And For It's Opening Weekend, The Movie Has Officially Placed In-

Denim&Venöm

4th. The MLP has officially had the fourth highest gross of all movies on it's opening weekend, according to IHeartRadio, who described it as doing "Okay." 

Well at least it made it to the top 5, and  if box office mojo is to be believed, has grossed just over $10 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mylittlepony2017.htm

Edit: Apparently my last source was dated, and while no figures have been released, budget is estimated between $5 million and $25 million. 

and now with some figures for international draws, as of writing The MLP film has grossed $14 million worldwide. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

That $65 Million Budget came from a 4chan source that also came with a description of the soundtrack's songs, a soundtrack that got everything wrong. According to CartoonBrew(which I find more reliable) the movie had a 5-8 Million budget, which I'm more inclined to believe. The movie does not look anywhere close to having a $65 million budget, not to mention Hasbro wasn't expecting a huge opening for it. It'll be just fine

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

That $65 Million Budget came from a 4chan source that also came with a description of the soundtrack's songs, a soundtrack that got everything wrong. According to CartoonBrew(which I find more reliable) the movie had a 5-8 Million budget, which I'm more inclined to believe. The movie does not look anywhere close to having a $65 million budget, not to mention Hasbro wasn't expecting a huge opening for it. It'll be just fine

I sort of agree, the animation looked amazing so it was probably a little higher though. Great on that news though!

• Brohoof 1

I'll never understand why people believe that budget leak from 4chan when the rest of that leak was absolutely wrong. Despicable Me cost $80 million- there is not a $15 million difference between the two. The two more realistic predictions are $25 and $5-8, with $25 being more realistic.

Well, i kinda imagined it being on that level, maybe a few millions higher. Blade Runner also just made 31 million instead of the speculated 55 million opening. So it's obviously not a good time for movies in general.

can't believe that there where people who thought this would become as successful as a disney movie.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think that sounds bad. The movie's budget probably won't have been $65 million. That's not far off from Despicable Me 3's budget (although Illumination's movies are cheaper to make in comparison to their competitors). I don't think Hasbro thinks it will be that much of a success or compete with anything from Disney, Dreamworks or Illumination. Not to say that I don't think the movie was good or well animated. I actually love the new character designs, 3D models and the animation. It probably had $15-25 million budget range like others said.

I predict the film will probably break even soon enough and make a moderate profit. It's got a long way to go and it still hasn't opened in some places (like the UK). Even if it doesn't break even, the revenue from toys and merchandise will surely help. There's a reason these kinds of films were treat as feature-length toy adverts.

I don't think there's anything to be gloomy about yet.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 2

That is actually pretty good for an animated movie that isn't from Disney, especially this year which just hasn't boded well for film turnouts. Blade Runner, as mentioned before, basically crashed in its premiere because of its much higher budget. The MLP movie seems like it could even out with its budget which is always a good thing.

• Brohoof 1