Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPFiM - (Un)Natural Respite (Longform slightly-alternate timeline adventure)

Nocitetdoomgolem

This Roleplay takes place in an AU where post-S9 Chrysalis broke free, traveled back in time to S6 with a modern equestrian history book and framed Starlight for trying to force Our Town to adopt equality again during the events of the episode "Every little thing she does", forcing Twilight to officially reject her as her pupil and turning her into an outlaw. What follows is a three way (or more (more on that later)) metaphorical chess match between Chrysalis, Starlight and Twilight. Everything follows canon unless stated here, a part of the surprises I have up my sleeve or in characters that will be a part of this's info, I intend for this to be a longterm adventure 1x1 thing though my choice ultimately depends on the responses, this is an attempt to do something that will give me a similar feeling to what I got from the show but different enough to not feel the same as just roleplaying what happened in the show

Anyone interested may choose to play one/multiple ponies/characters, I will act like a DM and play NPCs. This setting is intended to follow Starlight with some small "episodes" or atleast interlude messages dedicated to following/foreshadowing background stuff but I have prepared smaller scenarios surrounding other characters incase those interested wish to play with those or we decide to do small episodes following them

If each significant event I have planed would be worthy enough to constitute an "episode" assuming circumstances dont make me skip any, on a "regular" Starlight focused playthrough I would have about a half seasons worth presently, I love talking about it but I feel alot of the fun would be ruined if I talked my more specific ideas in public, (Some surprise is fun!) if you want to know more my private messages are open

Starting point can be anywhere a bit before the episode "Every little thing she does" for some buildup to Starlight and Trixie setting off to get into the original plots immediately

=================================================================
Significant character introduction/recap

Queen Chrysalis
The "Big bad evil guy" ...right(?)
Starlight has been exiled and her spy network tells her Equestia is moving in mostly otherwise familiar patterns, everything has gone according to plan but not everything is as it was, hints of new threats appear to be rising despite her being almost ontop of the world, can she identify, learn about and prepare for these while trying to take over Equestria while she can still somewhat predict history?

Twilight
The Wary Guardian
Recent events have gotten to her to put it lightly, how could she continue to do her best if she does her best and it isn't good enough? to her, Twilights incompetence already costed Twilight her star pupil, or maybe she never had one and had her trust in the wrong pony to begin with, either would mean she wasn't competent enough to make the right choice in the moment. Things are bad, little does she know its about to get alot worse, how could she hope to take up role as princess in the future or even ensure a future for her and her friends if she can't even avoid making what are in her mind obvious mistakes?

Starlight Glimmer
Tacit Perseus ...sorta
Despite everything she still desires to live, if not out of a desire to experience true friendship for the first time since fillyhood, then out of spite for whatever existent or nonexistent powers decided she should be here. Her story will be a struggle to learn about and experience friendship while trying to survive and overcome her negative reputation to whatever few creatures would listen

Trixie
Loyal irrelevance
When everyone hated Trixie, no one was there for her, now that the world hates the only pony she could ever call friend, how much is the only pony who believed in her worth to the incompetent yet brazen magician?

Thorax
Innocence standing alone
Thorax has searched his entire life hoping to make a friend, nobody from within the changling lands shares his ideals and everypony in equestria reviles him because of what he is, he has virtually no power to change this and is monitored in virtually every way possible, can someone under these circumstances still end up living atleast a happy portion of a life?

Plightcia
(not) Pinkie Pie
"It's been simple my whole life, or her whole life! 'I'm Pinkie Pie so that means I should just be Pinkie Pie! and all those clones not only could but should disappear because I'm the only one who deserves friends!' What do you do when you want something to be A-O-Kie doki loki, know something can be A-O-Kie doki loki, but it just... isn't... and by all accounts, even your own standards should JUST disappear!? Agh! ...I'm not Pinkie Pie, I accept that, I just want to party, have friends and... why does it have to be like this? I don't think I should exist... Wouldn't it be better if I just disappear?"
A clone of Pinkie Pie created from the death of a monster, has all of Pinkie Pies memories and is being hunted down by who she remembers as her former friends who now want to erase her existence, its non-violently seemingly scarred mane makes blending in to any degree impossible, it must look upon its new life and decide if it wants to try to live or not

Nightmare Moon/Sombra
Learning such a potential threat already exists within Equestria's borders Chrysalis has undoubtedly become interested, she hasn't fully decided on if unleashing them would benefit her plans or not given they will undoubtedly attempt to form their own side but keeps the idea on-hoof as a geopolitical option. if they are unleashed its likely to be near or at the end with Chrysalis attempting to use them to complicate Equestria's position if another group doesn't draw them out first.

======================

Other significant ideas/themes
Not anything that will directly impact the roleplay, just things I had in mind while brainstorming ideas that while I don't intend to imply right or wrong in some way I thought were interesting to think about

Spoiler

(If im competent this should be a spoiler tag)

There are six elements of harmony, but each represents a virtue any pony could possess, this raises multiple questions, if a pony with more "Honesty" than Applejack or more "Magic" Then Twilight comes along or existed while the elements were being divinated, what would happen
Season 9 also suggests that you don't need the elements themselves, if you had significant amounts of these virtues, maybe 6 ponies representing each virtue that aren't the current elements of harmony, could they replicate their magic of friendship?

There are also alot of creatures that by all accounts you would be "right" to some degree to execute for their crimes, Nightmare moon, Sombra, Starlight yet very obviously some of these ponies existence is not only better than others but some an outright good thing depending on the circumstances, do ponies with awkward pasts deserve to die? if so what do you have to do to "deserve" to die, is there a way, rhyme, reason or enviroment for you to be created into that makes you "deserve" to die? and continuing on that, how much can you "deserve" to die, how wrong can you be in the eyes of everyone, have almost everyone if not everyone hate you and still "deserve" to live? or still have your continued existence be a good thing for creatures across the world/the right thing?

If something can be good, if you know it can be good, is it wrong or foolish to see that happen?

What do you do when you don't know what you want to do or nothing you could do would seemingly ever matter? should you go on if it is seemingly well and truly hopeless?

Mind is buddha, not mind is not buddha

If you still have the slightest amount of power in any way shape or form, can you use it to make things better?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting concept. Which characters would players be role playing as? And how will players roleplay them? Would you be roleplaying all the other characters that the players aren’t roleplaying? Is it possible to roleplay Princess Twilight? If so, I would like to roleplay her.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-03-14 at 3:10 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting concept. Which characters would players be role playing as? And how will players roleplay them? Would you be roleplaying all the other characters that the players aren’t roleplaying? Is it possible to roleplay Princess Twilight? If so, I would like to roleplay her.

I forgot about this website for 2 weeks, sorry xd

All characters are open join, the characters that aren't picked I would be playing as DM directly, it is possible to play as Twilight and I am not familiar with forum stuff but I assume this is the part where I say your request is accepted if this ever becomes active :)

1 hour ago, Nocitetdoomgolem said:

I forgot about this website for 2 weeks, sorry xd

You can change your follow settings in this thread to email you when someone replies.

1 hour ago, Nocitetdoomgolem said:

All characters are open join, the characters that aren't picked I would be playing as DM directly, it is possible to play as Twilight and I am not familiar with forum stuff but I assume this is the part where I say your request is accepted if this ever becomes active :)

So are we waiting for someone else to join right now or...?

18 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

You can change your follow settings in this thread to email you when someone replies.

So are we waiting for someone else to join right now or...?

Ah, thats neat

I'm not quite used to forums so forum etiquette is fairly alien to me, I vaguely remember it being against the rules to start roleplay ads with the sole intention to bring it into dms, so it's a bit of both, I don't predict alot more people joining since it's been a month but both avenues, dming me, on discord preferred (My username on discord is the same as my username here, for some reason I can't reflect that in my profile due to UI bugs) but if we get about 2-4 people we could plan out a public version

7 hours ago, Nocitetdoomgolem said:

Ah, thats neat

I'm not quite used to forums so forum etiquette is fairly alien to me, I vaguely remember it being against the rules to start roleplay ads with the sole intention to bring it into dms, so it's a bit of both, I don't predict alot more people joining since it's been a month but both avenues, dming me, on discord preferred (My username on discord is the same as my username here, for some reason I can't reflect that in my profile due to UI bugs) but if we get about 2-4 people we could plan out a public version

Hey there! Just wanted to provide some clarification here. There's nothing against the rules about posting an interest check for an RP that will be going to DMs. You could also post it in the section we have for 1x1 RPs here, if you want. All we ask is that if you do intend to have your RP in DMs, please ensure that everyone involved is aware and is ok with these arrangements. :)