Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should I get PonyOS?

flutterbard

Only do that if you're pretty sure. PonyOS looks very different from Windows. Also you might want to try it on Virtual box first before installing it to your real computer.

In my opinion, even Windows XP looks way better than that.

From what I know about this, it's based on unix (Not linux surprisingly) and that it was built from scratch. I have never used it but I could probably just run it in a hypervisor and see how it works.

My advice as someone who understands computers:

Do not install this under any circumstances. An OS made from an unverified source on a unique kernal that is untested and unvetted by any reputable group is very very very unsafe. It looks amateurish as well so that's not a good sign. An OS like this could cause damage to your machine, but worse is that it can be a serious risk to your privacy and security.

I highly advise against using it. To top that off, it basically will be incompatible with... Pretty much most of everything.

1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

My advice as someone who understands computers:

Do not install this under any circumstances. An OS made from an unverified source on a unique kernal that is untested and unvetted by any reputable group is very very very unsafe. It looks amateurish as well so that's not a good sign. An OS like this could cause damage to your machine, but worse is that it can be a serious risk to your privacy and security.

I highly advise against using it. To top that off, it basically will be incompatible with... Pretty much most of everything.

There is no risk running this on a hypervisor or a burner computer. I would recommend a hypervisor and having it set so it's just an internal connection. Probably don't want the connection to be bridged to your actual computer.

As far as I can see from the screen shots, it is using the similar I don't know it, I see only pictures gui like LXDE. (Or is it LXDE?)
While it looks nice and everything, I shouldn't try it neither, I simply don't know what would run in my machine. Ok...now I don't know that exactly too, especially when I'm booted into Windows.
If you want to ponify your system, then I would suggest you use theme packages regardless it is a Windows/Linux OS. Security....