Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro Creates Hasbro Entertainment, Hasbro Set to Develop MLP Project

Misty Shadow

Oh yeah, this is the news we needed after the one-two punch of Make Your Mark not being renewed combined with the report of Hasbro's continued declining revenue...

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/hasbro-entertainment-eone-olivier-dumont-zev-foreman-gabriel-marano-1235698163/

They may not be planning another MLP movie like some are hoping or a follow-up series to MYM like I'm hoping, but it's great to be endowed with optimism by Hasbro-related news for a change. :coolandhip:

Edited by Misty Shadow
  • Brohoof 3

Now I'm just confused given their previous gutting of their entertainment division

At the very least I hope this means more MLP movies and some TF movies that follow more the lines of the recent ROTB movie

• Brohoof 1

Interesting news. I was wondering WTF Hasbro was planning to do to manage their content production after selling off eOne. They just hired back key people from it? What in Tartarus did this even accomplish?

I'm still disappointed in them getting rid of Boulder Media. They really showed us what was possible with a vertically integrated operation where the people who worked on the movie were part of the same company that made the toys and those who answered for the MLP brand. Atomic Cartoons stepped up their game fantastically with Make Your Mark but I was hoping we might get something like the quality of MLP:ANG again eventually, or that Boulder might have been allowed to make an MLP series.

This is still good news though insofar that it means Hasbro's post-Goldner leadership hasn't completely given up on content production as something the company should care more than a passing thought about.

@Misty Shadow Where did you see it stated that "Hasbro Entertainment" is developing a new MLP project? This quip from the article sounds like it could be referring to MYM or TYT:

Hasbro is currently developing and producing over two dozen projects based on major IP like “Dungeons & Dragons,” “Transformers,” “GI JOE,” “NERF,” “Play-Doh,” “Magic: The Gathering,” “Peppa Pig,” and “My Little Pony.”

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2023-08-17 at 10:26 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

Interesting news. I was wondering WTF Hasbro was planning to do to manage their content production after selling off eOne. They just hired back key people from it? What in Tartarus did this even accomplish?

I'm still disappointed in them getting rid of Boulder Media. They really showed us what was possible with a vertically integrated operation where the people who worked on the movie were part of the same company that made the toys and those who answered for the MLP brand. Atomic Cartoons stepped up their game fantastically with Make Your Mark but I was hoping we might get something like the quality of MLP:ANG again eventually, or that Boulder might have been allowed to make an MLP series.

This is still good news though insofar that it means Hasbro's post-Goldner leadership hasn't completely given up on content production as something the company should care more than a passing thought about.

@Misty Shadow Where did you see it stated that "Hasbro Entertainment" is developing a new MLP project? This quip from the article sounds like it could be referring to MYM or TYT:

I know that the excerpt from the article could be talking about either/or. Thus why I said "MLP project", since it could be referring to anything My Little Pony-related. 

EDIT: Finally saw what you meant, amended the topic title. 

Edited by Misty Shadow

12 hours ago, Megas said:

Now I'm just confused given their previous gutting of their entertainment division

I'm not. It's always been Hasbro's dream to have their own big-name studio. They begrudgingly sold Boulder Media and, to an extent, begrudgingly sold eOne to help pay off their debt. Them selling those subsidiaries wasn't their way of giving up on their dream, it was them giving up on trying to achieve their goal with studios they purchased. They're now moving on to trying to accomplish that goal with a division they've created, it's as simple as that. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Hasbro Creates Hasbro Entertainment, Hasbro Set to Develop MLP Project