Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Organ music

Goofyg27

(edited)

We have a old pump organ that still works, it's fun to mess around with(I don't know how to play it). Organ music is pretty good though.

Its story is that they hauled it around in a horse drawn wagon to dances, events, celebrations, churches, etc during the homesteading era and somehow it ended up on our ranch as its home.

No idea how they moved it so much. It weighs a ton, 4 of us could only get it to slide on the hardwood floor.

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 1

There’s an organ at my brother’s theater, left by the previous owners when they sold the place to him. Neither of us play so I’ve never any music from it. But I hear organ music at church and I like it very much. Like all instruments it has its place and provides a unique and beautiful sound.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

My parents used to have an organ, but neither of them could play. :huh: I think they got it from a garage sale.

What kind of home organ is it though? There are different types of them.

Is it something like this one? Church Organ Systems Prestige digital organ - Baldwin Piano & Organ Center

Or this one?

Hammond organ - Cadette V-322 | eBay

6 hours ago, Jonny Music said:

What kind of home organ is it though? There are different types of them.

Is it something like this one? Church Organ Systems Prestige digital organ - Baldwin Piano & Organ Center

Or this one?

Hammond organ - Cadette V-322 | eBay

The second one, I’d say. 

(edited)
On 2021-05-16 at 5:12 AM, Cagey said:

The second one, I’d say. 

I figured as much. Nothing wrong with it, it's just that I don't really like the way those keyboards are laid out. Plus, they're not my preferred type of organ, personally-speaking.

I know this because I was a former church organist before COVID started shaking things up the way I didn't expect.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...