My head canon with Grogar largely had him as some forgotten, evil darkness that would put the fear of Sombra & Chrysalis to shame. Of course, in G1 he was a fairly competent warlock tyrant and his influence with Sombra can be seen, and I would hope that would continue.

Originally, I had Grogar as being Morgoth-like with Sombra as his top lieutenant, but with the comics I have largely ditched that.

@@heavens-champion

Oh! And I also moved this to Show Discussion as it deals with the show itself. :)

• Brohoof 2

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

My take on Grogar is more of someone Twilight knew from Magic School.  An actual teacher who long ago, saved Twilight Sparkle from an ancient artifact, only to be trapped himself in said artifact.  When he emerges, he was enhanced with dark magic, and his mind had been molded into that of a dark sorcerer.

Twilight would later recognize Grogar as his former teacher and would fight to gain him back.

• Brohoof 1