Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request An Art Request For An OC

Marcato

Hey everypony! I recently created an OC based off of me a little more! His name is Fractal Renegade, and he's quite a thrill seeker. I really want to get a cool picture drawn of him though. I was careful to provide some good detail in the character appearance and left out a pony creator image because I want to see how people depict him. Kudos to anyone that's willing to do it for me!

Hey everypony! I recently created an OC based off of me a little more! His name is Fractal Renegade, and he's quite a thrill seeker. I really want to get a cool picture drawn of him though. I was careful to provide some good detail in the character appearance and left out a pony creator image because I want to see how people depict him. Kudos to anyone that's willing to do it for me!

im on it!!!!!:D

Oooh! Sounds like fun! Honestly, I want to see how my depiction differs from others. Is it ok if I just sketch him first? I'm best with a pencil, and I don't have a tablet or anything yet.. B)

Not at all. I can't wait to see it! :)

im on it!!!!! :D

Thank you! I'll be expecting it. :)

Here's my pencil doodle!

post-3416-0-33206500-1337205557_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I love how you did the hair! I also like how the cutie mark turned out. You can almost see in his face that he's a daring pony, but also has a kind heart. Thanks!

Awesome! I love how you did the hair! I also like how the cutie mark turned out. You can almost see in his face that he's a daring pony, but also has a kind heart. Thanks!

Oh good! I'm happy to hear you like him :D I always like to draw facial expressions to fit somepony's personality, so I'm really glad you could see that in him. :)

If I have more time soon, I want to try doing him again! I love the fact that you didn't provide a picture! That made this really fun for me ;)

Oh good! I'm happy to hear you like him :D I always like to draw facial expressions to fit somepony's personality, so I'm really glad you could see that in him. :)

If I have more time soon, I want to try doing him again! I love the fact that you didn't provide a picture! That made this really fun for me ;)

I was afraid people wouldn't want to draw him because of the lack of image reference. I'm really glad you did it for me. I'd love to see more artwork of him! I'm a very observant person. So that is likely why I noticed it. :)

I was afraid people wouldn't want to draw him because of the lack of image reference. I'm really glad you did it for me. I'd love to see more artwork of him! I'm a very observant person. So that is likely why I noticed it. :)

Nah, when there's a picture reference, I feel the need to practically copy it in too much detail, even if it's specified that they want something slightly different. I loved having a pure-text description. And you depicted him very well in it, I might add. ;)

Nah, when there's a picture reference, I feel the need to practically copy it in too much detail, even if it's specified that they want something slightly different. I loved having a pure-text description. And you depicted him very well in it, I might add. ;)

I like to give people an image of a character in my mind when writing if there isn't a picture. Also, I wanted it to be easier to imagine for drawing from the moment I wrote it. I wonder if more people will do it. I should invite PeachPalette. :P

• 2 weeks later...

TA-DA!!

Intredus! (My interpretation of him, that is..)

post-3416-0-85023900-1338072388_thumb.jpg

Ewww.. That was really high contrast on Intredus.. :P

Anyway, here's Invictus:

post-3416-0-58082300-1338407986_thumb.jpg

I colored in the star on her cutie mark so I could conveniently (without worrying about accidentally coloring it) add the.. smudge around it. I did this because, if and when I get around to doing her in digital, I had imagined a faint glow around the star, and I would include that in a digital painting. It is represented here by a shaded blur.. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Also, I tried really hard to make her look serious without looking irritated.. I'm bad with mouth placement, so that made it difficult for me. Again, I hope you like it, and really hope she's something like what you had pictured! :)

I love them! They are awesome! Although I don't see how they fit in Fractal's request page. :P Intredus is supposed to be 2 years older then Invictus, don't know if it was intended that Invictus looked older. Still looks awesome though! The mouth is fine to be honest. The star looks good and her tail is great. I still kind of see her mane being a little farther forward, almost covering her eyes. If you don't mind some constructive criticism that is. I also think she would look still serious, but her eyes look a little too evil. Might be more suited since she has a very sad backstory to have her eyes a little more relaxed, but not wide open.

I still love it though! She looks really good, maybe the best so far to be honest! I can't wait to see more!

(edited)

I love them! They are awesome! Although I don't see how they fit in Fractal's request page. :P Intredus is supposed to be 2 years older then Invictus, don't know if it was intended that Invictus looked older. Still looks awesome though! The mouth is fine to be honest. The star looks good and her tail is great. I still kind of see her mane being a little farther forward, almost covering her eyes. If you don't mind some constructive criticism that is. I also think she would look still serious, but her eyes look a little too evil. Might be more suited since she has a very sad backstory to have her eyes a little more relaxed, but not wide open.

I still love it though! She looks really good, maybe the best so far to be honest! I can't wait to see more!

Yeah, I plan to redraw Intredus, and there were some things about him and Invictus that bothered me.. Their eyes being one of them.. I really tried to avoid evil with her, but I couldn't get the angle right... I think I know how to fix it now though. She just looks older because I had more time to add character to her, rather than just sketch out another cute pony. And my lame excuse for Intredus is I was drawing him in a moving car... I didn't have a clear vision of him before I started either.. My main focus was his hair.. Don't worry, characters develop as I redraw them repeatedly. :D

I'll draw some updated versions, keeping your comments in mind. I don't mind criticism, it helps me expand what I can do by challenging me to make something better and try new things.

As for why they're on Fractal's page.... Well, they don't exactly have their own request pages.. You kind of just messaged their "profile" info pages to me, so I wasn't sure where else to put them.. It's also more convenient to just upload them directly from my computer as an attachment here than to upload them to an image hosting site and link you to them in a PM. Besides that, I'm really the only one who actually responded to this request, so I just kept at it I guess. I'm either your only fan artist right now or your personal illustrator, which is why I'm so open to criticism. ;)

Ok, I took into consideration most of what you said could be done better, I think!

Here's my second shot at the two (and my thoughts on both attempts):

post-3416-0-16419700-1338598304_thumb.jpg

Ok, Intredus went very well this time, considering I drew him as a much younger colt/stallion last time around.. Something went funny with his neck though.. :huh: So.. Please forgive that, as I have never drawn a character in that position before. I brought his eyes down a few sizes, which I think helped greatly with making him look older.

post-3416-0-10036200-1338598351_thumb.jpg

Invictus.. Well it's a little tricky making long, straight hair come down in front of a pony's face without covering their eyes a bit.. I think I fixed the perceived age difference though! I made her eyes (especially pupils) a bit bigger and wider. I also tried giving her a faint smile (without taking from her "Eeyore"-type personality. My goal was a slightly brighter, but still straight, face so that she wouldn't look too angry or evil.

Let me know what you think! I sure hope you like them!! Don't be shy about telling me what I can improve on! :D

Edited by CluelessLlama13

*Snipped*

Those are so much better! Intredus looks much more suited to his bio page, and much older. The neck isn't an issue.

Invictus looks much better too! Her hair is better, and I understand that it would be difficult to draw hair close to her eyes without them covering.

I love these new versions so much! They look excellent! I can't wait for digitalize/traced! Don't rush yourself though. Don't feel the need to get it done for me.

I'm looking forward to more art of any of these three characters. :)

TA-DA!! Intredus and Invictus, now with color!!!!

post-3416-0-92226400-1338608899_thumb.jpg

post-3416-0-04259100-1338608954_thumb.jpg

Again, hope you like. I apologize, it is difficult to color ponies as small as I draw them.. I've tried sketching them on a larger scale, but they just don't turn out the same..... :huh:

TA-DA!! Intredus and Invictus, now with color!!!!

Again, hope you like. I apologize, it is difficult to color ponies as small as I draw them.. I've tried sketching them on a larger scale, but they just don't turn out the same..... :huh:

Intredus is great! Invictus is good too, but her colour looks a little too bright. I pictured her as a much darker blue Like This, and maybe darker still. Because of the colour being so dark already though, I can see that could go wrong with the outlines. So if that's an issue, you could just use a lighter colour for the outline. (it's difficult to see her mouth at the moment.)

Her mane however, is great. Same with her eye colour. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Next time if you quote me then I will come running much faster. :)

(erased for space efficiency)

Yeah, I was SO MAD about her color... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png I had two shades of blue, right next to each other!! BLUE and NAVY BLUE.

The "navy blue" pencil looks BLACK!! So I was utterly disgusted by the fact that I have a pack of 50 colored pencils and there was no blue to be found darker than PLAIN BLUE!! UGH!!

Ok, I'm alright now........ Anyway, I tried going over it with the navy, but you can only do so much at a certain point.. I'll be sure to fix it if I draw her again or when I get around to the digital of her. (btw, I've started on a digital of Fractal. Just the original pic. Nothing super fancy)

I can't wait for digitalize/traced! I'm looking forward to more art of any of these three characters. :)

Huh, I guess I got Invictus done first.. But I fixed the color in digital!! :D

post-3416-0-50100300-1338930415_thumb.png

Let me know what you think! This wasn't edited in great detail, but I tried to make her look nice regardless.