Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Ventriloquism

chaosprincess

(edited)

Hello everybody :kirin:

So during the quarantine I ended up getting into ventriloquism and started to practice a little here and there to find I really love it I ended up watching a lot of old videos on Paul Winchell he's done some voice acting as well some may know him as the original voice of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh he did other voices as well and got into other things in his life, but he was famous for his ventriloquism soon after watching his videos I found a video where he teaches you how to do it and I of course took notes he made it so much easier I do plan on getting my own ventriloquism dummy once the money is there and I would love to start collecting dummies some may find them creepy, but there is something about them that I love.

Now I am nowhere near a professional when it comes to ventriloquism just something I picked up and started so I am still a noob when it comes to it lol, but it's a really fun hobby that I plan on continuing to get better at and I highly recommend watching Paul Winchell perform with his dummies he was a comedian as well so his skits with the dummies were funny back then and still funny till this day.

Edited by chaosprincess

I think that's an awesome hobby to have and knowing you your already are a natural at entertaining. I myself love it at first when you showed me it I thought It was going to be meh but I ended up actually really loving it. Especially with Paul Winchell he really made feel as if puppets were alive. Not to mention his later bits were actually quite funny. I should really help you get that slappy dummy you've been wanting whenever we get paid again. :okiedokieloki:

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

@chaosprincess

Altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context.

May I ask why? its just about a hobby I picked up which I speak about it and the only questions I asked is if they would pick it as a hobby as well and their take on it

I will remove the questions at the bottom and just name it Ventriloquism since the topic is not about if people practice it, but a hobby I picked up

Edited by chaosprincess

40 minutes ago, AriaTheLovely said:

I think that's an awesome hobby to have and knowing you your already are a natural at entertaining. I myself love it at first when you showed me it I thought It was going to be meh but I ended up actually really loving it. Especially with Paul Winchell he really made feel as if puppets were alive. Not to mention his later bits were actually quite funny. I should really help you get that slappy dummy you've been wanting whenever we get paid again. :okiedokieloki:

Paul Winchell is one of the people who really got me into it watching him inspired me to want to learn it and he is so funny and It's okay I always say if you are meant to have something you will get it.

• 1 year later...