" Kazas.... Was the only other one to push me this far. And now, you can claim the same. This soul... Is all that remains of the honorable Ursa King, Viruden. Even now, he speaks to me... He wants this hunt just as bad... This is as much his battle as it is mine. He was, after all, there since the beginning..."

He held it out in front of his chest, beholding it.

_________

@

Kazas, turning to watch the fight, immediately lost all color in his face.

" so... She really was the one..."

_________

Syuren, watching onward as his best friend fought, looked worried.

" man... When he gets like this....."

Sifana looked as equally worried, if not more. She whimpered to herself.

" Papa... Why are you doing this..."

Edited by Hokuto's Heir

2l7vqa.jpg

(edited)

@@,

Night Tracer looked out of the corner of his eye to see somepony behind him acting mischevious. He almost stopped performing but one thing he learned in his minor courses in college was, "The show must go on." Which was the most important rule, besides, the strange pony could be friendly. And friendly he was, he seemed to be speaking and as he did some strange Aura began to surround him and Rune. Suddenly, they were performing better and not only that but they had a light show complimenting there performance in the background. 

Night Tracer smiled as he sang the chorus again, ""I heeear Jerusalem's Bells a ringing, Roman and calvary choir's a singing, Be my mirrror, sword and shield, missionaries in a foreign field, but foooor some reason I can't explain, I know Saint Peter won't call my name. No there was never an honest word, that was when I ruuuuuuled the world." he played with the closing notes by skipping the arpeggio and taking it up an octave to give it a sweet whistling sound.

Edited by Flying Far

sig-33647.rsz_wolves-wolves-20471683-900

Lorec's grin only became more beast-like in appearance when he heard her acceptance.

" I've waited... An eternity for this..."

Lorec took up his sword, and held it in one hand. He stretched his arm in front of him, almost seemingly inspecting the blade as he held it away from his body. With his other hand, he opened his palm and bent his elbow forward as if there were some invisible being there, giving him an unseen gift. Just then, that familiar power that had been seen coursing around Lorec was clearly engulfing the sword, and the sword alone. However, it would not stay that way... The brownish gold energy slowly abandoned the blade as though it were a snake departing from its abode, transferring into the palm of Lorec's other hand, until the sword seemed completely sapped...

There, in Lorec's right hand, was a ball of light, with the same manifestation of energy as that which had come from the sword. It, of course, was brownish-gold as well. It looked as a fire was engulfing and burning in Lorec's palm. This, was a soul. A soul of a primordial being.

" Kazas.... Was the only other one to push me this far. And now, you can claim the same. This soul... Is all that remains of the honorable Ursa King, Viruden. Even now, he speaks to me... He wants this hunt just as bad... This is as much his battle as it is mine. He was, after all, there since the beginning..."

He held it out in front of his chest, beholding it.

Tyra watched warily as the same brownish-gold light emerged from Lorec's sword, and seemed to almost slither out of the blade and into the minotaur's hand. It manifested into an orb of pure light in his palm.

"Viruden," she repeated to herself. She had heard that name before; the legendary Ursa King. She had heard of his legend before from her father.

His soul, his bloodthirsty spirit, was right there in Lorec's hands.

She took another deep breath, and dragged a hoof along the dirt. "The Bloody Bear...aye, I will face him."

Signature by @J.R.

(edited)

@

rune played his short solo, before starting the all-mighty 'woahs'

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH~"

rune started on the chorus again, with the crowd continuing the 'woahs'

"I hear Jerusalem's Bells a ringing,"

Roman and cavalry choir's a singing,"

be my mirror, my sword, my shield,"

missionaries in a foreign field,"

but for some reason I can't explain,"

I know Saint Peter won't call my name"

never an honest word, but that was when i ruled the world..."

Edited by PeytonJay

2uyqhld.jpg

Green and Mars watched the fight from the stands. Mars started laughing.

"Ya know, you don't have to have a staring contest with the fighters."

Green looked at Mars. "Quiet yo mouth, foo."

Mars wiped a tear from his eye. "You look really stupid watching the fight that closely. I'm gonna be honest this fight got boring. I'm gonna go walk around town. You coming with?"

"Yeah, sure. Where to?" Green said smiling.

"Just walk around, dude. Explore a little bit." Mars said.

"Sounds good." Green said as they both left the arena.

When Blizzard finally finished his shower, he walked out of the bathroom, rubbing a towel atop his mane to dry off, and asked his mom, "So mom, how did you know I had a date?"

Yuki looked up from one of Ice's Rarity magazines, "You really like her don't you?"

"Hey! That's min-- I mean, that's not mine...." He said cheekily, with his eyes darting around.

"No point in hiding it honey. Anyway, I talked to her at the spa. She seems really nice."

Blizzard's eyes widened with fear, "Mom. Please tell me, you didn't tell her that I love her, or show her any baby pictures...."

"Well, A, she already knew about your feelings via a cheesy note. And B...I only showed her the one of you holding the flour. You looked so cute!" She said as she ruffled Ice's mane with her hoof.

Ice backed up, "Mom, please, stop. I just conditioned my hair."

"Lemme guess, Rarity brand?" She asked smugly.

"N-no!"

"Haha! Just joking. Anyway, she told me how much you cared for her. She said you cooked up an amazing breakfast for her. And you went and bought her tickets to the spa, AND to the dinner party later. Is that true?" She asked with wonder.

Ice blushed, as he scratched the back of his head, "Yeah. I did. When I got to her, she was working hard on something, and I felt that she needed something nice to eat. The spa was for her to relax herself because, like I said, she was working hard. Aaand lastly, the ticket to the party was...for...a...date..." He said shyly.

Yuki beamed with joy as she hugged her son, "Aw, that was so nice of you!"

Blizzard backed up again, "Yeah, I know. Ahem, now I just need to find something to wear...." He then crazily looked into his closet for suave clothes.

Yuki looked into one of her packs and took out a large wooden box filled with Ice's grandfather's stuff, "Here ya go Icy. Your grandpa had a TON of suits, ties, even...pants? Anything you'd wear to make yourself fancy for a classy girl like Rarity. Oh, and there's also 5000 bits in here that your grandad left for us. Well, that's just a small portion of his monthly Veteran's money. So, yeah, do some good things for your friends with that ok? Now go try on those clothes, see if they fit."

Ice had been listening to his mom the whole time, and hugged her when she told him to try on the clothes, "You're the best, mom!" He said as he ran into the bathroom to change into his grandpa's fancy clothes.

Yuki chuckled when she was complimented, "I know." she said proudly.

sig-30784.2626wk3.jpg