Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Visual Issue] Making the first reply to a post a user makes on another user's profile page (in single status view) results in textbox to get stuck in "Saving..."; Prefix option not maintained; ...

Luna the Great of all the Russias

Issue #1:

This is the second time I noticed this happening, so I wonder if this is a bug rather than a fluke. When I reply to a message posted by another user on my profile page, the text box freezes at "Saving..." When refreshing the page, it shows that the reply was successfully made after all.

image.thumb.png.ca49cf37c748115f63bbf0dfd16542ee.png

image.thumb.png.453b08e90c175f46411c222526477539.png

I made more replies from my profile activity feed as well as the single status view. It appears that they have functioned normally. So the freezing seems to happen only for the first reply to the post a user makes on another user's profile. Not sure if this visual freezing happens in other cases.

image.thumb.png.6e783ba5d23f3100801340ee0631fa9e.png

Issue #2

When editing a thread in the Site Questions section (such as this one), the Prefix field reverts to blank instead of maintaining the option the user chose before.

Issue #3

Would it be possible to make it so that a user can delete replies to a profile post? In testing Issue #1, I now have two out of context replies in that profile post that I cannot delete.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to [Visual Issue] Making the first reply to a post a user makes on another user's profile page (in single status view) results in textbox to get stuck in "Saving..."; Prefix option not maintained; ...
5 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Issue #1:

This is the second time I noticed this happening, so I wonder if this is a bug rather than a fluke. When I reply to a message posted by another user on my profile page, the text box freezes at "Saving..." When refreshing the page, it shows that the reply was successfully made after all.

This has been asked about before and sadly, there is no way to fix it:

5 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Issue #3

Would it be possible to make it so that a user can delete replies to a profile post? In testing Issue #1, I now have two out of context replies in that profile post that I cannot delete

A few years back, users had the choice of deleting their statuses, and it was used to such effect that you got a notification for a status but when you clicked on it, it was gone. Some (but not all) of those statuses that got removed by the OP had evil intentions against members in public, and was shown for a limited time to avoid getting reported.
Nowadays, statuses don’t get deleted but they get hidden if requested.

As a side note, once replying to a status, you will get notifications even if you get your reply removed (hidden that is). Meaning, you will have to survive 100s of notifications for a train of “:lookup:” replies.

The best cause of action is to just edit your status reply and remove the text. Or have it hidden by a moderator.

• Brohoof 1