Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP FiM Claymation

Z.J.A.

Hi! I'm new around here and I was planning on possibly working on a claymation. I would make the characters out of clay and use stop motion techniques to animate them. (Two things which I can already do) Though, I can't really do voice acting and I'm really not that great with coming up with plots.

So, I have two options: animating a music video to an already made MLP song, or asking for help from the brony community once I'm done creating the pony's.

I was wondering if people would even be interested in seeing a claymation MLP or helping out, before I put the effort into making the ponies. (Which I might do anyways...)

Also, I know this probably already exists out there..so yeah...

Finally, if I have posted in the wrong forum...I apologize...

• Brohoof 2

No, you're in the right place. Sounds fun! If you don't get anypony else in on this, let me know. I'm pretty busy with school, but I like trying new things, and this sounds like a neat thing to be a part of. ^_^

(edited)

No, you're in the right place. Sounds fun! If you don't get anypony else in on this, let me know. I'm pretty busy with school, but I like trying new things, and this sounds like a neat thing to be a part of. ^_^

Thanks for showing interest. I'll be sure to keep you in mind. :)

Edited by river_angel

Hey, I'd support this project at the drop of a hat. If done well, it could reach EQD, so I'd totally go for it!

Thank you so much for the support. I guess I should start figuring out armatures for clay ponies...cause if I can't get ponies I like, and that are more stable, this isn't gonna work...

And even if it doesnt make EQD...and even if I just do a music video...it will be worth it for my animation career. So now to try to make this well done!

• Brohoof 1

Hi! I'm new around here and I was planning on possibly working on a claymation. I would make the characters out of clay and use stop motion techniques to animate them. (Two things which I can already do) Though, I can't really do voice acting and I'm really not that great with coming up with plots.

So, I have two options: animating a music video to an already made MLP song, or asking for help from the brony community once I'm done creating the pony's.

I was wondering if people would even be interested in seeing a claymation MLP or helping out, before I put the effort into making the ponies. (Which I might do anyways...)

Also, I know this probably already exists out there..so yeah...

Finally, if I have posted in the wrong forum...I apologize...

I could help with VAing and stuff like that :)

we could re-enact an episode except with claymation ;D

~

Thank you so much for the support. I guess I should start figuring out armatures for clay ponies...cause if I can't get ponies I like, and that are more stable, this isn't gonna work...

And even if it doesnt make EQD...and even if I just do a music video...it will be worth it for my animation career. So now to try to make this well done!

We could have our very next Lauren Faust here :3

(edited)

I could help with VAing and stuff like that :)

we could re-enact an episode except with claymation ;D

~

Thanks so much for offering to VA. Ill definitely keep you in mind for when I get to that part...

We could have our very next Lauren Faust here :3

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be anywhere as amazing as Lauren! She's so awesome!

So after class are over (in about 2 weeks) I will start on making pony armatures. I'm thinking of making a blog for this so that people can track my progress...

Okay, so I've got some ideas for armatures, and I'm wondering which pony I should make first. This is completely dependent on what I plan to do with the ponies. I was planning on doing a music video stop motion of one of the songs from the show, that does not have all the ponies in it, and is a pretty good number but also pretty short:no more than a minute.

My ideas:

Hop, Skip and Jump (Just make Pinkie Pie)

Cupcake Song (Again, just Pinkie Pie)

Singing Telegram (Just Pinkie Pie)

Evil Entrantress: Pinkie Pie Version (Just Pinkie Pie)

So Many Wonders (Fluttershy, green screen for background, and toys for the critters)

Hush Now Quiet Now: Fluttershy's Part (Just Fluttershy)

Evil Entrantress: Fluttershy Version (Just Fluttershy)

At the Gala: Rainbow Dash's Solo (Just Rainbowdash)

Any other ideas?

http://mlpforums.com/topic/17178-mlp-fim-claymation-song-choice/

Edited by river_angel
  • Brohoof 1