Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Chimeras of Unova

Colenso Rivers

ooc https://mlpforums.com/topic/150006-pokemon-for-the-creative/

Daina Zine Laboratories was a leading frontier on Pokemon related research and development. After the Mewtwo/Dr. Fuji incident, the creation of new pokemon hasn't occurred for decades. Until private funding was offered from such creatures again. Billions of dollars, seven offers, each donation only asking for one product. This pressed the Owner of the Unova based company, Daina Heartlock to reconsider her stance, seeing as the amount of breakthroughs had been slowing down, and the once dreadnought of a company was taking its final bow. She wouldn't allow this. She founded this company on her love of knowledge, science and solutions, things that she knew she had not the intelligence or the patience to do herself. This was her family, and she was damned if she would let it go.

That's when project Chimera was born. From all offers substantial enough that had been made in the past five years, she accepted the task of creating one pokemon each that would fulfill the wishes of those whom made the offers. She gave her orders and the desired product descriptions to the think tanks and R&D departments for them to come up with what they needed to create.

Each of these organisms were made by mixing three Pokemon together. And each project had one scientist that would make sure everything went perfectly. And all were finished within eight years, all given a nine digit code of random letters and numbers. For one more year, the would monitor  the chimeras, making sure they were stable. However, on the fifth month during the monitoring process, a chimera with electrical qualities shut down the local power grid. However, this was no problem, it happened often, but the facility was built with a local, and private power grid, resistant to disruption. That day, however, was just, coincidentally, the worst day for Daina Zine Laboratories, for both grids failed, the private grid failing due to faulty maintenance methods. Panic is widespread, as the leading scientists try to take control.

And went the lights go out, the show begins.

Maxwell Arostice had been caring for this pokemon for a while now. It seemed damaged, like it was in pain, but he would sometimes enable limiters and let down the filed that contained it so he could bond with it, learn more about it, and help perfect its design for it's own sake more than the concern of the madwoman whom had commissioned it. A Gastly, Seviper and Aron. What a mess he had been stuck with. The other scientists had at least reasonable mixtures asked of them. Not only had he been expected to fuse three very anatomically different pokemon, but one of them actively sought and killed and happened to be an intangible gas, one was a large snake that could drop a man with one bite, and the last was almost impossible to extract the DNA from given its tough hide and metal shell. Well, there was another scientist he remembered whom had to work with a ghost made of cloth, so he guessed he wasn't the only on in that boat. He felt close to the creature he had made, and it seemed to take on the docile attitude of the Aron more than any others, luckily enough for him. It was so sweet, and gentle. Screw the desires of the damned madwoman.

Or so he wanted to believe. Because when the electromagnetic hum of the lights cut out completely, and the private power system failed he had to ask himself in the pitch dark, Why am I so afriad, but he didnt have to ask. The chimera was no longer restrained, and was without limiters. And as he felt a cool, wet breath run down his back, the answer presented itself in a telepathic voice, sinister, distorted and twisted, "At looooooong lasssst..." The chimera known as SV8D9RA7I opened its mouth the length of its entire spherical form, its liquid base stretching and holes opening where its regularly sized mouth didn't reach revealing more jagged red jaws and snapped closed over Maxwell's head, the foremost fangs cleaving through the flesh of his neck as the last breaths of the scientist entered the chimeras body. A rush of warm flavor filled his mouth as the bare convulsing and twitching of its victim brought it's ecstatic appetite full blast, and the skull crushed under one last press, viscera escaping through its jaws before the body fell and it devoured Maxwells life force.

Delicious. But all the monster could think under the screams of all the others in the massive building was one singular longing, "More.."

Edited by Colenso Rivers
  • Brohoof 1

As the lights were shut down and the force field went down, Ray charged at the glass with his horn, breaking just big enough for him to fit trough. Ray swiftly began conducting a eletrical current trough his cheeks, so could actually see a damn. He then managed to see the scientidt who supervised him, the woman who had done so much terrible things with him, the person which he hated most. "So, professor. How are you doing? Been torturing many Pokémon recently? Or have you finally accepted how much of a horrible person you are and are ashamed of it?" Ray stared down at the woman, puting his paws on his hips and talking in a passive agressive way

@@Life Fiber Infused

Noto Kisirugi Stared in horror at the chimera breaking through the glass. Dammit, to even feel threatened by this lesser being was shameful, and she had to stand her ground. She would establish her dominance, but the moment it broke through, all her courage fled as she decided to take a new approach. The thing had started to speak, amazing, but she backed up into a table as instruments clattered and fell and feigned pleasantry, "Oh my, you've learned cognizant speech." Gasp, "Very, very impressive. I always knew you would be great."

Catherine Rozen had created something beautiful. Or at the very least, cute. The chimera designated by the code A34G06G82, better known as Belle to the scientist, was a wonderful little thing Catherine was glad to have helped bring into this world. It was a docile-natured Pokemon - and she knew she was fortunate for that, seeing some of the more vicious-looking creations the other scientists had been commissioned to make. Belle was good, Belle was obedient and always complied with the obligatory testing; Catherine never had to worry when she had to let down the barrier and open the door.

"Hello there, beautiful," the scientist crooned as she opened the door, letting the glass swing open. It had been time for another round of routine testing, so Dr. Rozen had decided. "I think you know the drill. I'll be quick this time, I promise."

Belle only blinked, turning rose-red eyes up towards the scientist. Though capable of psychic communication, this chimera was never one for speaking much to Catherine or any of the other scientists. She indeed knew what would be coming, and she knew her only option would be to accept it as usual.

...Until the power went out.

There was a commotion, and Belle saw a chance to escape. No matter what happened to the scientist that gave her life; freedom was so much more important, when all she had ever known was that glass case and the cold examination table. And so, despite the scientist's protesting cries and pleas for her to come back, she fled away from Catherine, immediately seeking a way out of the facility. She didn't know where it was, but surely she would find it sooner or later. No matter what would happen to Catherine, left at the mercy of whatever other chimeras were in the hallways at that point in time.

Ray laughed a little at the woman, before going back to staring directly at her."Thanks for the compliment, but i still think you are a fucking monster. All that time, all those year..........the things you did to me, the torture..........the brain-washing............i always hated you, i always wanted to escape, and this is my big chance............ But before i begin runninh away, why did you do all that to me?" Ray stopped holding his hips with his paws and stopped his passive-agressive tone, now he had a more serious and sad tone on his voice. The eletrical current chattering as he spoke

@@Miss Reaper,

SV passed through the door that led to the room he could call his place of manifestation and was immediately drawn to movement fart to his left. People, running down the halls and past a corner. Sv dashed there and turned the corner to find a pokemon running away, small, and he couldn't see it too well, but he got the same basic shape. And a scientist pleading after the creature. SV grinned, quite a setup for him. He slowly shape shifted to the same basic shape as the creature which had escaped. Then stumbled towards the female scientist, whom was quite upset, and started his most deceptive attempt at a sweet coo.

@@Life Fiber Infused

Her eyes narrowed. She knew what was happening. But would she accept it, probably not. She reached behind her and fondled the tools on the table until she had grasped a scalpel and pleaded, "Wait, I was just doing my job, you have to understand! You have no idea how difficult it was to hurt you to make sure you wouldn't fall apart. We all had to do this, you should see the SV chimera, compared to the others I was an angel to you..." She feigned tears, "I would never hurt you if I knew it wasn't for your own good." Now for the waiting game.

Ray began breathing heavily, his anger was flowing through his body. The eletrical current chattering even more. "Oh, so you tortured and brain-washed me for my own good?! You didn't seem very distressed when you were doing it! You say you are a angel, huh?! Well, i think you are right.........you are a angel of death! And well, professor. If you are a angel........it wouldn't matter if i killed you, right? You woulf just come back o life" Ray's anger was at it's peak, the eletrical was now barely constant. As Ray finished speaking, Phantom Energy began to gather on his horn, he was preparing a Phantom Drill

Dr. Nightingale was testing the bite strength of specimen CH4H48KR0 when the lights of the facility went out. Fortunately for Dr. Nightingale he could still somewhat see do to the flame at the tip of the specimens tail, however unfortunately the electromagnetic locks that were holding it's feet to keep it from running around had released. His experience with the creature had shown him that it wasn't malicious but he was still wary of it's jaws. He saw the creature running towards him happily so he decided the best plan was to calmly capture it and manually restrain it until the power came back on. He squatted down and held out some food hoping that it would eat just long enough for him to grab it. The specimen unexpectedly jumped at him and chomped down on his arm biting his hand clean off. Dr. Nightingale passed out from shock as he slowly bled out while the specimen ran off towards the exit and simultaneously it's freedom. Specimen CH4HA8KRO was ecstatic at the chance to run around freely and it ran as fast as it could into the outside world.

@@Life Fiber Infused,

She noticed as she stuttered, trying to salvage the situation that this situation was in utter disrepair. Nothing left to loose. It was either her, or it, and she hadn't gotten to where she was today by not stabbing her way there. She threw all caution to the wind, it was now or never. As he charged his horn. she grabbed the nearest object and tossed it at him, a canister of the creatures samples, and then charged it with the scalpel.

Ray was hit by the canister, it hurt a little, but nothing too extreme. As Ray saw Noto charging at him, the drill wasn't ready yet, so to dodge Noto's attack and counter attack, he decided to use Phantom Force. As Ray's breathing got heavier, he vanished into thin air and got behind Noto. He then appeared and tried to hit the scientist with Twineedle

@@Life Fiber Infused

(I must've overlooked the moves on your character. I said only moves the pokemon in the mix would know naturally at level five I'll just say it was spur of the moment adrenaline ;) but I expect those modifies in one hot minute)

- 2 health

As her move was dodged, and he teleported behind her, she turned around just in time for the twin needles to nail her to the wall behind her, on in her wrist, one in her shoulder, each one prying a cry from her. as the scalpel fell from her hand. She began to sob and shout at you, "You'd be nothing but a damn mindless beast without me! You're nothing without me!"

@@Colenso Rivers,

It was dark, and chances were that others were having trouble seeing much under the dim red light the emergency generators provided once they had kicked in a minute later. It was too late, damage already done; the chimeras were out, on the loose, and some were out for blood. Catherine was searching for her own creation, fretting over what the other, fiercer ones might do if they happened upon the docile creature. Belle wasn't built for fighting, outside of Contest battles perhaps; the others could tear the poor thing apart! Of course, she needed to keep an eye out herself, but she was a little more capable of defending herself than the cute little creature that just escaped, so she liked to think.

Then, a noise. Catherine immediately turned towards it, and saw... Well, something that did look like Belle at first glance. The human eye was so easily tricked, especially in low light.

"Belle? Belle! Oh, sweetie, come here, it's not safe for you out there..."

------

Belle was surprisingly fast, for a Pokemon with no legs. She had only an amorphous form for her lower body, and truly it was remarkable how swift she could be, moving along with slithering motions not too unlike that of a snake. Or a slug, perhaps. It was graceful in a very strange, unique way.

She hurried down this hallway, then another, seeking the exit. It had to be around here somewhere; she was well aware that there was a world outside of this one. She'd never seen it, but she knew it was out there. She knew she had to get away. Away from the scientists, from the testing, from everything in that facility.

So focused was she on navigating the hallways, she didn't notice the other chimera in her path until the moment she ended up colliding with them (@SpikusFyre). A squeak escaped her, the chimera shuffling back and shaking her head to recover.

@@Miss Reaper,

SV quickly slithered up to the woman and went for a hug. He had to do this quick, make close contact fast enough before she could realize what it was that was really heading for her. It feigned fear and panic, but he knew the moment she held him back she would notice how her felt, so only the moment of her embrace would he strike.

((But my Pokémon can learn those moves before level 5. At least it says so on Bulbapedia))

Ray gets closer to Noto, staring at her, you could see the anger in his eyes. "Oh, Professor. If i will become s mindless beast for killing you...........i am okay with that.........i just to get revenge on the person who made me suffer so much, before i become free" Ray realized that the Phantom Drill finished charging. "Look, my drill is charged. Any final words? Any considerstions? Like how it feels like to be killed by your own creation?" Ray begins to spin the drill rapidily

@@Life Fiber Infused

(I realize, but I also said starter evolutions, and excavalier is the second evolution to karrablast)

She smirked and answered almost lovingly, but in a more condescending tone, "I would rather fall to my own hand that anyone else. I know that you will be found, and cut open, and all these things I've done to build you up will be done in reverse to tear you apart." She winced in pain and shouted, "SH**!" but then took in a deep breath an answered, "And you will know all the while that you could've just done what you were told."

@@Miss Reaper

Lizard turned to see what had ran into him with a somewhat confused look on his face. Upon seeing another pokemon he started bounding around her excitedly. He then rubbed his head against her before running towards the exit tail flame acting as a beacon in the dark. He paused while running as if to make sure she was following.

Gladius wasn't expecting the power to go out.

It did, anyway, and he was left alone in the dark. Dr. Muteer had looked extra sad today, and left him in his cage to go get something (that's what he thought, anyway). The cage, being electronically locked, was child's play to open now that there was no power.

'Huh,' he mused to himself, absent-mindedly scratching his floppy ears. He considered waiting for Dr. Muteer to return with supplies, but heard crunching and shuffling noises in the distance. Now, this wasn't unusual; he knew of the other Chimeras and the occasional noises they made, but the absence of light made it very unsettling. Gladius could see fairly well in the dark, and made his way cautiously into the hall, his two feet treading silently on the cold concrete floor.

-------

In an abandoned lab not far from where Gladius was, Dr. Jim Muteer jumped from a chair.

His body dangled a few centimeters from the ground, the only thing keeping it hanging a noose made of electrical cord.

It was absurdly peaceful.

Edited by Picard Corgi

Ray backed away for a second, laughing a bit. "So, from your vision, what am i supposed to do? Just out of curiosuty, i probally won't follow the orders of a monster" Ray said in s tone of curiosity, the eletrical current becoming more calm and quiet and as a result it didn't chatter as much

@@Life Fiber Infused,

She rolled her eyes and groaned in pain before screaming at the chimera, "Just F***in' leave! You die here or out there, it's one of the only choices you can make, so make it!" Tears left her eyes, she knew it was the end. All she wanted was this to end at this point, those dang needles were too painful.

Ray laughed a little, before getting closer to Noto "You seem like you are in a lot of suffering, so, as a individual who is NOT a horrible, heartless and downright evil, monster. I shall end ny job, and put you out of your misery" Ray said in a laidbsck tone, he then closed in on the professor and put his horn into her stomach, and letting the drill penetrate it

@@Life Fiber Infused

Now I could describe the whole scene, blood spurting, intense creaming, her body being thrown to the side, now limp, but how about this. She is effectively dead, and now you are alone in your "room." However, there was no silence, the shouting and screaming outside suggested that thousands of drills were doing the exact same thing.

As Ray noticed that the woman he hated so much was finally dead, he smiled a bit and backed off, making the drill dissipate into thin air. "Well, now my business here is done. Time to begin a new life and meet much more Pokémon!" Ray talked in a cheerful tone, he was just thinking out loud of course. Ray then stormed the doors of the room open, beggining to run through the faciliie, trying to find the exit,he stil mainteined the eletrical current so he could see

Gladius had not taken one step before he saw something - a tail fire as was common in Charmander. Squinting in the dark, he could also barely make out a blobby Chimera near the Charmander (or was it a Chimera? He couldn't tell.) (@Miss Reaper and @SpikusFyre)

Gladius decided to do something quite dangerous. He hoped the two creatures weren't hostile.

'Hello!' he shouted uncertainly. His call echoed through the halls, and he was absolutely certain that they had heard it.

He was screwed.

Edited by Picard Corgi

@@Colenso Rivers,

So gullible was she, the scientist didn't even question it. Never considered the possibility of one of the other chimeras being able to transform or shapeshift, or that one of them could mimic her little Belle just well enough that it successfully tricked her in the low lighting. All she was worried about was getting Belle safely back in the cell; or perhaps to escape with the chimera seeing that hell had broken loose here with a cacophony of chaos echoing through the halls.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, Belle..." Catherine cooed, without hesitation wrapping her arms around the one she presumed to be her precious little chimera.

...The realization she had made a mistake was the thought on her mind in her final moments.

------

@@SpikusFyre, @,

Belle wasn't used to interaction with other Pokemon, let alone a fellow chimera, so she was a little startled when suddenly the other was close and nuzzled his head against her. Momentarily forgetting that she could use words to actually communicate with this other chimera, a quiet trill sounded from her that didn't mean much aside from expressing surprise and perhaps towards the gesture.

But she didn't have much time to question that, for the other was running ahead. Did he know the way out? She could only hope so, as she trailed after the flame of his tail - only to stop short when she heard a voice calling out. She turned towards the chimera known as Gladius, soft red eyes wide and curious. It was only then, hearing a word uttered, that she recalled that she could speak as well, if only through psychic means.

'...Hello?' Even the voice mentally projected was timid and soft, much like her appearance.

The woman had embraced him without a second thought. From her embrace, he felt a certain warmth. However, his mind was far too young to realize that if she died, so would it, especially over his bloodlust. The only words exiting from his maw, "More." Then opening his jaws wide and clasping them through her throat and a large portion of her shoulder, slowly becoming his large spherical shape in her arms. As blood and life force flowed into his mouth, and her shivering and strength grew weak, it pushed her onto her back and forced her to the previously clean floor.

It remained until she grew breathless, then floated above her for a minute, contemplating her flavor. Bittersweet, sh had put so much love into everything in her life, getting not nearly enough back. And while he knew not the consequences of death, he appreciated her life, and would hold this one close to him.

He was no longer thirsty, and passed through the walls until he spotted many non-human creatures searching for something. He decided to follow, for this place had nothing more for him, and he had no more goals in mind. However, he would take every precaution not to be spotted as his predatory eyes laid upon them.