Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In your headcanon is G5 a alternate timeline or alternate timeline and a universe?

WickedGames

I have seen no concrete evidence in G5 at the moment that suggests it takes place in an alternate timeline or alternate universe, so no, neither idea is part of my headcanon. MLP's lore has always been screwy with there being plenty of contradictions and retcons in G4's lore, so "too many things not making sense" is not an indication that G5 takes place in an alternate reality. 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

I have seen no concrete evidence in G5 at the moment that suggests it takes place in an alternate timeline or alternate universe, so no, neither idea is part of my headcanon. MLP's lore has always been screwy with there being plenty of contradictions and retcons in G4's lore, so "too many things not making sense" is not an indication that G5 takes place in an alternate reality. 

Meadowbrook’s five or six artifacts mentioned at the start of S5 but ended up being one artifact for each Pillar. Having two Heartwarming Eves BEFORE Twi became an Alicorn only to turn out only a year passed between the start of S1 and S4. Those are the biggest ones in my mind right now, but I’m sure there are many others. A massive retcon is the only thing that’ll convince G5 is an alt universe

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-11-16 at 10:46 PM, Number62 said:

Why do you say that?

Please keep in mind that this is an opinion of someone who only watched the first movie and keeps postponing watching the rest.

The most jarring thing is that the world just works differently. I could accept if there was a transition between an ecology that was completely dependent on the ponies to function into what it is in the new generation. What I saw when I watched the movie was a badly written fanfiction that didn't make me think it cared about those details. It felt like it wanted to be a continuation without being a continuation. Furthering on this feeling, what I kept seeing didn't inspire a lot of the passion I saw in G4. The killing blow was when Discord showed up in the comics, but not the animation.

I could go on about the reasons I'm not interested in G5, but I think that it time better spent on my G4.5 fanfictions.

On 2023-11-02 at 3:32 PM, Metemponychosis said:

Being the same universe just makes no sense inside my head.

Mine too. There are just too many inconsistencies between generations 4 and 5.

After watching Make Your Mark chapter 6 I've finally decided that I can no longer consider gen 5 to be a continuation of Friendship is Magic. I regard it more like the comics now: something non-canon.

Edited by Solar Power

I don't particularly care if its the same universe or not or whatever, but from what I have seen what makes most sense to me is its a universe that based on G4, very similar to it with overall similar history. Theres nothing wrong with it, maybe if the writers decide to go in this route than it will actually be better for this generation, so it won't have to follow the many things FiM did and do some unique things on its own, which they kind off did in the recent chapter. 

• Brohoof 1

On 11/26/2023 at 7:36 PM, Rushing cash said:

I don't particularly care if its the same universe or not or whatever, but from what I have seen what makes most sense to me is its a universe that based on G4, very similar to it with overall similar history. Theres nothing wrong with it, maybe if the writers decide to go in this route than it will actually be better for this generation, so it won't have to follow the many things FiM did and do some unique things on its own, which they kind off did in the recent chapter. 

But, unfortunately, they decided that this was the same universe as G4. And it's terrible because they are trampling on a great heritage

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Kantet said:

But, unfortunately, they decided that this was the same universe as G4. And it's terrible because they are trampling on a great heritage

C'mon, G5 can't be that bad. Anyway, if you really dislike G5 that much you can just ignore it. This is not real life history, its a cartoon about magical horses. Its by no means hurting FiM

6 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

C'mon, G5 can't be that bad. Anyway, if you really dislike G5 that much you can just ignore it. This is not real life history, its a cartoon about magical horses. Its by no means hurting FiM

He could or could not, but he turned out to be so. Yes, it’s clear that this is just a cartoon, but I take what happens in films quite seriously, that’s why I have this reaction.