Southern USA

Lithophila

3 hours ago, Phosphor said:

Born in the South and plan to retire/die in the South. I love it here (well minus the humid summers and mosquitoes)  :-P

My state tends to get made fun of a lot, which gets old and annoying, but eh whatever. Some of the most generous people on the planet live here.  

Parts of the South are relatively rural as well (not all, as states like Georgia, Texas, and Florida are heavily urbanized), which makes it perfect for an array of things: hiking, camping, hunting, or stargazing, or having a good old BBQ right in the front porch. While I'm kind of someone who focuses more on urban studies and planning you have to admit there are some aspects of rural Southern life that are rather interesting or even a little envying. Also, if you live in the Carolinas, you can go biking around the Blue Ridge Mountains. 

• 4 years later...

Tennessee is part of the south, right? I was there last year actually, Nashville. Rich music history, but it's kind of becoming a tourist trap. Downtown is filled to the brim with tourist junk like you'd find on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I'd rather go to the Smokies or Memphis honestly.