general questions 2 people, 1 account

Kitty_Cat
Go to solution Solved by Splashee,

(edited)

I know you guys are against having 1 person controlling 2 or more accounts and I completely get it.

But what do you feel about 2 people controlling one account, each person willingly having the other? Like, rules wise.

This is a really dumb question, I know. Can’t get it off my sleepless mind.

Edited by Kitty_Cat

I don't know about *right now*, but historically that kinda thing was heavily discouraged. It made it very difficult for staff to untangle things if 'stuff' happened, and it invariably did.

1) Just because it's willing right now, doesn't mean that in a year's time it still will be.

2) The more people who know the passwords and whatnot to a single account, the more likely that info will get out.

3) One person acts out, both get the fallout, which is unfair.

27 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

I don't know about *right now*, but historically that kinda thing was heavily discouraged. It made it very difficult for staff to untangle things if 'stuff' happened, and it invariably did.

1) Just because it's willing right now, doesn't mean that in a year's time it still will be.

2) The more people who know the passwords and whatnot to a single account, the more likely that info will get out.

3) One person acts out, both get the fallout, which is unfair.

I understand the risks fully; my friend and I already use a Discord account in joint; it’s his account, but I have access to ensure he’s okay. I rarely use it otherwise.

It’ll be generally the same here, though it is my account he will borrow it from time to time; he is interested in the MLP series, but is unsure if he should make an account of his own, ever. I’m allowing him to use mine until he passes by his paranoia and makes one of his own.

We’ve set our own rules and guidelines for ease and in case things go wrong. I’m just wondering if it’s against the site’s rules, is all.

8 hours ago, Kitty_Cat said:

2 or more accounts and I completely get it.

As for one account having more people controlling it, it is still just one account (and that is fine by the rules).
However, there is absolutely no way to repair a bad reputation if you let someone else control your own account. You aren't allowed to repair your own reputation by creating a new account. Take good care of your one and only user account.

But for others that might not get the idea why duplicate accounts are bad:

When one person uses more than one account (either multiple at the same time, or a new account to abandon an old one), it becomes deceptive (at best), especially on a friendly forum where people see each user as a unique person. It gets worse if you include everything you can do by acting as a different person, which I won't bring up here. To simplify it, it is against the rules.

• Brohoof 5