Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Time period headcanon, or: Why Are There No Humans?

Jouva

I don't usually do these but I'd like to share my thoughts on the time period since I don't hear too much about that... then again I don't go looking for these kinds of posts either so I don't know what has been said.

Anyway a lot of this revolves around the canon existence of one character: Tirek. Tirek existed in the original G1 MLP series back in the 80s. During this time, humans DID exist and interact with the ponies. Based on their interaction, any "magical land" they lived in appeared to be somehow connected to an English speaking country on Earth that was coinciding with the 1980s since the fashion style seemed to match as did the architecture.

Well, that or they live in a universe or planet that happens to speak English and is also stuck in the 80s.

Anyway, perhaps assume that this was a 1980s earth as we knew it. Tirek was captured and put in a jail of sorts. Fast-forward to G4. We can perhaps assume that THAT Tirek is the same as THIS Tirek since the stories behind the two are essentially the same. That or the whole universe/planet thing like I mentioned above.

Quite a few times we have heard "1000 years ago" from times when Luna and Celestia were in power. We don't know how long they were in power, but it was quite some time, longer one can assume. So my thoughts on this are that either:

1) The ponies live on Earth in some magical land but have never seen humans because they have long been since gone and we are watching something from the future.

2) Their "year" is significantly different than ours and perhaps they are in this other universe or planet that just happened to have English speaking human like creatures that looked like people from the 80s.

Thoughts?

I think G4 is not on the same continuity as G1. Also "humans" do exist in G4, that is what they are supposed to be in Equestria Girls anyway. Yes they look like if the cast of Doug crossbreeded with Bratz dolls but they are technically human.

• Brohoof 3

I think G4 is not on the same continuity as G1. Also "humans" do exist in G4, that is what they are supposed to be in Equestria Girls anyway. Yes they look like if the cast of Doug crossbreeded with Bratz dolls but they are technically human.

I guess you can say that for G4 this is true, but just in another universe. But as far as "MLP:FiM" is concerned, they're non-existent since EG is supposed to be separate in terms of it being not canon towards MLP;FiM

I guess you can say that for G4 this is true, but just in another universe. But as far as "MLP:FiM" is concerned, they're non-existent since EG is supposed to be separate in terms of it being not canon towards MLP;FiM

Sorry to be the one to break this too you but Equestria girls is indeed canon. Writers have said as much. Hopefully the next installment does not make this fact so cringe worthy.

In regards to Equestria Girls...

The world of ponies and humans in G1 was connected by a bridge in the sky between the two worlds. For all we know, the human world in Equestria Girls is the same one that Megan was from and the ponies visiting her world somehow changed it and made it so that humans evolved to have multicolor skin or something.

I have to agree with Buck here. I've seen people interpreting comments that EQG having no impact on FiM is the same as it being non-canon. That isn't exactly what that means. EQG is supposed to be like a one-off adventure in a way. Similar to what you have in a comic book series or a multitude of other shows. The events won't spill over to the main property, but it's part of the entire universe.

I don't see G1 and G4 as a connected storyline. G4 is more of a reboot and new interpretation

• Brohoof 2

I see G1 as history of Equestria 1000s of moons ago....

It was only by the time Firefly brought Megan to Equestria that then human walked Equestria and protected pony kind or at least just Megan however it is NOT just Megan 

Scorpan and possibly Tirek before had once been human also roaming Equestrian territory much time before Megan even existed

Tirek was a evil man would not care more about anything but power....and magic....

whist Scorpan had a friendlier nature to him although he once had little interaction not even with his own brother Tirek

one sad day as Tirek woke he came across a dark unicorn...his appearance was  difficult to work out 

*you had more time TIREK now it is time you become that monster you really are* annd yeah.....

by that time Tirek no longer human and never to become what he once was again....because of his selfishness.....he still hates that old unicorn 

in depression he knew if he was to lose humanity so would his brother SCORPAN

as so Scorpan too became a monster....

Scorpan was upset by what his OWN brother did to him he did know that Tirek was cruel but to his own brother? 

this scared Scorpan but deep within he still loved his brother.....

as years passed Tirek planned to soon surround Equestria within darkness....forever....Scorpan even if unloved still was willing to help with elder brother as so he did...he tried....

however thanks to Firefly and many others Tirek the elder was defeated and sent to Tardorous (sorry I can't spell XD) 

about 300 years later....Scorpan visited Tirek giving him what he treasured the most...his necklace...given to him by the ponies themselves as a sign of true loyalty before simply saying goodbye and soon flew away after this...Tirek deep within felt for his brother....

and Scorpan got back the form he once had....

(you know what happened years later)

with Megan it's likely she left Equestria as she felt the ponies had grown up by now and could clearly look after themselves with the two sisters by ponykinds side....

so she left.....

Umm....I guess the headcanon is okay....

Edited by Everleaf

I see G1 as history of Equestria 1000s of moons ago....

It was only by the time Firefly brought Megan to Equestria that then human walked Equestria and protected pony kind or at least just Megan however it is NOT just Megan 

Scorpan and possibly Tirek before had once been human also roaming Equestrian territory much time before Megan even existed

Tirek was a evil man would not care more about anything but power....and magic....

whist Scorpan had a friendlier nature to him although he once had little interaction not even with his own brother Tirek

one sad day as Tirek woke he came across a dark unicorn...his appearance was  difficult to work out 

*you had more time TIREK now it is time you become that monster you really are* annd yeah.....

by that time Tirek no longer human and never to become what he once was again....because of his selfishness.....he still hates that old unicorn 

in depression he knew if he was to lose humanity so would his brother SCORPAN

as so Scorpan too became a monster....

Scorpan was upset by what his OWN brother did to him he did know that Tirek was cruel but to his own brother? 

this scared Scorpan but deep within he still loved his brother.....

as years passed Tirek planned to soon surround Equestria within darkness....forever....Scorpan even if unloved still was willing to help with elder brother as so he did...he tried....

however thanks to Firefly and many others Tirek the elder was defeated and sent to Tardorous (sorry I can't spell XD) 

about 300 years later....Scorpan visited Tirek giving him what he treasured the most...his necklace...given to him by the ponies themselves as a sign of true loyalty before simply saying goodbye and soon flew away after this...Tirek deep within felt for his brother....

and Scorpan got back the form he once had....

(you know what happened years later)

with Megan it's likely she left Equestria as she felt the ponies had grown up by now and could clearly look after themselves with the two sisters by ponykinds side....

so she left.....

Umm....I guess the headcanon is okay....

Megan died and became the tree of harmony fused with it somehow

Yeah, G4 is a reboot of that world, not a continuation. Humans don't exist in this word because, well, it's a pony world. Like how everyone on Endor is a teddy bear.

My head canon is that this isn't Earth, but a pony planet from an alternate pony universe hidden somewhere in the Horsehead Nebula because everything has to do with horses.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

They are not connected. G1 and G4 are very different. G4 is like a combination of the previous gens with a few original characters and settings. 

I have to ask you, HOW do you compare both old Tirek and Scorpan to the new ones? You clearly see that Scorpan in G1 is a human turned into a monster. In G4, that gargoyle form of his is actually his real form.

In G1 Tirek is much more human-like and doesn't have G4's horns and voice. In G4, he's completely different and a very strange character, in a lot of ways.

The backstores are different. The new characters are just the old characters being revamped.

No. Megan is Celestia and Molly is Luna

Than what happened to the locket. Why were they surprised to find the tree they would have know if it was made by the rainbow of light

+  I like my idea better because in Mythology a girl is about to die but the gods turn her into a tree and this show is deeply indulged in Greek myths

• Brohoof 1

Than what happened to the locket.

Their brother Danny, also known as Discord has it.

Why were they surprised to find the tree they would have know if it was made by the rainbow of light

Also the work of their brother Discord.

I don't really care if it's a continuation or a reboot, but if we are going to try to connect G1 and G4 with a timeline, I have this to say:

First, let's consider only the story and not the art style. This way, the world Megan came from and the world of EQG can be one and the same and it doesn't matter that EQG people look like multicoloured aliens. It also doesn't matter what Tirek and Scorpan look like.

Next, we know that the only way to travel between the pony realm and the human realm is by magic, be it a mirror portal or a rainbow bridge.

It does appear that G1 took place in the 80s (if Megan was indeed from Earth), and G4 takes place in the present (as evidenced by the technology in EQG). If this is true, how is it that in a mere 30 or so Earth years all memory of humans has disappeared from Pony history?

To solve this conundrum, I apply Narnia Time Logic (NTL). In the Chronicles of Narnia series, travel between our world and Narnia is only possible by magic and Narnia is only visited by Earth children a total of six times. Those visits span the lifetime of one of the Earth characters, but cover thousands and thousands of years in Narnia. Sometimes a year would go by in England but in Narnia a millennium had passed. This is because the two worlds are not connected by any physical space so their timelines are also not synchronized. I think the same thing happens when travelling between Equestria and Canterlot High Land.

And for you Narnia fans, this also means that in the Wood Between the Worlds there should be a pool that leads to Equestria! :D

• Brohoof 1

My personal headcanon is that Equestria is the chunk of the earth that got blown off in the Great Mushroom war seen in Adventure time.

You can see a globe on several occasions in Adventure Time, and the holographic one (shown via satellites in orbit) shows a large portion of the world missing. I personally hold belief that this chunk was blown into another sector of the galaxy via the lich bomb (as seen in the episodes "jake the dog" and "finn the human") and that the ponies are merely just super mutated humans (thus explaining their more humanized appearance as compared to the earlier generations) that have mutated in such a way to the reality warping properties of the lich bomb's magical occult radiation (as evidenced by the candy kingdom). Thus why there are no humans in FiM, because technically all the ponies are humans. Just severely mutated ones.

But this is just my personal headcanon, and there is 0 evidence for it.

But I share the belief with many others that g4 is a reboot, and any g1 villains that are encountered in it have a g4 specific character.

I have never seen G1. But why would Danny make the tree why not hold onto the locked that way they would have never turned him to stone

'cause deep down he wanted to be redeemed. :(

You realize I'm not being completely serious about this - at all. It's one of my many running gags to say that the Sisters and Discord are the G1 humans. In the end, I defer to my original post in this thread - that both Gens are not meant to be taken as a singular timeline.

You realize I'm not being completely serious about this - at all. It's one of my many running gags to say that the Sisters and Discord are the G1 humans. In the end, I defer to my original post in this thread - that both Gens are not meant to be taken as a singular timeline.

But I think they are the one timeline in one episode of G1 scorpan said that his brother was Tirek. And that the spirits of 6 ponies fused with the rainbow of light