Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi everypony!

Nightlight1313

Hey there! I've been a brony since around when FiM season 2 released. Not sure how I missed this site but better late than never! I'm really happy to be a part of this community again :)

Some things about me... I like horror movies and games, though I typically wind up pretty behind on new releases. I also like metal and noise music - I actually have my own pony-metal project somewhat in the works! No promises regarding release dates though :lie:

Nightlight is my OC/Ponysona. (No relation to Twilight's dad, I may-or-may-not-have forgotten that was his name when I designed her...) Her cutie mark is an eye because her special talent is seeing beauty in everything!

pony-town-Nightlight!-fly-4x(1).png

• Brohoof 8
  • Excited 1

34 minutes ago, Thankful Brony 42 said:

Hi and welcome to the forums. I like metal too.

Thanks! Any kind in particular? :squee:

27 minutes ago, crimsonpuff123 said:

Hi there welcome new pony welcome welcome!

Thanks! It says you're new, also - welcome to you, too! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, IsochronalYetSublime said:

Heyo, fellow metalhead! You like death metal?

Oh absolutely! Death-doom in particular is one of my favorite subgenres, but I do listen to more tradish DM on occasion too :P

In high school especially I used to listen to a lot of slam, but admittedly I might not remember some of those specifics XD

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

5 minutes ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Oh absolutely! Death-doom in particular is one of my favorite subgenres, but I do listen to more tradish DM on occasion too :P

In high school especially I used to listen to a lot of slam, but admittedly I might not remember some of those specifics XD

Death-doom??? AW HELL YES!!! That's some good shit right there. I'm more a fan of old school death metal, but stuff like Asphyx gets my goat.

Also, slam eh? Honestly, the only slam band I ever truly liked was Devourment xD

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, IsochronalYetSublime said:

Death-doom??? AW HELL YES!!! That's some good shit right there. I'm more a fan of old school death metal, but stuff like Asphyx gets my goat.

Also, slam eh? Honestly, the only slam band I ever truly liked was Devourment xD

Yeah XD though I haven't really picked it up again since I found stuff more my style. I love me some Peaceville  :yay:

I really need to catch up on my OSDM... Bolt Thrower's been on my to-listen list for how many years now? I don't even have an excuse anymore XD

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

6 minutes ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Yeah XD though I haven't really picked it up again since I found stuff more my style. I love me some Peaceville  :yay:

I really need to catch up on my OSDM... Bolt Thrower's been on my to-listen list for how many years now? I don't even have an excuse anymore XD

DUUUUUUUUUDE You gotta listen to Bolt Thrower, man!! All their albums and b-sides are top-tier OSDM I promise ya that :laugh: 

(Also, unrelated question, but do you guitar? You mentioned a pony-metal project and I'm just curious xP)

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, IsochronalYetSublime said:

DUUUUUUUUUDE You gotta listen to Bolt Thrower, man!! All their albums and b-sides are top-tier OSDM I promise ya that :laugh: 

(Also, unrelated question, but do you guitar? You mentioned a pony-metal project and I'm just curious xP)

I knowwww XD OTL are there any albums in particular you'd recommend starting with? Those huge discogs can be overwhelming o_o

...And sort of on the guitaring, very much a newbie. I can maybe play Suicide Jag on a good day XD

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Nightlight1313 said:

I knowwww XD OTL are there any albums in particular you'd recommend starting with? Those huge discogs can be overwhelming o_o

...And sort of on the guitaring, very much a newbie. I can maybe play Suicide Jag on a good day XD

My personal favourites are For Victory and The Fourth Crusade. Riffage on the former, atmosphere on the latter, but both are equally awesome! :Pip-giggle:

And ooh, a fellow newbie! I'm kinda new myself; I've played for the better part of three years. Only now getting into shredding xD What songs would you wanna cover in the future?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, IsochronalYetSublime said:

My personal favourites are For Victory and The Fourth Crusade. Riffage on the former, atmosphere on the latter, but both are equally awesome! :Pip-giggle:

And ooh, a fellow newbie! I'm kinda new myself; I've played for the better part of three years. Only now getting into shredding xD What songs would you wanna cover in the future?

Alright, those are what I'll add to my bookmarks then!

My Dying Bride has some absolutely beautiful melodies I would love to get to play someday, (namely A Doomed Lover, I am OBSESSED with that song always and forever) even if it means forking out the cash for a 7-string. With 7-string in tow, pretty much anything on Mirrorthrone's Gangrene as well. In the meantime, I'll try for Christbait Rising The June Frost. Maaayyyybe Napalm Death's Contagion if my coordination manages to reach that point. Something nice about liking doom metal is how many options I have even as a beginner :P What about you?

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Trot Shuffle said:

Welcome! Looks like you're already enjoying it here, awesome :fluttershy:

I wish you best of luck on your pony metal project ;)

1 hour ago, Clawdeen said:

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you both so much!

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-11-07 at 1:21 PM, Nightlight1313 said:

Alright, those are what I'll add to my bookmarks then!

My Dying Bride has some absolutely beautiful melodies I would love to get to play someday, (namely A Doomed Lover, I am OBSESSED with that song always and forever) even if it means forking out the cash for a 7-string. With 7-string in tow, pretty much anything on Mirrorthrone's Gangrene as well. In the meantime, I'll try for Christbait Rising The June Frost. Maaayyyybe Napalm Death's Contagion if my coordination manages to reach that point. Something nice about liking doom metal is how many options I have even as a beginner :P What about you?

Woops! Sorry for the late reply; life kept me away for a bit :ButtercupLaugh: Anyhow, those all seem like awesome choices! Especially Napalm Death ^^ And yeah death-doom can be pretty easy to play hahahah

Hmm, I'd love to cover some of my favourite death metal bands first. From Disincarnate, Monarch of the Sleeping Marches; Bolt Thrower, The 4th Crusade; and Vader, Creatures of Light and Darkness. Then I'd love to move on to something more technical, like Vektor's Tetrastructural Minds or Coroner's Pale Sister. Probably woild take a while before I get there tho :D

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

22 hours ago, IsochronalYetSublime said:

Woops! Sorry for the late reply; life kept me away for a bit :ButtercupLaugh: Anyhow, those all seem like awesome choices! Especially Napalm Death ^^ And yeah death-doom can be pretty easy to play hahahah

Hmm, I'd love to cover some of my favourite death metal bands first. From Disincarnate, Monarch of the Sleeping Marches; Bolt Thrower, The 4th Crusade; and Vader, Creatures of Light and Darkness. Then I'd love to move on to something more technical, like Vektor's Tetrastructural Minds or Coroner's Pale Sister. Probably woild take a while before I get there tho :D

No worries about replying late, I know how it is sometimes :BrightMacContent:

Those sound like really good picks! :o Even if they wind up taking a lot of practice. I know I usually feel like I learn things better when I have something ambitious I'm working towards!

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

On 2023-11-11 at 10:55 AM, Nightlight1313 said:

No worries about replying late, I know how it is sometimes :BrightMacContent:

Those sound like really good picks! :o Even if they wind up taking a lot of practice. I know I usually feel like I learn things better when I have something ambitious I'm working towards!

Well, I plan on making pony metal in the future so that's my driving motivation HAHAHA :Cool-shades: Gonna be the latest lead guitarist brony in the scene dontchaknow! 

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

On 2023-11-12 at 5:09 PM, IsochronalYetSublime said:

Well, I plan on making pony metal in the future so that's my driving motivation HAHAHA :Cool-shades: Gonna be the latest lead guitarist brony in the scene dontchaknow! 

OOooo I can't wait to hear what you wind up making!! Don't forget me at the top~

If you ever need band name ideas, I remember someone on Pony Town gave me the suggestion "Fillykiller" and I'm honestly really sad it doesn't fit my project enough XD I feel remiss letting go to waste

13 hours ago, Hadrien said:

Ooooooh, a Spooky Shadow Pony. Welcome, and please don't eat my soul !

Thanks xP don't worry, I don't eat souls... Except for dessert!

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1