Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset's Shimmer

Thought up a little game based on an acting exercise I learned at my Improv class called "one word story".

StoryTeller

sig-4033855.sig-4033855.sig-4033855.sig-

:adorkable: It's the name of the game :adorkable:

Rules: I'll start a story.

You add to it.

Simple as that.

Please try to keep it Pg-13 or under.

No threadjacking, this is a communal game.

Differentiate between story and general talk by using "colors" "italics" or (Parentheses)

Don't be afraid to do something bold, if you want to write a paragraph, go for it!

If you only want to write a couple words, that's cool too.

Have fun, this is a game!

Example:

Me: I was walking down the sidewalk, when I spotted an alligator.

Random poster #1: The alligator peered at me through squinted reptilian eyes.

Random poster #2: Just then a wild Twinkie appeared. (yeah, that's right, you heard me a twinkie.)

Random poster #3: It was a spaghetti western standoff, me, the alligator, and the Twinkie. Seriously, a twinkie?

Random poster #4: The silence was palpable.

Random poster #2: The alligator suddenly went into cardiac arrest, "We need to get him to the hospital!", said the alarmed Twinkie. (What's wrong with Twinkies?)

Random poster #5: We ran down the street. Well I ran, the Twinkie was being carried by his elemental slave, the tough Djinn, Larry.

Random poster #6: Time was ticking, we only had moments. I know my alien girlfriend was waiting at that Italian bistro in midtown. The alligator had to come first, his life is at stake. I'm sure she'll understand, I thought. I dunno, I think Twinkies are cool.

Um, yeah. You get the picture.

I'll be adding everyone's pieces to a "mane story post" when I'm online.

-*Mane Story*-

Story prompt: (http://www.springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/plototron.htm)

A brainy singer accidentally saves an army of monsters and swallows a lost city.

Shimmerlicious-->Demirari-->Yoshikupo-->AURAequine-->Shimmerlicious-->AURAequine-->Yoshikupo-->Shimmerlicious-->

Yoshikupo-->Shimmerlicious

Prologue

I look up, the sky is barren. It's always barren. I was born to a noble houshold, a haven if you will. My name is Ho-Favre, and I am counting the grains of Doru sand.

"Seven..eight..nine", I whispered to myself.

"Two-hundred-and-fifty-eight.. wait," I scratched my head in confusion, "why am I counting grains of sand? Oh man, it had already been an hour!"

"You were building it for me, dunce!" a small sand man says hitting her in the back of the head "now look outside to see why you need me again"

"No need to be so mean.." she said as she walked slowly towards the open window "And my name isn't Dunce.. It's Ho-Favre.." She looked up and gazed into the horizon.. A dusty, barren land lay before her.. Ho-Favre sighs..

"I miss the trees, the grass.. Why did this have to happen.. Everything is gone.." she said softly, a tear falls down her face..

"That is why...", the sand man says in a sad tone. "I'm sorry Ho-Favre. You know that time isn't on our side."

The outside is the same as it is everyday, wisps of dust of what used to be pylons, structures of an ancient society long passed. It's always dusk it seems, she contemplates, softly weeping. The wind howled, and to me it sounded like a forlorn melody of suffering. It brought a sense of melancholic solace. This world needs a change. But change, it seems, always takes time.

"I don't get it.. What exactly is this hourglass thing meant to do anyway.." She said looking back at the center of the room.. piles of shimmering silver sands surround a large hourglass with a crystal rim..

"It is said.. When the grains of the Doru hourglass fall..  Time near will stand still, while time away will move on.." Said the Sandman..

"So, like.. some sort of time travel?" Ho-Favre said with a puzzled look "That can't help us.. Even if it did work we traveled thousands of years into the future.. there's go guarantee that this land will heal.. we'll fix that thing later.. after we find out what's causing all this and stop it.."

"Oh sure, go out into the harsh endless barrens.. you'll be just fine, won't you.." Says the Sandman sarcastically..

"Go ahead Miss big and strong.."

"Well I'm definitely bigger than you, you barely reach up to my knee.." sneered Ho-Favre "Oh, and I'm not going alone..", She picks up the sandman by back of his pale gold robe with her teeth and started walking towards the open window..

"Put, me, down!" shouted the sandman "Unhand me this instant!"

Ho-Favre leaps through the opening, and lands outside.. the warm sand gathers at her hooves.. the winds gust, shifting her long auburn mane... She looks off into the horizon.. Their journey into these desolate lands has only just begun..

Chapter 1

"Come on! you don't know whats out there, time travel is the best answer and you didn't even build me all the way!" the sand man yelled as a scorpion approached the mare

"Pony is a taste I haven't had in a while, its so rare nowadays," it said as it closed in on her.

"Do something...", the sandman whispered to Ho Favre.

"I would but...", Ho Favre whispers back with a sense of uncertainy.

The scorpion, started smiling and began inching closer in a predatory fashion.

"But what?!", the sandman glared at Ho Favre.

"Well, I kiiiiind of left my bag and supplies back at the household," Ho Favre winced apathetically.

"You did- wait now- are you telling me that...," the sand man trailed off.

"Yes," Ho Favre gulped in fear.

"RUN!" The sand man screamed. They both panicked, and started running in the opposite direction back towards the household.

"Where is it?" they both gasped in unison. The Household had entirely dissipated.

"That's why I didn't want you to go! the house would be almost lost forever...we could still find it, it will be a struggle with all this sand" The sand man said "let me go into the sand, its risky but it might work"

She knelt down and let him slide off her tail.

"Be careful," Said Ho Favre, with a look of caution in her eyes."

The sandman shot her a whimsical look.

"You should listen to yourself sometime," He commented. "Really, I'm not the one who needs to be careful"

Then with a roll of his eyes, he dissipated into a wisp of dust.

Edited by Shimmerlicious
  • Brohoof 2

"No need to be so mean.." she said as she walked slowly towards the open window "And my name isn't Dunce.. It's Ho-Favre.."

She looked up and gazed into the horizon.. A dusty, barren land lay before her.. Ho-Favre sighs..

"I miss the trees, the grass.. Why did this have to happen.. Everything is gone.." she said softly, a tear falls down her face..

Edited by AURAequine

"That is why...", the sand man says in a sad tone. "I'm sorry Ho-Favre. You know that time isn't on our side."

The outside is the same as it is everyday, wisps of dust of what used to be pylons, structures of an ancient society long passed. It's always dusk it seems, she contemplates, softly weeping. The wind howled, and to me it sounded like a forlorn melody of suffering. It brought a sense of melancholic solace. This world needs a change. But change, it seems, always takes time.

"I don't get it.. What exactly is this hourglass thing meant to do anyway.." She said looking back at the center of the room.. piles of shimmering silver sands surround a large hourglass with a crystal rim..

"It is said.. When the grains of the Doru hourglass fall..  Time near will stand still, while time away will move on.." Said the Sandman..

"So, like.. some sort of time travel?" Ho-Favre said with a puzzled look "That can't help us.. Even if it did work we traveled thousands of years into the future.. there's go guarantee that this land will heal.. we'll fix that thing later.. after we find out what's causing all this and stop it.."

"Oh sure, go out into the harsh endless barrens.. you'll be just fine, won't you.." Says the Sandman sarcastically.. "Go ahead Miss big and strong.."

"Well I'm definitely bigger than you, you barely reach up to my knee.." sneered Ho-Favre "Oh, and I'm not going alone.."

She picks up the sandman by back of his pale gold robe with her teeth and started walking towards the open window..

"Put, me, down!" shouted the sandman "Unhand me this instant!"

Ho-Favre leaps through the opening, and lands outside.. the warm sand gathers at her hooves.. the winds gust, shifting her long auburn mane..

She looks off into the horizon.. Their journey into these desolate lands has only just begun..

Edited by AURAequine

"come on! you don't know whats out there, time travel is the best answer and you didn't even build me all the way!" the sand man yelled as a scorpion approached the mare "pony is a taste I haven't had in a while, its so rare nowadays" it said as it closed in on her

• Brohoof 1

"Do something...", the sandman whispered to Ho Favre.

"I would but...", Ho Favre whispers back with a sense of uncertainy.

The scorpion, started smiling and began inching closer in a predatory fashion.

"But what?!", the sandman glared at Ho Favre.

"Well, I kiiiiind of left my bag and supplies back at the household," Ho Favre winced apathetically.

"You did- wait now- are you telling me that...," the sand man trailed off.

"Yes," Ho Favre gulped in fear.

"RUN!" The sand man screamed. They both panicked, and started running in the opposite direction back towards the household.

"Where is it?" they both gasped in unison. The Household had entirely dissipated.

"That's why I didn't want you to go! the house would be almost lost forever...we could still find it, it will be a struggle with all this sand" The sand man said "let me go into the sand, its risky but it might work"

• 2 weeks later...

She knelt down and let him slide off her tail.

"Be careful," Said Ho Favre, with a look of caution in her eyes."

The sandman shot her a whimsical look.

"You should listen to yourself sometime," He commented. "Really, I'm not the one who needs to be careful"

Then with a roll of his eyes, he dissipated into a wisp of dust.

a little bit later Ho Favre felt like the wind was getting stronger "I hope he comes soon" once she said that a light that was coming closer to her, which see almost could guarantee was the sandman "Favre I found the house but hurry, the sand is picking up and we don't know what creatures come out during the night...maybe you could come to your senses and help with the time travel and building me" he said rather rudely then the light started going in the direction of the house

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...