Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc 'Nightdrive' OOC (Need RP-ers!)

~Rogue~

(edited)
Welcome to the Nightdrive OOC thread, where we discuss the going-ons of the 'Nightdrive' RP located here.

'Nightdrive' is different to other roleplaying, as it takes place in a futuristic Equestria with fast cars and cyberpunkish technology.

A few things before we get started.

You should submit your character here before you get started posting. That way, everybody can see what your character looks like, how he or she acts, and it would make it generally easier for other people to visualize you and your character. 

I'm hoping maybe one or two of you guys use an actual canon character from the show. I'm not saying you shouldn't use your OC for this RP, but having a few canon characters here and there makes the story more interesting. If you want to use your OC, I don't mind.

On another note, this has a darker story compared to the show, so you may want to revise your character a bit and make sure they fit in to the story. Having a character who is happy-go-lucky in a world with darkness and sadness doesn't really fit with the RP. That being said, your character doesn't have to be a ruthless murderer with absolutely no emotion. There is a balance between the two the makes a good character. This RP won't follow physics either, meaning ponies can somehow still change gears and steer a driving wheel all without hands.

You don't have to be a driver either, you can fit into the RP in anyway possible. Do as you please, just try your best not to kill each other off...

If you wish to sign up, here is an example

Name: Cassette
Vehicle: Ferrari Testarossa

Personality: Although he can't deal with any pressure in the living world, when he drives all of that fear fades away. He's quite serious about driving, but doesn't care about any real prize, other than forgiveness.

Backstory: An Ex-Professional Racer, he retired due to an accident he caused while in 1st place, which he still feels guilty for. Because of this, he has slight paranoia and feels uneasy talking about his past.

I've started using colored text to signal conversations between two characters. Each character has a unique colour.

Cassette - Blue

Wildfire - Brown

Soprano - Red

Bulwark - Light Green

Celestia - Grey

They are not necessities, but I recommend using them as it makes it easier for readers to tell apart the characters during conversation.

Now with all the formalities out of the way...

---Let's Ride---
Edited by Nights~

Sounds like shadowrun I'm in.( Name: Scrambled eggs, Age:27, Race: Unicorn, Personality: He's a person with realistic expectations. Living in the crime filled streets of downtown does that to a person. He is a person who likes to observe his surroundings and how it would best suite his current objectives. He however can be friendly and he prefers making a persons life better if he can, Backstory: Living in an area with a high crime rate destined him to join one of the many groups out there. Rising the ranks of the bulwarks gang he proved he was tough enough to tame the streets. Eventually he systematically wiped out his gang after some plans went a stray. Now a vigilante he does what he wants when he wants and money is his top priority, Appearance: He's a decently built unicorn with a khaki coat and brown eyes. His mane and beard are both black. He prefers wearing a full bodied armored suit and helmet. He's well known for doing so earning the nickname bulwark after his former gang.) Sorry if this seems like a mess I'm on mobile most of the time.

I'm in

Welcome aboard! First of all, how is Bulwark going to fit in with the roleplay? Is he a driver, a passenger, or something else?

I probably need a passenger at some point too, I'm not forcing you to pick me, you can go on your own drive if you want, but I'm just giving you the option to.

Sorry if this seems like a mess I'm on mobile most of the time.

Don't worry, there was once a time where I had to use my phone to post on the forums as well!

He's an investor/sponsor, he initially funds his racer of choice in hopes that his racer becomes successful enough to payback his investment. So he's sorta like a manager and independant business pony. One that is well known to be a pony not to cross.

On another note this is really well thought out and decently immersive. I do hope more people join this and stick with the genre. Cause I love the setting and the casually grim dark feel.

On another note this is really well thought out and decently immersive. I do hope more people join this and stick with the genre. Cause I love the setting and the casually grim dark feel.

I've already saved 4 Notepad documents and made a 'Nightdrive' folder on my computer, and I have been planning it out for a bit, but decided to start it today. I have a few things planned to spice up the RP if needed, and a bunch of empty slots. I just need more people to fill them!

(edited)

Well then, here's Soprano:

Name: Soprano Aurora, Esquire.

Sex: Male

Personality: Socially awkward in many cases, sometimes getting out of control messing around. He lacks charisma, but can still get along with certain people.

Appearance / Species: Yellow coat, orange mane. Pegasus (can not fly well / at all)

Backstory (TL;DR'd): Was born on Earth, is an Equestrian castaway. Got in a conflict with changeling, ended up 1/4, yadda yadda yadda. Nothing tragic apart from the Castaway Incident and the Changeling Incident.

Notes: Can switch between human and pegasus forms freely.

Edited by SopranoAurora

Update!

I've started using colored text to signal conversations between two characters. Each character has a unique colour.

Cassette - Blue

Wildfire - Brown

Soprano - Red

Bulwark - Light Green

Celestia - Grey

They are not necessities, but I recommend using them as it makes it easier for readers to tell apart the characters during conversation.

I will update the colors in the OP as more people join, and other characters are introduced.

Despite my best efforts to make this RP much more lively, it seems like it will not take off as I planned. I will attempt a last hurrah to hopefully make this RP more popular, but if that does fail, I will have to postpone or even cancel the RP until more people join in the OOC. It would be quite boring to have only 3 perspectives on the same side rather than multiple points of view.

But do not fret! If the RP does not continue, I may take it upon myself to write it as a Fan-Fiction, and have some of the people that have already joined add ideas to the story.

The way I think it, a Roleplay experience is like writing a collective Fan-Fiction, where the participants all write a chapter from their point of view. Although it may seem the RP will disappear, it is merely being downgraded into a self-written story. 

It may be saved through the power of advertising. This post will bump the thread to the top of the OOC, and a new title change can hopefully attract more people to RP with us.

That's all

-RN

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

This looks like a fun rp to bite into lol im thinking of throwing in my main OC cresent. Him being a vampony could help play the darker tone you might be aiming for. again your call but still it'll be nice to flex in more advanced RPs