Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A question about thread deletion

PaxSlayer

I had a thread deleted on this forum recently, and I was wondering how a pony might know why his thread was inappropriate? I double checked the rules and didn't see any crossed lines, but of course I trust the moderators' knowledge of the rules more than my own.

Basically, I'm just wondering how I can learn from this to make better decisions about posting in the future? <3

Welp, you may have double posted a thread. Sometimes that's worth deletion, sometimes it gets merged into an existing thread.

The best thing you can do is use the search function in the site header to make sure your thread idea doesn't already exist.

If your thread was about clop or other such things, it was probably deleted according to the rules, but I'm doubting that.

So, yeah. :)

Well, there is the Ultimate MLP Forums Posting Guide, as well as the Board Rules to consult. In general, though, a good way to go about it is to spend time thinking about what is appropriate to make a thread over and what might not be, as well as ensuring the place it in the proper section.

If your thread violated the rules, the moderator who deleted the thread should under normal circumstances notify you why it was deleted. If you weren't contacted, odds are, as Crispy speculates, it may have simply been a case of duplicate threads. Your thread may also have been merged rather than deleted, as sometimes the notifications can be confusing.

Edited by Kyronea

(edited)

The list of rules I was referring to was the board rules. As for the posting guide, I posted in the general section of Everfree forest about something non pony related, so it seems like a safe bet that it was in the right place.

What I'm really worried about was whether the content of the post was inappropriate. I know that one pony found it offensive, but most seemed to think it was fine or even quite entertaining...

I just want to know if I crossed a line or somepony requested it's deletion or something else (moderator's whims?).

EDIT: I checked my inbox, and I don't see anything new.

Edited by PaxSlayer

I found the thread in our deletion logs, PaxSlayer. It was titled "I SMELL A NEW MEME". The official reason we have on record for its removal is "Causing Cyber-Bullying Drama", and Nico (who just resigned today) was the one who removed it.

I did not make the decision to remove it, but it seems to me that the thread was causing unnecessary drama and unrest. The original email that you posted a screenshot of looks a bit like a spam message which doesn't deserve any attention at all; and if it is legitimate, I'm not sure what you hoped to achieve by sharing it on a large My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan site.

It is important to note that the rules are not absolute when it comes to our enforcing them. Frankly, if any content or member is found to be disruptive to the community, it warrants our attention and possible action even if no rule explicitly forbids it.

I will bring the thread up among the staff for a group review and we will restore it if we determine that it was removed unfairly. However, it does look like Nico saw a legitimate reason to get it out of the way.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the response! I'm sorry my thread caused drama, but I honestly meant only to share something funny that happened in my life (with the possibility of it spreading across the internet and legitimizing it as a copypasta or something). I hope you see that in no way was cyber-bullying committed or attempted, it was simply a misunderstanding.

P.S. Feld0 replied to my thread?? OMG! :D