Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for MLP sheet music

Cozy Glow 27

Hey!

I wonder if I can get sheet music of MLP piano covers.

Also, does anyone know about this channel where Matias Penaloza composes piano covers for various songs of MLP. For example, the cover of The Magic of Friendship Grows is great, in my opinion. I draw inspiration from this if that helps.

Spoiler

Hey there, I see this is your first time here at the forums! Well I'd like to personally welcome you to MLPF. I really hope you enjoy your stay here. 

I started by moving your thread to the Vinyl's creative resources area of the forums. You will find really helpful musical threads there. 

Second, I've seen that channel, but unfortunately, I had to remove the link...unless it's your sheet music, I'm afraid that it's against the rules to post links to resources that aren't yours personally. 

Third, I actually have quite a bit of MLP piano sheet music. PM me if you'd like some links and we could discuss how to play them. Hope this helped you out. See you around!

@Cozy Glow 27

Creating a thread in an effort to drive traffic to a YouTube channel or a YouTube video is not suitable for discussion. However, since you are also asking for assistance with piano sheet music, I have altered this thread’s title/descriptor to give it that context.

• The title was changed to Looking for MLP sheet music
4 hours ago, Cozy Glow 27 said:

Take a look on my own transcriptions. I've tried to render the music as more accurately as possible.

Flawless.pdf 117.21 kB · 0 downloads Friendship_U.pdf 134.65 kB · 0 downloads

As a person who arranges piano music, the best way to really approach this is to do what I call "harmony splitting". What this means is that you split the harmonies between the right and left. Sometimes, you will have to make sacrifices because we only have 10 fingers and could move them in only so many ways.

I took a look at your sheets and you have way too many repetitive chords. Transcriptions work better if you want an exact melody. Arrangements give you more freedom. This means you can add more variation. Some direct transcriptions won't sound as good, especially on an instrument like the piano. 

PM me if you'd like to learn more and talk. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-04-11 at 7:29 AM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

As a person who arranges piano music, the best way to really approach this is to do what I call "harmony splitting". What this means is that you split the harmonies between the right and left. Sometimes, you will have to make sacrifices because we only have 10 fingers and could move them in only so many ways.

I took a look at your sheets and you have way too many repetitive chords. Transcriptions work better if you want an exact melody. Arrangements give you more freedom. This means you can add more variation. Some direct transcriptions won't sound as good, especially on an instrument like the piano. 

PM me if you'd like to learn more and talk. 

It is my dream to make piano covers to all songs of MLP. Because actually not all songs have their covers. However, I like most of them.

2 hours ago, Cozy Glow 27 said:

It is my dream to make piano covers to all songs of MLP. Because actually not all songs have their covers. However, I like most of them.

You could also learn how to play them by ear. But if you'd rather make sheets, as I said, the best way is to make arrangements, rather than transcriptions.