Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Restless Arm Syndrome

Justin_Case001

I'm sure most of you have heard of Restless Leg Syndrome, but did you know that you can (apparently) get that in your arms?  I have it.  It's an off and on thing I've had since I was a young teenager.  Many nights I will feel an unconrollable, insatiable desire to move my arms.  It's like a creepy-crawly feeling that makes you want to start violently thrashing around.  It makes it impossible to relax.  It's actually quite agonizing, really.  The only way I've ever been able to cope is to get out of bed and do pushups until I collapse from exhaustion, then wait to cool down and get back in bed.  Then it usually stops and I get to sleep okay.

Anyone else have Restless Arm Syndrome?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My mom has had Restless Leg Syndrome for a long time and it dosen't surprise me that it is possible to get this in your arms as well. The way you described your symptoms is very similar to the way my mom describes her except with the obvious difference of it being in her legs instead of her arms.

If you have an urge to do one specific thing with your arm, especially when alone, it's not a condition, it's just puberty.

I think Restless Hand Syndrome would be a more accurate way to describe that "condition", of course it would be rather unique as I can't think of any other "condition" where people can actually produce their own "ointment". 

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

Every now and then I get restless leg syndrome. My first encounter with it was during a car trip in 2006.  I was riding in the back seat and had very little space to move my legs and it was driving me nuts.  It's occurred a few more times since then. 

I personally haven't heard of it happening to arms as well but I can definitely believe it!  :o