"Fridge Logic" Moments

Castle Bleck

(edited)

Fridge Logic definition: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FridgeLogic

My first example:

Disney's Aladdin:

Jafar, you may be (rightly) suspicious of "Prince Ali" (Aladdin (duh)), but you still don't know for sure -- especially given, you know, that literal parade of evidence he just arrived with. So why would you just try to have him assassinated right then and there -- and by official Royal Guards (corrupt or not) instead of just some secret thugs, no less? For all you know, you're just going to piss another kingdom off, and the resulting international incident will surely ruin your own plans for Agrabah.

And yeah, I know he eventually finds out about Genie, but this scene takes place a good while before then.

Edited by A.V.

Spoilers for the series finale of Samurai Jack

Spoiler

I get that after Jack killed Aku in the past, Ashi should no longer exist seeing how he is her biological father, but why did it take so long for her to fade out of existence?

I mean Jack and Ashi had enough time to plan an entire wedding which should take a while and start the ceremony, and it was only until Ashi was in the middle of walking towards the alter that she "died".

I get that the writers wanted to give Jack a bittersweet ending, but when I really think about it, that scene doesn't even make any sense, so it ends up falling flat, just like the super forced romance between Jack and Ashi in general.

CJlO22H.png

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Fridge Logic definition: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FridgeLogic

My first example:

Disney's Aladdin:

Jafar, you may be (rightly) suspicious of "Prince Ali" (Aladdin (duh)), but you still don't know for sure -- especially given, you know, that literal parade of evidence he just arrived with. So why would you just try to have him assassinated right then and there -- and by official Royal Guards instead of just some secret thugs, no less? For all you know, you're just going to piss another kingdom off, and the resulting international incident will surely ruin your own plans for Agrabah.

And yeah, I know he eventually finds out about Genie, but this scene takes place a good while before then.

He was jealous, and perhaps he didn't care if he caused an incident because he might still twist it to his favor. But it could be he is crazy, he talks to his pet bird to concoct his plans lol.

Hm, fridge logic, hmm.

Kinda hard to come up with one. I don't watch movies often.

All things that interact with the world exert a force. All things that exert a force have an opposite and equal force. Ergo, nothing immaterial exists [because where would the opposite force be without material as a medium?]. Ergo god doesn't exist immaterially. Also if the universe were infinite itd take infinite time for a god to make it. If it were finite it'd be subject to entropy. Which means an eternal god can't exist.