Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greetings & Salutations from Novel Idea.

Novel Idea

Some of you may know of me already. I'm Novel Idea, the Executive Producer, Lead Designer & Creative Director of the Manehattan Project, the group behind "Gardens of Equestria: This Coming Storm" for Fallout: New Vegas, "Gardens of Equestria: Smuggler's Run" for Fallout: New Vegas, "Gardens of Equestria: Racing Apotheosis" for Fallout 4 and finally the audiobook "Fallout: Equestria (The Manehattan Edition). 

To give you a general idea (and things have evolved quite a bit from this original teaser trailer), here is the Teaser Trailer for when it was just named "Gardens of Equestria."

I'm the crazy one who started this entire endeavor, which ironically began from an injury sustained at the end of January 2015.

But I do want to say I'm here for a purpose. I am scouring the internet, seeking any and all who might be interested in making Gardens of Equestria a reality. The scope of the project is enormous: a fully story-driven experience involving the invasion of the Equestrian Wasteland around the area of what was once known as New Vegas. All the characters are voice-acted, we have a complete worldspace about the side of Big MT from Old World Blues, with custom weapons, armor, models, artwork, music and a heck of a lot more.

If you're interested and want to learn more, head on over to Gardens of Equestria. And if you're interested in joining the team, just click this link. However, you may want to email us instead as our form has been a little wonky. 

Now...as to the origins of GoE! (I should note this was written before the Fallout 4 announcement at E3)

“Gardens of Equestria” had very humble beginnings. After an injury rendered me unable to read or play certain games without pain, I decided I needed a new audiobook and on a whim began listening to “Fallout: Equestria.” I found it a lot better than I expected and of course, I felt this compulsion to play Fallout 3 for the first time in several years. Luckily, this was one of the few games that didn’t hurt to play.

I managed to find JHawk1666’s Pony Texture Pack Plus and loved it. My favorite is still the Ministry of Peace first aid kit.So when I completed Fallout 3 to my satisfaction, I decided to head into Fallout: New Vegas only to discover JHawk1666 had never gotten around to porting it over.

I contacted him through the Nexus and we struck up a conversation after asking his permission to port the mod (which was far easier than expected). He was incredibly helpful and supportive during the entire process, answering my endless inane questions.

And then one day, an idea struck me: “What would happen if the people in Fallout noticed the sudden change? How would they react to Pony-related stuff appearing all over the Mojave…but more importantly…why did it happen?”

So began the first story-driven Fallout: Equestria/Fallout: New Vegas mod.

Story’s always been very important to me. It’s how I think, being an author myself. But I didn’t want to just yank the story of Fallout: Equestria into New Vegas. I wanted something different, something special. That got me to thinking why Fallout: Equestria was so compelling. It didn’t take long to figure out: characters. Every one of the characters is brilliantly developed and written.

That brought me to another game with brilliant characters: Mass Effect 2. There’s a scene in the launch trailer for ME2 during the final attack on the Collector’s Base where every member of the Normandy’s crew lines up side by side with assault rifles and holds the line against the onrush of the Collectors. That’s what I wanted. So that’s what I went for.

But the best was yet to come. One day, on a whim, I decided to ask some of my friends if they were interested in working on this with me. To my utter shock and surprise, several people jumped at the chance. Before I knew it, I had a script engineer, an audio director and an extremely experienced voice actress. We added a few more friends and acquaintances and now we have a team of eight.

We have our own little game studio and somehow I ended up the Lead Designer! Crazy, eh?

Here’s what’s most important to me about Gardens of Equestria: I want this to be a unique, story-driven experience with powerful voiced characters, great plot twists, exciting action and fun Fallout: Equestria references. It’s something different than what the amazing Overmare Studios is doing with the Fallout: Equestria game (which I cannot wait to play). In fact, I don’t think it’s ever been done before.

The best part? There’s plenty of rumors about the coming announcement of Fallout 4 at Bethesda’s first E3 Press Conference. I’m crossing my fingers here because the idea of bringing the full might of an upgraded Skyrim engine to bear on Gardens of Equestria is a dream come true. While it’ll mean a lot of work…it’ll also mean some totally awesome stuff.

So stick around. I think you’ll like what we have planned.

-Novel Idea – Lead Designer & Creative Director of “The Manehattan Project”

Edited by Novel Idea
  • Brohoof 3

Hi =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) and welcome to this land of happy ponies =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) and happy pony friends =)=)=)=)=)=)=) of MLP Forums =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) I hope you can be happy pony here with us =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) meeting many pony friends here =)=)=)=)=)=) enjoying the happy times =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) and having lots of fun =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) if you have any questions feel free to ask YAAAYY =)=)=)=)=)

• Brohoof 3

Oh wow, this is quite the story. :o A rather long read too. So you are a leader designer on these many different projects? That is really neat. :3 Sounds like you have tons of ambition and spark, that is always awesome. I wish you luck with all of your endeavours.

Welcome to the forums buddy! 

Thank you so much for joining us! Hope to see you around more! :lol: If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;) 

• Brohoof 4

Hello there and welcome to the forums. It is great to have you here     :). Don't be afraid of jumping in     :D. I hope you have a wonderful time here and make a lot of friends     :squee: 

sig-4010944.sig-4010169.sig-4010103.sig-

• Brohoof 2

post-31081-0-17680300-1420351588_thumb.png

Hi again Novel Idea, and how do you do? :3 Welcome to the forums! mlp-tgrin.png It's great to have you here, and everypony would be happy to show you around or help with whatever if you wish~ :kindness: I hope you enjoy your stay in this friendly community, and possibly meet some people here that could join your team! :squee:

And this is looking seriously impressive so far, I must say! :o A lot of effort and care seems to be going into these projects... I'm sure that this will pay off greatly in the end! :D

medium.gif
Also, a random cute pony site for you; not sure if it's your cup of tea, but it can be nice to look into when you're running low of cuteness or feeling down or bored. :blush:
http://www.ponymindbleach.com/

• Brohoof 2

Oh wow, this is quite the story. :o A rather long read too. So you are a leader designer on these many different projects? That is really neat. :3 Sounds like you have tons of ambition and spark, that is always awesome. I wish you luck with all of your endeavours.

Welcome to the forums buddy! 

Thank you so much for joining us! Hope to see you around more! :lol: If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;)

Ambitious...crazy...same thing. ^^ Thank you. :)

• Brohoof 3