Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

airsoft in mlpveres?

cwhip9

So I have a hunch I'm not the only airsofting brony on here, as iv been catching up and helping my team get ready for our upcoming big game (look up rednecks and gentleman airsoft team if your curious, or anything related to airsoft if you don't know anything on it) an fan fic for my OC is kicking in my head and I keep hitting a wall. what's the wall cwhip9?

the pony equivalent to airsoft is______
so far the only thing I can think up is jousting and even then we don't see that in the show.

cement away and hopefully we can help each other out if I'm not the only one trying to find this answer
much thanks and brony on    

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

bows and arrows? weve seen them use it during canterlot games

but instead of pointy ones maybe your fic can use nerf arrows

Edited by Alto

(edited)

I was fairly big into airsoft and still have all my original gear. I bought all of my guns used for cheap and then modified them heavily (complete re-wiring, gear angle correction, home-soldered mosfets to support 11.1v lipo batteries, r-hop mod; also did simple things like swapping out stock motors for high torque ones, higher powered springs, and installing tight bore barrels).

I haven't played in an actual game for over a year, but if something ends up breaking down next time I do play, I have enough parts to repair it at least 4 times over.

I only have 4 guns (compared to some 20+ I have seen other people have), but I have dumped a lot of time into fine tuning them.

My first "decent" gun that I created is an m16 platform (but has a 14" rail system) with a long 21" (?) tightbore barrel masked by a suppressor (as wells as every mod mentioned above). Last time I fine tuned the r-hop and used it with a 11.1v lipo, it got 8" groupings at 375ft (might have been more) at 18rps and at 400fps with .25g bb (but I use .28 on the field)

My go-to secondary is a high-capa 1911 that I have 5 25rd magazines and 2 50rd magazines to go with it (used propane as propellant, green gas lowers fps by about 15% and also lubes the barrel, which you do not want: especially for a tightbore). I lubed and cleaned it frequently when I played. I did a few spring mods, installed an extended tight bore barrel that stuck out 6" and masked it with a suppressor. Did some other hop up mods on it as well. I don't remember exactly what fps it shot or what the range was like, but it was good enough for me to make it a primary (pistol only) every few games or so (played outdoors only).

I have only every played outdoor games in large wooded areas, just because I find it easier to sit still and listen/look at my surroundings. I used to used a woodland based uniform setup, but have moved to flecktarn in recent years.

Edited by AppleCore

Airsoft and paintball in mlp is the best idea since sliced bread, I could see an entire episode based on the mane 6 playing paintball\airsoft, if you ever need any pony (or animatronic) to draw your oc in airsoft gear let me know in pm

• Brohoof 1