Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do collectivist societies blame the community rather than the individual?

heavens-champion

Now I do not agree with collectivists but they are right in one thing. Society does contribute be it via negligence of the signs, failure to render aid, or direct cruel behavior that contribute to the individual being driven towards the actions they took. IE nothing exists in a vacuum. 

It's a package deal. If the community is responsible for all it's successes, it must be accountable for all it's failures.  Just like in an individualistic society, the individual must take responsibility for succsess and failure. Otherwise you end up with hypocrisy. 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:49 PM, Santa Barik said:

Honestly, you answered your own question. Collective societies operate in a collective. So if something goes right or wrong it's the collective that is to blame.

I didn't answer my own question. I just worded it the way it is because I wanted to be specific.

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

I didn't answer my own question. I just worded it the way it is because I wanted to be specific.

I would say you did. Collectivist societies are based almost complerely around the community or the collective (to clarify how the question answers itself). So if one person in the community fails the society, the rest of the community also fails the society.

• Brohoof 1