Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are Megan McCarthy and MA Larson the only ones who write Twilight stories?

Sidral Mundet

So ever since Season 3, and given the recent announcement Larson is going to be writing Amending Fences, I've noticed a trend in the episodes that have Twilight as the main lead (ie, all her normal SoL episodes as well as the two-parters), they've all been written by either M.A. Larson or Megan McCarthy outside of Season 1.  Now while I don't mind, I do find it rather odd that all the other characters get multiple writers to interpret their characters, strengths and what have you, yet not Twilight.  Yes there have been other writers to help co-write, but the only times that I recall a Twilight story not written by these two were the first three episodes (written by Lauren with help by AKR on Ticket Master) and Feeling Pinkie Keen (written by Dave Polsky and a...polarizing episode to say the least) I'm just curious as to why this is happening, and what are your thoughts on the matter. 

I feel like it's a bit like in games, whereas the non-Twilight episodes can be considered side-quests and other missions to complete that aren't as related to the main plotline as the Twilight episodes, which can be related to canon missions that progress the story greatly. Ofcourse, this doesn't completely make sense, but I like to think of it as such.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like it's a bit like in games, whereas the non-Twilight episodes can be considered side-quests and other missions to complete that aren't as related to the main plotline as the Twilight episodes, which can be related to canon missions that progress the story greatly. Ofcourse, this doesn't completely make sense, but I like to think of it as such.

^this. I was gonna write my opinion on it down, but this captures it all and more

• Brohoof 1

So ever since Season 3, and given the recent announcement Larson is going to be writing Amending Fences, I've noticed a trend in the episodes that have Twilight as the main lead (ie, all her normal SoL episodes as well as the two-parters), they've all been written by either M.A. Larson or Megan McCarthy outside of Season 1.  Now while I don't mind, I do find it rather odd that all the other characters get multiple writers to interpret their characters, strengths and what have you, yet not Twilight.  Yes there have been other writers to help co-write, but the only times that I recall a Twilight story not written by these two were the first three episodes (written by Lauren with help by AKR on Ticket Master) and Feeling Pinkie Keen (written by Dave Polsky and a...polarizing episode to say the least) I'm just curious as to why this is happening, and what are your thoughts on the matter.

I think that Mitch and Meg are the only two that Hasbro trusts to write Twi the way they envision her. I realize that the fandom sees it differently,but at least to Hasbro, Twilight Sparkle is the flagship character of the franchise.

yo could your text be any more flamboyant

Anyways this actually describes it pretty well. These two are (I think, I may be wrong) the new showrunners and thus control overall plot of a season, and since Twilight is essentially the pendulum on which all of a season will swing (sorry other girls but you're not as important) the showrunners probably want to maintain total control over her episodes.

• Brohoof 1