Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Antigone

HunterTSN

"I see no reason why they should, it doesn't look like a warship from here, probably only a patrol or a scout. If it is hostile then we should be able to deal with it as long as there aren't any others..." Ratchet faded off as he saw at least five more of the smoking airships rise over the mountains and surround the Antigone, weapons at the ready. "On the other hoof, we could have ourselves a small problem..."

(edited)

"By not getting in the way, go and alert the crew. Tell them to get up here and wait for captains orders! I need to get us out of here!" Ratchet turned and ran down into the engine room to put the ship in high gear.

Edited by thesteampunkninja

(edited)

Eilwen had mostly been staying in her bunk for most of the trip, only leaving for meals, but on this particular day Eilwen had decided to go up to the deck for some fresh air. Big mistake. she spotted the airships and ran for the hatch leading to the lower decks and ducked underneath the stairs, still close to the hatch. She wanted to hear what was going on up there. Eilwen covered herself in her ever present cloak and listened carefully

Edited by Ethereal

(edited)

Ratchet frantically spun dials and cranks as he tried to speed up the Antigone's pace, but the ship still wouldn't accelerate fast enough. It wasn't long before he heard the first booming of the cannons. The entire engine room shook with the impact and he was knocked to the floor. Struggling back up he caught the familiar scent of smoke and petroleum. 'Damn, they're firing gas bombs! If we can't stop those flames the whole ship will be blown to pieces!' Ratchet pulled one last lever and ran up to the top deck where fire was spreading. Luckily it seemed Cloud had done his job and there where crew members scrambling to beat out the flames. Spotting Kyros on the bridge he shouted, "We have to return fire or they are going to keep shooting until one of those bombs hits the balloon!"

Cloud noticed the flames and immediately wanted to help, he opened his wings and zipped to the open flames. He began flying quickly around them, creating a vacuum vortex that killed the flames quickly, "What now?" he called as he continued to kill the flames.

When hearing about the balloon, he said "I can keep the balloon safe! Let me keep the bombs from hitting them!"

Kyros told Ratchet, "Just because I haven't given the exact order doesn't nescesarily mean that you shouldn't do it anyway. Of course I want a return fire. Send LockHart and Striker down to the hull to fire off the cannons," He paused, "Oh, and Ratchet, do we have any shot guns on us?"

"sweet! i am great at shooting! best shot in the equestrian weapons competition!" striker said in a excited tone before jumping on to one of the cannon's "they don't have a chance!" striker aimed and fire'd hitting a projectile that would have hit the ballon.

(edited)

"Well then lets see how you do against an Industrial light frigate. It'll take you more than one lucky shot to bring one of those down, and we've got ourselves five" Ratchet said. "Any pegasus on deck go help Cloud with the balloon, all unicorns see what you can do to keep the fires out. Everyone else get to the cannons. If you can't do anything useful then just keep out of the way! I'll go check the hold for any firearms." Ratchet shouted before disappearing into the bowls of the once again flaming ship.

Kyros thought to himself, "Well, seeing how we're short by... Oh.... 5 ponies. I guess I need to do my share of manual labor." He walked around wondering what he should do, when he saw Ratchet roll out with an interesting device.

"Mother of Celestia...." He said.

Cloud continued to deflect the bombs with large gusts of wind, making sure they didn't get close to the balloon. His flight acrobatics were quite the sight, proof he had lots of practice before he joined this ship.

(edited)

Ratchet dropped a crate of firearms next to him, "I found some of these in the cargo bay, but here's something even better." ratchet said as he rolled out a strange mechanism. "It's a multi-barrel Gatling machine-gun with 1000 hollow-point rounds, and look at this," grabbing a leather saddle-mount he slipped it over his head and tightened it around his waste. "Hey Kyros, can I get a lift?"

"hey captain! there are too many ship's to keep up! i don't think i keep this up much longer!" striker yelled to Kyros "i think the cannon is over heating too! it might explode if i keep this up!"

The bombs were coming too fast for Cloud, as he deflected another, he saw one heading right for him! He swept his wings to deflect it, but it exploded, sending Cloud falling hard onto the deck, burns on his chest and wings.

"oh god!" striker said running toward cloud as fast as he could, finally making it to cloud "stay calm it's going to be alright!"striker immediately picked up cloud and carried him to the bunk room, "geez your heavy! were almost there just stay calm!" striker said more to himself then to cloud.

((cannons don't overheat they take too long to reload.))

Kyros facehoofed to Ratchet's response, "Ratchet, if it will get rid of these ponies, I'd do almost anything."

Kyros approached Ratchet and put the saddle around the both of them to tie them togeather, "Are you ready to take flight?"

(edited)

((well cannons don't exactly overheat because they aren't shot repeatedly... They just sort of get shot a maximum number of time and then explode... which is worse in someways))

"I'm ready" Shouted Ratchet, "take me up and we'll get up close and personal with our friends!" He lifted the heavy Gatling gun with the help of some magic and prepared to fly for real.

"damnit your bleeding out! we need a medic!" striker took his lucky bandana and tied it around cloud's wound to keep the blood in. "talk to me how many hoof's am i holding up?" striker said raising a hoof.

(edited)

"Aye aye, captain," Ratchet said, steadily he pushed down on the firing pedal and a shower of lead rained down on the first airship. Almost immediately the hydrogen ignited and flames engulfed the entire ship. The next ship felt a similar fate in seconds, but when turning towards the remaining two he felt Kyros lunge forward. Ratchet knew the old pegasus was tiring, carrying him alone was work, plus the added weight of the gun. "Kyros you need to land, you won't be able to keep this up!"

"Right, I didn't want to complain." He flew up to the top of the balloon of the third Airship and unstrapped the saddle that was connecting them. Kyros panted, "W-We're safe here," he panted some more, "They're not goi-going to shoot at their own ballo-balloon."

(edited)

((Kyle please post all totally OOC comments on the OOC thread, Jdor please read the earlier posts thoroughly to make sure you don't miss anything, there is a medic unicorn on board the Antigone who isn't played by anyone, just go on with that as if you were talking to him instead of Kyros and Ratchet))

"Or not," already about ten of the Industrial ponies were scrambling up the ratlines to the topside of the balloon. "Captain, I can't risk firing up here or I could blow us all to Tartarus. We can't best them physically, What do we do?"