open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

Rhetoric merely listened in. This was mostly between the two mares now, he was simply along for the ride. Which was fine by him... maybe he could now catch up with Trixie. Who knew, maybe he could convince her to come along too

That was of course if he could fix their relationship... He had royally screwed it up... 

"Back then, there weren't really any buildings or structures. The place you call Bangcolt was just a series of poorly built wooden structures that had been adandoned by one of the tribes. Earth ponies and Pegasi were nomads that lived wherever they could find food. Mostly near each other," she finished, as she struggled to remember. "I was in the unicorn tribe for a long time, where the mountains that lead to Canterlot begin," she finished.

Starlight nodded slowly, paying attention to Terra. Getting a location was a good start.

"So, the bass of the Canterlot mountain," She muttered, then looked up at the mare, "That's a long trip... are you sure you want to do this? Travelling back that far in time might be risky."

@@Fractured,

Ice nodded at her explanation of how her gem was doing. He was apparently very interested in it, "Cool. Sounds like you've been making progress." When she asked him about his real reason to be there, he smiled, "Well, that's actually part of the reason. You see, I wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. I mean, it's been a week since we last talked, and I was wondering...I dunno, if you wanted to grab a drink? If you're not too busy." He felt less nervous on the inside, and didn't show any major signs of nerves as oppsed to the other times he's talked to her.

@@Unicorncob,@@Fractured,

Rhetoric took this moment to speak up "Excuse me, while I have little business going on this, I would like to see this too the end. However before I go, I have a...former friend who I must see. And if all goes well she may come with us. If I may, I would like to go speak to her now?"  

He began to brace himself for the fallout with Trixie, but even if she rejected his apology he had to try. He owed her that much at least. 

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"I'll try as hard as I can to protect you, if we have to fight," Terra replied. "But, as far as wanting to go back... after living all of these years, i've wanted nothing more than to discover who I am, and who did this to me. If this is the only option, then I want to take it, whatever the risk may be," she finished confidently. In truth the idea scared her to no end, both the trip, and the discovery that lay at the end. But, to her, the idea of doing nothing was still infinitely. It seemed like that was all she had ever done.

---------

"I'm sorry, Ice Blizzard. On most days, i'd really love to, but working on La Clochette has become a top priority after the incident a few weeks ago. I wasn't being completely honest the first time round," she admitted shamefully. "The truth is, I don't know where to start off again. And there's another problem," she said after a pause. "I think... it's mutating."

@@Fractured,

Ice smiled contently, "Hey, that's not a problem. I understand you have stuff to take care of. I mean, as long as you're happy, then I don't see any problems. I mean, that's what I was really most afraid of to be honest. Whether or not you'd still be okay after all of that. I mean, nothing upsets me more than to see a pony that I care about being sad, so don't worry about it, ok? I know you're busy and wouldn't wanna disrupt you. Speaking of which..." He then focused on what she said at the end of all that. Mutating? What could that mean? "Mutating? What? That doesn't sound....um.....safe. Um, do you think you could show me what you mean?"

"I'll try as hard as I can to protect you, if we have to fight," Terra replied. "But, as far as wanting to go back... after living all of these years, i've wanted nothing more than to discover who I am, and who did this to me. If this is the only option, then I want to take it, whatever the risk may be," she finished confidently. In truth the idea scared her to no end, both the trip, and the discovery that lay at the end. But, to her, the idea of doing nothing was still infinitely. It seemed like that was all she had ever done.

Starlight nodded, a confident smirk crossing her face. "I can take care of myself, but the extra help wouldn't go unappreciated."

She fixed her smirk onto Terra. "The three of us will see this home of yours, in some shape or form. You can take my word on that."

@J.R.

"Sure," Rarity replied. She led him over to the back room, where the machine that held La Clochette was running softly. Pulling up a microscope, she beckoned Ice Blizzard to examine it.

"You'll be able to see the crystals structure if you look into it. How you see it now is how it is normally supposed to look; magic slowly flows in through the crystals matrices in a dedecahedronal pattern, forming a self containing lock of energy over every matrice until the crystal is fully charged. When you need to use it, one can simply use their own magic to reverse the locks one at a time, giving themselves energy until the crystal runs out of power. That's how it works... or how it's supposed to work."

@@Fractured,

Ice took a look under the microscope, turning the knob a little to zoom in on it, "Yep. I see what you mean." He looked back up at her, "But now show me....what exactly is the problem with the thing? Because I know crystals, I mean my entire lifestyle came from a crystal. So I think if should be able to tell what's wrong...."

He flipped to a page in his grandfather's book, "...And if I can't, then grandad can," he said with a smirk.

@@Fractured@@Unicorncob,

Rhetoric smiled "Great! I hopefully won't be long, wish me luck if you could..." without waiting for them to do so he trotted off to Trixie's abode and without even allowing himself to prepare himself he knocked on the door

Oh please... Beatrix... be home... 

He found himself breaking a sweat, this friendship thing wasn't exactly easy. 

@J.R.

"Okay," Rarity replied. Gently stepping forward, she wrapped the crystal up in her own magic, then concentrated.

"Look through the microscope at the crystal's matrices." She began to focus, by choice dredging up dark memories for the purpose of the experiment. As the memories filled her with a scope of emotions anywhere from irritating to haunting, the crystal began to react. Energy began to race down the crystal's through her magic, solid black in structure and moving quickly.

"It's... reacting to emotional energy," she gritted out, already getting tired from the exertion. She stopped briefly, leaving the crystal in the machine, ugly black spots now marring the once blue structure. "And much faster than it would by magic. It's using it as an energy source," she finished.

-------

@The Down Trotten

Trixie had been absentmindedly resorting the shelves for the fifteenth time. She at first hesitated to open it, but she knew that with the way customers had been scarce as of lately, she would need to take any money that she could get. She walked slowly to the door, and opened it.

"Hi. Welcome to Trixie's Tricks and shops... oh, it's you," she muttered listlessly. "Come in, Rhetoric," she said gestured to the inside of her now remarkably clean shop."

---------

@Unicorncob

"Thank you," she breathed gratefully. A curious thought suddenly filled her head at Starlight's words, however. "If we encounter any unicorns back then, they'll likely be much more powerful than they are now. After the princesses took up the role of Equestria's defenders and began to move the sun and moon, most unicorns turned to other, less magic strenuous tasks, and their power began to decline. But, you don't seem worried. I assume, then, that you're strong in your own right?" 

Hi. Welcome to Trixie's Tricks and shops... oh, it's you," she muttered listlessly. "Come in, Rhetoric," she said gestured to the inside of her now remarkably clean shop."

Rhetoric plodded in slowly, a bit surprised at her rather low-key response . "Trixie... I" he tried to start then stopped 

Walking in a few steps he began again "Trixie, I'm sorry. Its the only thing that's really worth saying right now. Can you forgive me, I was trying to protect you ..." 

@@Fractured,

Ice looked carefully at the crystal through the microscope. He had never seen anything like this before, and it shocked him, "Woah....um....that's unprecedented....um.....I have no idea what that means....let me check grandad's book...." He flipped through the pages. As with his ancestral bloodline, crystals were a major fascination among them, as it's what prompted his mother to be a jeweler.

"There's gotta be something....." he flipped through the pages until he found something similar to what she was talking about, "Oh no.....it's been corrupted....." he showed her a tattered page with an 'X' symbol, "According to what some legends....some crystals can become unknowingly corrupted via a dark energy source nearby. It can be either internal and grow or external. And from there it could be either natural or artificial. Grandpa used to document these types of things, and one of the reasons why he disappeared was related to such a crystal."

He looked at her, "This may not be exactly the same, but is for sure is similar, because whenever he or his squad would express emotion, it'd change color." He flipped to a tattered chart, "Envy would turn it to a jade color, love would turn it hot pink, anger would make it red, happiness would make it yellow, and purity made it white. This sounds a heck of a lot similar, and when grandpa found it, it occurred naturally in and around the Land Of Ice where I grew up. He eventually decided to call it the 'Chameleon Stone' because like chameleons, it changes color based on emotions."

He flipped to another page with beakers, "He would conduct tests on them for usage in some sort of...psychological warfare to make enemy ponies uncontrollably feel emotions when it was time for an interrogation. And according to what he put here, it says that there is a way the properties can be altered to conform to how you see fit." He kept reading, "But...that would require...." he was scared to finish his sentence as what his grandfather wrote was too scary.

"Thank you," she breathed gratefully. A curious thought suddenly filled her head at Starlight's words, however. "If we encounter any unicorns back then, they'll likely be much more powerful than they are now. After the princesses took up the role of Equestria's defenders and began to move the sun and moon, most unicorns turned to other, less magic strenuous tasks, and their power began to decline. But, you don't seem worried. I assume, then, that you're strong in your own right?" 

Starlight nodded, fully aware of how powerful unicorns once were, and raised her head with a proud smirk.

"Not to brag or anything," she answered, "but my magic is powerful enough to match Princess Twilight Sparkle herself. I'll be able to defend myself, and the two of you, should it come to that."

The thought of doing battle with the powerful unicorns of the past just served to excite her even more.

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"Back then, there weren't really any buildings or structures. The place you call Bangcolt was just a series of poorly built wooden structures that had been adandoned by one of the tribes. Earth ponies and Pegasi were nomads that lived wherever they could find food. Mostly near each other," she finished, as she struggled to remember. "I was in the unicorn tribe for a long time, where the mountains that lead to Canterlot begin," she finished.

-------

@J.R.

"It's doing great, actually. I haven't been able to replicate the success that I had with it over the last few weeks, but it's running at 73%, and the duplicates are all running at 40% projected efficiency, which is much more than I expected for a few weeks of work. I can't say i'll be done anytime soon, but I can't complain about the progress," she finished. She looked at Ice Blizzard intently. "But, you didn't really come here to talk about La Clochette, did you?"

-------

@AmberDust

"There's a field next to the forest, and I don't think it's too far from here," Rain Shadow replied. "About half a mile east, outside of the city. Do you think that'll be big enough?" she asked. Having no idea of Amber Dust's capabilities, she wasn't sure. Unicorn magic, in her experience, tended to be unstable when first used, and the last thing she wanted was her new friend winding up half-in, half-out of a building, if she could help it in any way.

Amber chuckled.

"Just how awful do you think I am?" she joked, raising an eyebrow at the other mare. "I'm not about to teleport to the moon!" All kidding aside, Amber smiled at the mare and nodded.

"That should be plenty of space," she said.

As she prepared to wheel the wiffle-ball machine outside, she began thinking about Bangcolt.

"I wonder if anypony else is out training," she thought aloud. The whole time she had been here, she'd only seen one other pony who wasn't a local, but she knew there had to be more. This was the coliseum city, after all. 

"You must get a lot of very interesting ponies around here," Amber said casually, grabbing hold of the machine.

@J.R.

"Require what?" Rarity said as she blinked at him. In a second, however, she changed her mind. "No, i'm not sure I want to know," she responded in a quiet voice. "But, there is something else as well." Once again holding the crystal in a telekinetic grip, she began to roll through her memories again. This time, she focused specifically on light, happy memories. Thoughts of Sweetie Belle, and the boutique, friends and family. And, wrapped in her magic, the crystal began to respond. Bright light seeped out of it, wiping away the black spots in an instant. The entire shell flashed, then took on a light pinkish hue as it hung suspended in the air. Rarity, finished, opened her eyes.

"It reacts to positive emotion as well, and even faster than it would with the negative." She was finished with the crystal, so she put it back in the stand, where it quickly reverted back to its solid blue color. "I'm not sure what to make of it. This is beyond anything I ever expected."

-------

@Unicorncob

"You know Princess Twilight Sparkle..." she said, her voice drawing off. "I've been hating the princesses for thousands of years. All this time, I thought they were the source of all my problems, and that they lauded their powers over ponies unnecessarily. But, now, I realize I was wrong, and that, so far as I know none of it was true," she finished. She looked up at Starlight Glimmer. "What made you learn to trust them?"

-------

"You were trying to protect me?" she parroted. The anger that had been boiling inside her finally surged up, and in a tide, she let it out. "Trixie trusted you! She thought you were a friend, somepony who actually cared for her for once. But then, when Trixie had finally come to feel useful, to feel needed... you turned your back on me," she finished. The anger had finally progressed into tears, which were rolling down her cheeks as she turned away. "I finally had what I wanted... and then you took it away."

-------

"You wouldn't believe," Rain Shadow replied, also grabbing hold of the machine. "We're actually near the outskirts of the city right now. All of the crazy and exciting stuff happens in the middle." She paused to give an enormous grin. "Sorry, looks like your stuck with me for the time being. Although it's certainly safer out here than it is in there," she said with a laugh.

"You know Princess Twilight Sparkle..." she said, her voice drawing off. "I've been hating the princesses for thousands of years. All this time, I thought they were the source of all my problems, and that they lauded their powers over ponies unnecessarily. But, now, I realize I was wrong, and that, so far as I know none of it was true," she finished. She looked up at Starlight Glimmer. "What made you learn to trust them?"

Starlight blinked once as Terra asked what made her trust Princess Twilight.

Honestly, up until a little while ago, she couldn't trust Twilight as far as she could throw her. But after that talk, her opinion almost felt like it was beginning to shift.

Had she truly made that big an impact?

"It's... a long story."

"You wouldn't believe," Rain Shadow replied, also grabbing hold of the machine. "We're actually near the outskirts of the city right now. All of the crazy and exciting stuff happens in the middle." She paused to give an enormous grin. "Sorry, looks like your stuck with me for the time being. Although it's certainly safer out here than it is in there," she said with a laugh.

"That's totally fine by me!" Amber laughed. She was, in fact, quite happy to have somepony seemingly normal join her. It would have been dreadfully boring just getting bruised up on her own, nevermind dangerous...and she would rather start slow and train in relative peace than thrust herself into the whirling pit of never-ending combat that was The Arena. Still, though, she would get there eventually if all went well in training.

As they approached the clearing, Amber took a look at the machine and began to set it up. As she fiddled with the controls, she decided to get to know her gracious trainer a little better.

"Did you grow up in Bangcolt?" she asked, looking up at Rain. It seemed an appropriate starting point.

@@Fractured,

Ice read some more as she put it back, "Well from what I can tell, that's good news. It responds appropriately to emotions as I see here. This also means that you could try your best to partially refine it since most of it was already done in its natural state.." He looked at the page, realizing that Rarity may need it more than he would. He then saw a copy of the page that was loose, with notes on how the crystal would further treat itself and its user.

He shrugged, took out the piece of paper, putting it on the table, "Here, Rarity take this. This will be able to help you more than I can. It's a loose piece of paper detailing how exactly this is going to affect you the more you use it. For example it says something along the lines of becoming attached to it emotionally. It sounds something similar to the alicorn amulet, although in the form of a crystal, and not turning you evil, it instead forcing you to feel one particular emotion all of the time. The best way to avoid this is simply use it with caution."

He got up, and looked at the machine, "So what do you plan to do with this bad boy?"

@@Fractured

If you really wanted this to end quickly then one wouldn't hide away into their hiding spots... but fine... ill play along.... ​Falza thought while moving forward into Sleight's cloud of steam covering his own body with the spell ​Haze, then made it to camouflage like the mist itself. Haze is being held tight onto him from dispersing wildly away making it act like a simple barrier for other gasses concealing Falza greatly, so he also expands Haze a few meters further giving a personal but seeable space staying alert for any ranged attacks while still walking ahead slowly.

Edited by DarkusX

"I finally had what I wanted... and then you took it away."

What had he expected? A hug, forgiveness?.. Whatever it was it wasn't exactly this, and as she began to cry he was forced to sit. "Beatrix..." her real name sort of slipped out in a panic 

"Beatrix, please... Terra was mad with rage, she was going to kill you if you tried to stop her... please,  you got to believe me, your like my first real friend. 

I'm sorry I screwed up, but this is my first time at this... Do you think it was easy? Seeing your face as you thought I betrayed you? It was like a sucking chest wound"
despite his best efforts he was crying too. 

"I'm sorry... I'll just go... I'm sorry..." 

Dinggg-dading-ding

Ulis' opened the door and strutted into the dim-lit tavern. He swaggered over to a brown, rickety stool in front of the bar and plopped himself down on it. He twitched his nostril and gagged, the bar reeked of shame and morning's to regret. Boisterous banter and raving invaded his ears; the bar was unkempt and rowdy. He shook his head at all the belligerence and sighed, resting his foreleg atop the bar and his head in his hoof. He closed his eyes, appeared he'd fall asleep but he didn't. 

Ulis was a tall, bulky stallion with a stern stature, similar to a military veteran. He was poised, leaving every step with a 'thud.' He couldn't sneak up on any pony if he tried. His coat was a blanket of snow, as was his mane, streaking with turquoise. His eyes were two envied diamonds, a bright ocean blue. His muzzle was rectangular, a true stallions, though it was snubbed a little short; ironically, figuring he spoke well past his worth.

Smacking his lip together, eyes still shut, he raised a hoof and waved it, "Barkeep. Appleflank, what's top of the line?" his voice was raspy and scratchy, like a pony with the blue flu, "I need something to celebrate."

@@Fractured,

“A fellow, calls himself Maverick, offered me a pretty sum to break you out.” Fuse explained as he hurried out of the barracks down the street and turned into an alleyway, “Why? I didn’t bother asking. Maybe he did it so you’ll owe him a favor, or he just wants to get on your good side. You’d have to ask him yourself. Still… I wouldn’t trust him entirely. Something about the guy seems… off.”

@Unicorncob

"Okay... I won't ask anymore. I just wanted to know." Terra could tell in the pause that there was something the mare was hiding, or didn't want to tell her, but she let it go. Everypony was entitled to their secrets; she of all ponies knew that more than the rest. She had no right to ask.

"I'm not sure what your relationship is to them. But, I can feel it's a heavy issue; one that you don't want to talk about. I apologize."

--------

@AmberDust

"I... no. I don't remember where I grew up," she lied. Friends though they were starting out to be, she was still wary about revealing her identity; she'd found out on at least one occasion that ponies she'd thought had been by her side before fast turned her back on her when they discovered her true identity. "I was found outside the forests of Ponyville, abandoned, and raised by a nice couple that lived there. I've been living there all my life."

-------

@DarkusX

"Where did you go?" Sleight Mist feigned, attempting to fool Falza into thinking she didn't know hs location. Wanting to immediately stop any close range attacks from coming near her, she drew on her connections, locking the water molecules in the air around her. Almost instantly, a thick sheet of near frictionless ice formed on the ground around her in a ten foot radius, making it near impossible to approach any closer with losing balance and falling over. And, in addition to the mist that still hung over the arena, Falza would likely never see it coming.

--------

@Star Saber

"Off?" she grinned. "Sounds like my style. Though nopony controls me, and you can be sure to tell your boss or whoever it may be that. If he's thinking of using me as a pawn in his little games, he better be willing to make it worth my while, or he can just consider this favor a bust." She walked into the alleyway, off-handedly identifying possible escape routes as she did so; they could come in handy, if this "Maverick" was enough to shake someone with powers like Fuse.

-------

@J.R.

"Well... nothing," Rarity explained. "I'm not sure what the dangers may be in using this, but if they're as bad as you say they are, then there's certainly no point in finishing the production of this crystal. The other forms of La clochette are at least at semi-decent functional capacity; i'll just have to use those. Although..." She got a sudden gleam in her eye at a thought, and turned from La clochette back to Ice Blizzard. "I suppose it wouldn't be so bad.. if we tested it. Just once."

-------

@The Down Trotten

Something in Trixie broke at the mention of her name. "No... stay...please," she called out. "I'm sorry. I'm just confused. So much is happening, I just..." She sighed, and began again. "I just don't know. There's so many things telling me to go in so many different directions, I don't know which path to take. It was almost easier back when I was out for revenge... at least then I knew where I was going," she laughed dryly.

@@Fractured,

A smirk came to Ice's face as he stretched out his arms, "Well, I dunno. Maybe if you found someone with talent, strength, ski--oh you want me?" He chuckled, "Of course I'll help. If you wanna fight me with that thing we should find a safe place away from all the ponies. Just in case something happens."

He continued reading from his grandfather's journal, "...Hm.....Also, there's a list of side effects grandpa listed. Some good, some bad. Like...the good ones include: Heightened senses, increased emotional expression, and muscle build. The bad ones are your staples like: Fever, fatigue, and in times where you use it for like days on end, blood and brain cell loss." He looked up at her with a smile, "But if it's just one test battle, you'll be fine."

He got up, and rubbed his head nervously, "Um...you wanna go back to that place I showed you a few weeks ago?"

@@Fractured,

“Well, he hasn’t tried to screw me over yet, so I guess there’s that.” Fuse lead the way through the alleyway. He remembered seeing one of Maverick’s little sigils somewhere around here and if they all acted like the one before than completing this ‘mission’ would be as easy as stepping through a door. Fuse poked his head out of the alleyway into the street. From there he could see a door and barely visible on it from this distance was that symbol.

Fuse waved her towards him as he stepped out into the street, “Come on, if I’m right, we’re almost there.”