Fledgling guitar player- Want some Pony tabs!

Wonko_the_Sane

Hey, ya'll. I've been learning to play guitar over the last year, and my progress has been pretty slow because I can't seem to find any songs I really want to play. I can read music, but I still find tabs easiest to work with while I'm still learning songs. I also play the penny whistle, but that really doesn't help me a whole lot, heh.

Does anyone have any suggestion about where to find good MLP guitar tabs? I'm really on the lookout for stuff from Equestria Girls as well as the mane series, 'Let it Rain' almost always makes me cry just a little. Been scouring google and various other search engines for the things, but having a very rough time finding anything at all.

I'm hoping you fine fillies and colts have some leads I might pursue? Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Here you go.

We have an archive of several pony things on 4chan. I also do have some really rare tabs. Nothing I'd share publicly on a thread, though.

Hope those tabs suffice your needs.

This is great, thank you very much! Lots to dig my teeth into  here, can't wait to get started.

Cheers! :Rara:

All the MLP tabs I've made so far are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyRRzUkJWVnu4p9fsQvRHJsWdyTvRL6r0

They're all for classical fingerstyle guitar. Download links in description. I put GP7, GP5, PDF and midi in the zip. Hope it helps.

P.S. If you're reading the standard musical notation though, almost all of my tabs have incorrect key signature though. I don't really know how to set that.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I could whip up some custom tabs for ya. Just tell me the song you want to learn and I could make it for you along with the melody/harmony notes!

The one I really, REALLY want to learn is 'Let it Rain' by Sunset Shimmer. That song moves me to tears nearly every time. Thanks so much for the offer! I can't offer much in return, but I'm a pretty good editor if you want something proofread. Love offering feedback! :squee:

45 minutes ago, Blackfire Blaze said:

All the MLP tabs I've made so far are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyRRzUkJWVnu4p9fsQvRHJsWdyTvRL6r0

They're all for classical fingerstyle guitar. Download links in description. I put GP7, GP5, PDF and midi in the zip. Hope it helps.

P.S. If you're reading the standard musical notation though, almost all of my tabs have incorrect key signature though. I don't really know how to set that.

Thank you for the link, this should work nicely! I'm learning on an acoustic electric, so I'm guessing classical guitar should scale (hah!) nicely. Lots of stuff to dig into here, you're awesome. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had any luck learning Let it Rain? I love that song too. :love: In case you still need it here's my WIP tab of the song: https://mega.nz/file/HJwwWBYb#i1G0c4_eMRUbTdXj_l-UOGpM2_XPKxwvEoZlLiLlgGg

From a fingerstyle standpoint the song will work out best with a capo on 2, but I went ahead and made a second set of files transposed to standard tuning. It's only tabbed up through one complete verse (beginning of verse 2), but I have the vocal melody and guitar tracks tabbed for whichever tuning you would prefer. :darling:

If you need a free program to open the GP files I recommend TuxGuitar. But I made PDFs too just in case you prefer those. :mlp_icwudt:

(edited)
On 2021-03-21 at 10:10 AM, Blackfire Blaze said:

Have you had any luck learning Let it Rain? I love that song too. :love: In case you still need it here's my WIP tab of the song: https://mega.nz/file/HJwwWBYb#i1G0c4_eMRUbTdXj_l-UOGpM2_XPKxwvEoZlLiLlgGg

From a fingerstyle standpoint the song will work out best with a capo on 2, but I went ahead and made a second set of files transposed to standard tuning. It's only tabbed up through one complete verse (beginning of verse 2), but I have the vocal melody and guitar tracks tabbed for whichever tuning you would prefer. :darling:

If you need a free program to open the GP files I recommend TuxGuitar. But I made PDFs too just in case you prefer those. :mlp_icwudt:

This is so amazing, I'm floored by the effort you put in here. I'm still really, really new with guitar, trying to get my hand to handle an F-chord at present! This is going to be the song that cuts my guitar-playing teeth, I think. Lots to figure out here going forward, at the moment I'm basically just learning to strum chords. Single-string picking is going to be a challenge!

My music reading comes from singing in choir in my youth and playing penny whistle as an adult- guitar is an entirely different animal. You rock, Blackfire Blaze. Thanks again for some amazing work. Once I get this song figured out, I'll send you a recording!!

You're awesome, and thanks again. Hope I can return the favour at some point!

Edit: No luck on learning 'Let it Rain,' but you fixed that. Time for me to get to work!!

Edited by Wonko_the_Sane
  • Brohoof 1

You're welcome @Wonko_the_Sane Really it was no biggie. I had that much tabbed out since forever ago, I've just been giving other tabs priority. And transposing tracks to different tunings is super easy with the Guitar Pro program I use. :mlp_lie: Actually, after I packed up those files for you I was in the mood to sit down and work on it some more so I finally finished up my solo fingerstyle version.  :squee:

Yeah I think everyone struggles with the F bar-chord at first. I did for a while. It's about the same as the B minor chord. Your hand and fingers will get used to it. Find the best position for your thumb on the back of the neck. :mlp_smug:

Awesome! I look forward to hearing you play it! I'll post you the updated files for the full song in a bit.

• Brohoof 1

hmmmmmmm would be cool to get some guitar support going, I've got one next to me at all times but man have I been slack when it comes to practice

• Brohoof 2

@Wonko_the_Sane here are the tabs for the full song: https://mega.nz/file/rdgmQQIR#D3aUfYK72nyuzS52J711G0FJngBVz6sVTqArRkFNToI

It's the WIP of my duet version. I just need to figure out the vocal harmonies, particularly the 2nd chorus. But the guitar is fully tabbed, including the outro which was missing in the previous files.

Edit: Also, you can change the "D-string-4" to a "G-string-0" to make it easier to play. I have it tabbed that way to make it sound cooler with the 1 and 4 ringing out against each other. 

Edited by Blackfire Blaze
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-03-22 at 6:03 PM, Snow said:

hmmmmmmm would be cool to get some guitar support going, I've got one next to me at all times but man have I been slack when it comes to practice

I've been pretty slack in my practice too, most days. I get around 15 minutes of practice in per day at the moment, but that's also because I'm constantly trying to figure out that Fchord. I just keep trying until my hand hurts too much to use! Still, I think some guitar practice among bronies sounds kinda awesome. Any ideas?

On 2021-03-22 at 6:06 PM, Blackfire Blaze said:

@Wonko_the_Sane here are the tabs for the full song: https://mega.nz/file/rdgmQQIR#D3aUfYK72nyuzS52J711G0FJngBVz6sVTqArRkFNToI

It's the WIP of my duet version. I just need to figure out the vocal harmonies, particularly the 2nd chorus. But the guitar is fully tabbed, including the outro which was missing in the previous files.

Edit: Also, you can change the "D-string-4" to a "G-string-0" to make it easier to play. I have it tabbed that way to make it sound cooler with the 1 and 4 ringing out against each other. 

Downloaded the freshest version, starting to get to work on it! Thanks again Blackfire, you're the best!

• Brohoof 1