Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think G5 is approaching its end?

Rafa Stary

2 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I think G5 could go on, we haven't seen Allura's backstory or where she's from. Like, maybe she and Twitch can redeem themselves, be allies with the ponies

Yeah but who knows, they could redeem her very soon, or also make her redemption somehow important for the final story arc of the series, I don't know, the Opaline arc started in May 2022 and ended in November 2023, Allura was introduced in November 2023, so we can expect for her arc to be completed around 2025, but what if it ends earlier? Well, let's wait :mlp_wat:

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Yeah but who knows, they could redeem her very soon, or also make her redemption somehow important for the final story arc of the series, I don't know, the Opaline arc started in May 2022 and ended in November 2023, Allura was introduced in November 2023, so we can expect for her arc to be completed around 2025, but what if it ends earlier? Well, let's wait :mlp_wat:

You know what I miss from G4 that had been implemented in G5? Multiple Villains. Like, can we get a Sprout comeback? Or the three villains break out of their statue? Or hey, why not even resurrect Sombra for the 3rd and (hopefully) final time

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

You know what I miss from G4 that had been implemented in G5? Multiple Villains. Like, can we get a Sprout comeback? Or the three villains break out of their statue? Or hey, why not even resurrect Sombra for the 3rd and (hopefully) final time

I admire your idea, but I'm personally really fine with the way G5 is working its villains, it's different from the way G4 did it and I really appreciate it, it's like what they did in Season 9 of FiM with the Legion of Doom only extended, them making each villain have an arc with them appearing in several episodes is a concept that I really liked, Opaline is my favorite villain, I enjoyed her more than the G4 villains, and I think that this is It must be precisely because she is developed over several episodes and not just 2 or 4, I don't think this necessarily makes her a better villain than the ones in G4, but it certainly made me have her as my favorite (that's why I think this is the only point where G5 is superior to G4 in my opinion). And bring up villains from the past back and make them work together again? I don't know, it would be like repeating a lot of what FiM did, people would complain even more, or maybe not :mlp_huh:

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

I admire your idea, but I'm personally really fine with the way G5 is working its villains, it's different from the way G4 did it and I really appreciate it, it's like what they did in Season 9 of FiM with the Legion of Doom only extended, them making each villain have an arc with them appearing in several episodes is a concept that I really liked, Opaline is my favorite villain, I enjoyed her more than the G4 villains, and I think that this is It must be precisely because she is developed over several episodes and not just 2 or 4, I don't think this necessarily makes her a better villain than the ones in G4, but it certainly made me have her as my favorite (that's why I think this is the only point where G5 is superior to G4 in my opinion). And bring up villains from the past back and make them work together again? I don't know, it would be like repeating a lot of what FiM did, people would complain even more, or maybe not :mlp_huh:

I see your point, but if I had to choose a villain to bring bac, it'd be either Tirek, or the Pony of Shadows. Both of which would've survived the aging process, and knowing Tirek, he probably would've drained Chrysalis and Cozy Glow in the statue if given the chance. And if he did, it would make sense. The Pony of Shadows could even possess the likes of Sprout, because while Stygian is good now, the darkness is still out there. Waiting.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I see your point, but if I had to choose a villain to bring bac, it'd be either Tirek, or the Pony of Shadows. Both of which would've survived the aging process, and knowing Tirek, he probably would've drained Chrysalis and Cozy Glow in the statue if given the chance. And if he did, it would make sense. The Pony of Shadows could even possess the likes of Sprout, because while Stygian is good now, the darkness is still out there. Waiting.

If you watched and see how they handled gen 5 you know that's impossible 🤣.

Look they brought SPIKE.

so the level of thinking should be at that level.

So most likely they'll bring out... I don't know? Trixie or opaline( the cat)

Or anything that resembles the 3d model of the ponies. Recycle that model to the ground 😆 

Anyway just lower your expectations so it wont hurt as much when they fail you. :devious:

• Delighted Giggle 1

1 hour ago, Evil Pink One said:

If you watched and see how they handled gen 5 you know that's impossible 🤣.

Look they brought SPIKE.

so the level of thinking should be at that level.

So most likely they'll bring out... I don't know? Trixie or opaline( the cat)

Or anything that resembles the 3d model of the ponies. Recycle that model to the ground 😆 

I know where are you trying to reach with that :ButtercupLaugh: but I can assure you that won't happen again as they don't have a 3D series holding them anymore, plus the Dragons' new design could also have been made to sell toys :ph3ar:

44 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I know where are you trying to reach with that :ButtercupLaugh: but I can assure you that won't happen again as they don't have a 3D series holding them anymore, plus the Dragons' new design could also have been made to sell toys :ph3ar:

Who knows? They've done the un expected... Who sys they cant do it again? Hahaha but not sure if ts gonna be good or bad though. Again lowered my expectations on this one.

• Delighted Giggle 1

8 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I don't know, I'm only saying Allura and Twitch could redeem, allies with the ponies

• Brohoof 1

Please try to stay on topic. :kindness: I removed some comments that were unrelated to the discussion.

• Brohoof 2

I personally don't mind going off-topic, some subjects can lead to different subjects, but some members were complaining about it, so yeah, that was a necessary move :derp:

By the way, now that the TyT episodes are going to be bi-weekly, maybe it's because Hasbro don't want the second season to end so fast, Season 1 started in April 2022 and ended in December 2023 with 70 episodes. With Season 2 episodes releasing every week, we would get 50 episodes this year. If Season 2 also gets 70 episodes, then we would have only like, 20 episodes in 2025, maybe they want to extended the run of the series on purpose, the future of G5 is uncertain after the end of this Season. I don't know, I just know that the more time passes and things don't seem to improve for the G5, the more convinced I am that by the end of 2024 we will enter its final stretch.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

personally don't mind going off-topic, some subjects can lead to different subjects, but some members were complaining about it, so yeah, that was a necessary move

true. we don't want them mad or sad. plus theyre already losing gen5. so why add to their misery right?

26 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

By the way, now that the TyT episodes are going to be bi-weekly, maybe it's because Hasbro don't want the second season to end so fast, Season 1 started in April 2022 and ended in December 2023 with 70 episodes. With Season 2 episodes releasing every week, we would get 50 episodes this year. If Season 2 also gets 70 episodes, then we would have only like, 20 episodes in 2025, maybe they want to extended the run of the series on purpose, the future of G5 is uncertain after the end of this Season. I don't know, I just know that the more time passes and things don't seem to improve for the G5, the more convinced I am that by the end of 2024 we will enter its final stretch.

must be marketing strategy.... which was garbage in the first place, and probably they made promises and are making loopholes.

• Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

true. we don't want them mad or sad. plus theyre already losing gen5. so why add to their misery right?

must be marketing strategy.... which was garbage in the first place, and probably they made promises and are making loopholes.

I stayed on topic. Why with the shocked expression @Rafa Stary?

Also i just noticed the abriviation TyT you made is like crying. TvT :Pip-giggle:

• Delighted Giggle 1

26 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

I stayed on topic. Why with the shocked expression @Rafa Stary?

Also i just noticed the abriviation TyT you made is like crying. TvT :Pip-giggle:

Because of your comment's on the unfortunate current status of G5, I was actually meant to react with "Sad", but due to your threatening way of writing, and because you're evil, I reacted with "shocked":love:

Also, I thought everyone used that TyT abbreviation XD?

• Excited 1

32 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Because of your comment's on the unfortunate current status of G5, I was actually meant to react with "Sad", but due to your threatening way of writing, and because you're evil, I reacted with "shocked":love:

Also, I thought everyone used that TyT abbreviation XD?

Abbreviation? I always called it Recite thy adventures, or Tell yer tail.

• Leaves 1