Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music The Protomen

letterone

(edited)

I was bored today and thought, "I wonder what the forum dudes think about the Protomen?" And here we are now.

So, have any of you listened to the Protomen? If so, what do you think?

If not, here's a bit of info in a spoiler.

The Protomen are a rock band who seem to be friggin' obsessed with the Megaman series. And that's awesome, because the two albums they've released are rock operas about Megaman. The first album, entitled "The Protomen: Act I" is certainly my favorite. It's got this really cool lo-fi sound to it that just makes me fangasm... lol. Check out their one "single" I guess. It's called "The Will of One"

Their second album, "Act II: The Father of Death" has an absolutely different style to it. And I'll be honest and say that I DON'T like it. At all. It's supposed to be a prequel to the first album, and its cheesy watered down hard rock and country-ish sound makes me facepalm, and I'm sorry to anyone who likes it. Check out the album's title track.

[media=]

So yeah. Discuss away. :P

Edited by letterONE

LUV DEM. <3

Quite a good band, The Protomen. Only one person I know IRL likes them, though. Everyone else I know either hasn't heard them or just simply doesn't like them.

On another note, I keep saying that someone should make a Megaman fan game based on the Protomen's Act I album, and it should use the Makeup and Vanity Set chiptune remixes.

I love The Protomen. I just wish they would re-record their first album with the same quality as Act II.

The quality of their second album is a Huge upgrade from their first one and I would love to hear their original songs with cleaned up sound quality. I mainly just want to hear "the will of one" with polished vocals though. :lol:

I love The Protomen. I just wish they would re-record their first album with the same quality as Act II.

The quality of their second album is a Huge upgrade from their first one and I would love to hear their original songs with cleaned up sound quality. I mainly just want to hear "the will of one" with polished vocals though. :lol:

I dunno, I quite like the rawness of the first album. It makes it seem so much more industrial and post-apocalyptic sounding.