Art Program Automatically Resizes Photos And I Want It To Stop

When I open and edit a photo using the app PicsArt, it automatically resizes it to a larger size. For example, if I upload a 600x200 image to PicsArt, edit it, and export it to my iPad photos, it gets changed to an absurdly large size like 1,000x2,000. I have no idea why this happens and I haven’t been able to find any answers.

I don’t know if other art programs do this so if anyone has any answers, I would appreciate it.

• Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

Register now to remove this ad.
6 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

When I open and edit a photo using the app PicsArt, it automatically resizes it to a larger size. For example, if I upload a 600x200 image to PicsArt, edit it, and export it to my iPad photos, it gets changed to an absurdly large size like 1,000x2,000. I have no idea why this happens and I haven’t been able to find any answers.

I don’t know if other art programs do this so if anyone has any answers, I would appreciate it.

PhotoScape X (The program I use.) has an option called "Preserve Aspect Ratio", does PicsArt have that option, too? 

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

That seems abnormal for a program to do. Have a screencap of what the settings look like?
Might be some default settings getting in the way

• Brohoof 1

I’m thinking perhaps the canvas size is set to that large size and the image is just trying to fit into that. I’ve never used that software though so I don’t know for sure.

• Brohoof 1