Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you Monetize Mlp animation on youtube?

Fluttashaa

Hello, I just created my first Mlp fan animation and i want to upload it to Youtube, and i was wondering can you monetize MlP:FIM Fan animations and make money on it. If no, is there any way to make money by creating MLP:FIM fan animations?

-Thank you

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I personally don't think you're allowed to. Hasbro seems pretty defensive around its content. Has taken down a lot of fanworks in the past. 
I personally don't think mobilizations a great idea, but at the same time I could be wrong, I'm not really to versed in copyright law but Hasbro seems to even hate non monetized content xD

In terms of making money from it setting up a pateron account might be a good idea, you could get fans to support you into making content.  That or doing commissions, but that might not be your style at all, and it depends on whether you can get people interested/

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 2

Waste of their bucking time and energy, IMO.

You may say that, but I can understand their perspective.

If they ignore breaches in copyright law it gives a precedent for allowing others to do worse and then go "well [x] did it, so why can't we?!", which could possibly lead to them loosing out in the long run.

Its harsh, but unfortunately its how the system works. 

• Brohoof 2