Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why no FiM games?

Gale Wind

If there was an MLP:FiM game, it would likely be just like My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure ..that being a simple adventure game for children. It wouldn’t be anything worth playing in my opinion.

I would only be interested if we got a game that was a little more adult-oriented. I don’t necessarily mean a violent, bloody fighting game Mortal Kombat style but something that isn’t designed for ages 3+. Let’s up the age range so it is more appealing to more people.

• Brohoof 3

There should at least have been one adventure game for G4 with such popularity. I wonder why no one took charge during the active years of the fandom?

• Brohoof 1

Because Hasbro was full of incompetent quacks who cared more about mobile. It's also the reason why we didn't get a video game for any of their franchises for 5 straight years(except for Battle For the Grid, though that was likely in the works before Hasbro purchasing Power Rangers)

They had Wayforward lined up and willing to make a FiM game and nothing came of it

• Brohoof 1

I had a million ideas for games featuring FiM ponies back in 2013. Other Bronies at the time must have had the same thoughts. It was a great opportunity for any game studio to reach out to Hasbro, but nothing happened.

• Brohoof 1

Seems like back then every single IP was putting out mobile games from 2013-2017 so guess Hasbro saw that and went along with it. Licensed games like that on consoles seemed more common on the Gamecube, Ps2, DS and GBA around the 2000s (Hence the G3 GBA games) 

• 2 weeks later...